X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've missed them since they moved to NL

Originally posted by brewcrew82
    If we had a decent bullpen, the second game may have turned out a touch different!
    Believe me, boy, do I know that! Homeruns were flying out for us that night just when we needed them ...
    Again, our heartfelt thanks to the Brewers staff! . . . .
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• The Cubbies were Bears vs New York . . .

Originally posted by baseballwise

All's well that ends well.....
      so I'm happy the Cubs were able to help put the Red Sox a half game into first place
      as we took two games. Also great to see Sam get hit #2,000!
      . . Baseballwise,
      Congratulations on a very successful weekend!
      . . .
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• [quoted by Ken]
        I keep forgetting he's alot older now . . .
        The only time Clemens would need 140 pitches, is a night he didn't have his good stuff and was struggling. I really am pulling for him to reach both 4000th K & 300th Win in the same night . . .
        Normally with Clemens, a high pitch count indicates he's gotten behind a lot of batters and has needed to work harder than necessary. He guts it out and makes the 2-out 2-runner strikeout or ground that he needs, but more laborous than necessary.

He should get 300/4,000, since he's now at 299/3,996. We'll see how fiesty St Louis is this weekend. Hopefully Saturday, since I'm not sure how Clemens feels about Friday the 13th.
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• It's all quiet on the southern front...

The silence is {a welcome change} but deafening ...

It's been awfully quite down there in Mudville...
          Is the reality a bit disheartening that his super
          Yman team is vulnerable this season?
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Quoted by Ken:

"The silence is {a welcome change} but deafening ...

Is the reality a bit disheartening that his superYman team is vulnerable this season?"

I'm curious, why do you use quotes when posting?

Every team's vulnerable. Of course, if a team picks it up and has a good series, that always puts a smile on my face.

My next test is to see who has a better series against St Louis. Boston or the Yanks.
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Sorry I've been MIA but I was at Wrigley!
              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Hope you had fun at Wrigley, watching the very healthy future of pitching in baseball: Wood and Prior mow 'em down 21 times.

How long they stay with the Cubs is anyone's guess ?
                But as long as they are in contention, now is the time to get Mike Lowell at 3B to solidify the run for the NL crown.
                Chris Smolen

"High..., pop fly.... That wouldn't be a home run in a phone booth" -
                Harry Caray

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan
                  Sorry I've been MIA but I was at Wrigley!
                  Have a good time, buddy?
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                    Quoted by Ken:

"The silence is {a welcome change} but deafening ...

Is the reality a bit disheartening that his superYman team is vulnerable this season?"

I'm curious, why do you use quotes when posting?

Every team's vulnerable. Of course, if a team picks it up and has a good series, that always puts a smile on my face.

My next test is to see who has a better series against St Louis. Boston or the Yanks.
                    St. Louis will be a very tough series for both Boston and New York. They look like a powerful offensive team . . . . . .
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                      St. Louis will be a very tough series for both Boston and New York. They look like a powerful offensive team . . . . . .
                      Maybe Tino will be extra batty this week, but cool down a bit this weekend. I think he's used to doing his best against a certain team in Fenway.

Comment

• I think it'll all come down to whose pitching staff recovers the quickest and remains strong the longest. We all know that Boston, New York and Toronto can hit. So pitching's the difference which is why I think Toronto will fade. Pedro's is now 100% and starts on Wednesday.
                        Let's see if Boston can continue their success at home and if
                        New York continues below .500 @ Yankee Stadium!
                        . . .
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

• I see you couldn't resist putting in the sub .500 thing, huh? That's alrighty, I'll get ya back!

I'll put a note in to Tino that since having replaced Mattingly and Big Mac, he should get a little happy at the plate and get to the Boston pen a little early. I'll make sure that Rolens and LaRussa get the memo also.

Of course, if they take 2 of 3 at Fenway, but we take 2 of 3 against St Louis, then what's your excuse, my friend?

Comment

• Interleague at Home

Originally posted by Mattingly
                            I see you couldn't resist putting in the sub .500 thing, huh? That's alrighty, I'll get ya back!
                            Of course, if they take 2 of 3 at Fenway, but we take 2 of 3 against St Louis, then what's your excuse, my friend?
                            The difference could be which St.Louis pitchers start against each team.
                            And it looks like you're going to face their two best . . .

STL: Woody Williams (8-1) BOS: Kim (2-5)
                            STL: Brett Tomko (2-4) BOS: Pedro (4-2)
                            STL: Stephenson (3-5) BOS: Wakefield (5-2)

STL: Matt Morris (7-3) NYY: Clemens (6-4)
                            STL: Jason Simontacchi (4-3) NYY: AndyPet(5-6)
                            STL: Woody Williams (8-1) NYY: Mussina (7-4)

I think we're doing pretty good being in 1st place and having gotten there without Pedro for two weeks. He's healthy now and starts tomorrow night.

RE: Yankees home record...Last season it was the Red Sox who sucked at home! Your turn . . .

Last edited by KenFougere; 06-10-2003, 02:09 PM.
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Back and forth....

AL East Update...

1. NYY 36 27 .571 --

2. Bos 35 27 .565 .5
                              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Re: Back and forth....

Originally posted by YankeeMan
                                AL East Update...

1. NYY 36 27 .571 --

2. Bos 35 27 .565 .5
                                Back & forth...true but if Boston & New York continue playing lousey ball, we're both going to be looking up at Toronto in the standings! . . .
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X