This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Far,So Shaky

Looks to me Pedro,is a (Grady)Little tentative.Not looking like he is coming after these guys

Comment

• Wossie boy Pedro picks on a 70-year old man. What a loser!
      WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Hopefully, we don't actually get into a fight in this series. After Roger threw over Manny's head, which followed Pedro's buzzing Garcia on the shoulder, it could've gotten even uglier than it did. Really way too much excitement, and all the players looked like they were in combat mode. Good thing it was Ortiz restraining Manny. Who else could've done that?
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan
          Wossie boy Pedro picks on a 70-year old man. What a loser!
          I think that Zim was just trying to stop Pedro, but at that age, you can't control your body as well. Knocking him down was ridiculous. At least have pity on him and don't throw him down like a piece of garbage.

Please note, if anyone says that a pitcher throws at anybody after being hammered, it's obvious who did it first. Let the facts speak for themselves, and don't try any "spin" or "coloring" of the bare facts. Please also remember that Pedro *did* hit RF Karim Garcia, who took 1B. Manny wasn't given 1B, as the ball went over his head.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• That whole thing sucked...

When I first saw Pedro shove Don Zimmer, I wanted to kill Pedro! Then I saw the replay, and I can't understand what the hell Zimmer was doing out there in the first place, let alone trying to hit Pedro. P over-reacted but other than running away, what else could he do? I just wish he did it more gentle.

BTW, I've always liked Don Zimmer ALOT. He was a great manager for us in the 70's...
            Last edited by KenFougere; 10-11-2003, 03:02 PM.
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: That whole thing sucked...

Originally posted by KenFougere
              When I first saw Pedro shove Don Zimmer, I wanted to kill Pedro! Then I saw the replay, and I can't understand what the hell Zimmer was doing out there in the first place, let alone trying to hit Pedro. P over-reacted but other than running away, what else could he do? I just wish he did it more gentle.
              Man, can you stop posting in red for Pete's sake?

Anyway, I think Zim was trying to stop Pedro. No way a 70 y.o. man tries hitting a jock 40 years younger. Either case, why shove him down like that? At least restrain him. It's like if a girl hits you, don't hit her, just stop her from hitting you.

Comment

• Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA

Comment

• Re: Re: That whole thing sucked...

Originally posted by Mattingly
                  Man, can you stop posting in red for Pete's sake?

Anyway, I think Zim was trying to stop Pedro. No way a 70 y.o. man tries hitting a jock 40 years younger. Either case, why shove him down like that? At least restrain him. It's like if a girl hits you, don't hit her, just stop her from hitting you.
                  Pete?
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: That whole thing sucked...

Pete?
                    Ken, do you have to post every single thing in bold + red? Can't you just type regular sometime? Is that too difficult? Try it for once. It won't kill you.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: That whole thing sucked...

Originally posted by Mattingly
                      Ken, do you have to post every single thing in bold + red? Can't you just type regular sometime? Is that too difficult? Try it for once. It won't kill you.
                      Hey, I changed colors for you. What more do you want?????
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: That whole thing sucked...

Hey, I changed colors for you. What more do you want?????
                        Ken, for decorative stuff, fine. But when talking "regular", why post in red? Do you see me posting in navy all the time?

Oh well, your choice, not mine.

Comment

• Lets Get Back to the Game

Wow,What intensity,,,We got a real game of hardball going on

Comment

• What purpose could there be for putting a microphone in 1st base???
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                              What purpose could there be for putting a microphone in 1st base???
                              I have been wondering the same thing. Whenever they cut to that audio feed, the footstep on the bag overmodulates the signal and they have to either pot it down or cut away from it.

Fox tries to be so "in the action" with everything. I mean, the camera angles are nice and maybe some mics on the coaches, but mic-ing the bases is too much.
                              4-Man_Rotation

Comment

• Despite the near fisticuffs, all the lunacy, the groundskeeper going into the Yankee pen and trying to start a fight, our boys held strong and Roger got the win, Pedro got the loss. Mo got the 6-out, no-hit save. Nothing better than a Yankee win tonight!
                                Last edited by Mattingly; 10-11-2003, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X