X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Interleague at Home

Originally posted by KenFougere

STL: Matt Morris (7-3) NYY: Clemens (6-4)
    STL: Jason Simontacchi (4-3) NYY: AndyPet(5-6)
    STL: Woody Williams (8-1) NYY: Mussina (7-4)

I think we're doing pretty good being in 1st place and having gotten there without Pedro for two weeks. He's healthy now and starts tomorrow night.

RE: Yankees home record...Last season it was the Red Sox who sucked at home! Your turn . . .
    When considering the Yanks, I don't think W-L or ERA mean squat. I've seen people like Texas' Chan Ho Park make mincemeat of the Yanks and he had a 7.90 ERA at the time. Clemens' W-L isn't too accurate, since he'd lost his last game in which he'd allowed no runs, but since he had two baserunners, that HR off Acevedo gave him 2 ER and the loss.

Clemens seems reliable, and I hope that Pettitte's two prior starts before his last stinker return. That's not a game I'd put money on, since I'm unsure which Andy will show up. Considering I'm not even sure if Torre will give Clemens an extra day's rest, who knows who will pitch on Friday or Saturday?

Moose looked pretty good in his last start, so if he's "on", then it could be a nice duel on Sunday.

I say it's up to the pen. Contreras is on the DL, so he wouldn't even be able to work the pen for us, but if Weaver, Hitchcock and Hammond are OK, and Osuna performs, we may get to see Mo Rivera in the game.

I hope tonight's game with Woody Williams wasn't a fluke, since Nomar and Manny got to him for 3 RBIs in the 7th. If so, Moose may do the trick.

Now why couldn't Tino have had a hit? I'll have to send him another email, this time marked "Urgent".
    Last edited by Mattingly; 06-10-2003, 09:31 PM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Re: Re: Interleague at Home

Originally posted by Mattingly

Now why couldn't Tino have had a hit? I'll have to send him another email, this time marked "Urgent".
      Don't bother with the E-Mail . . .

Tino Martinez will not play the rest of the Boston series and maybe against the New York Yankees either.
      Martinez sustained a strain of the right hamstring while running out a grounder in the seventh inning.Martinez is listed as day-to-day but hopes to play Friday night.
      He was hurt trying unsuccessfully to avoid an inning-ending double play and pulled up as he approached first base. He was replaced at first base in the bottom of the inning.
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Well I hope Clemens is pushed back and Tino plays seeing as I'm going on Saturday. I said at the beginning of the year that the Blue Jays worried me (not that I thought they'd be this good) but I still think they are a year away.

Still, I like the order of the standings, hope it stays that tight into September, with the Yanks coming out on top of course.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Interleague at Home

Originally posted by KenFougere
          Don't bother with the E-Mail . . .

Tino Martinez will not play the rest of the Boston series and maybe against the New York Yankees either.
          Martinez sustained a strain of the right hamstring while running out a grounder in the seventh inning.Martinez is listed as day-to-day but hopes to play Friday night.
          He was hurt trying unsuccessfully to avoid an inning-ending double play and pulled up as he approached first base. He was replaced at first base in the bottom of the inning.
          I hadn't even realized. I was out all day and didn't check much sports news last night. Long story.

Houston pitcher Roy Oswalt, who I think is their ace, got some kind of groin injury in the 2nd inning today when pitching to Posada. I posted in the Astros forum, so if anyone gets any info, they may post there. Means a relief, since they play Boston when we play St Louis.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by BC498
            Well I hope Clemens is pushed back and Tino plays seeing as I'm going on Saturday. I said at the beginning of the year that the Blue Jays worried me (not that I thought they'd be this good) but I still think they are a year away.

Still, I like the order of the standings, hope it stays that tight into September, with the Yanks coming out on top of course.
            I heard that Clemens is pitching on Friday. I'd rather he just get it over with, since he'll have to do it sometime this season.

Comment

• AT YANKEE STADIUM NO LESS!

End of 9th inning
              .. . O H . . A . . N O . . N O ! . . .
              * 8 CONSECUTIVE YANKS STRUCK OUT !
              Last edited by KenFougere; 06-11-2003, 07:19 PM.
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: AT YANKEE STADIUM NO LESS!

Ken, I bet that felt good!
                RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

• Re: Re: AT YANKEE STADIUM NO LESS!

Originally posted by brewcrew82
                  Ken, I bet that felt good!
                  [list=1]
                  As a matter of fact, Ya, I'm rather enjoying myself tonight very much . . .
                  Thank-you for asking!

[*]Boston Red Sox .......36 - 27
                  [*]New York Yankees....36 - 28 ½ [/list=1]
                  Last edited by KenFougere; 06-11-2003, 07:43 PM.
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

• I'd also like to add:

Boston: 13 runs, 19hits
                    Yankees: 0 runs, 0 hits

Don't worry yanks, we'll give you a few hits back when we're done with em.
                    "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
                    -Scott Stossel

Comment

• We really need to win a series at home. When's the BoSux coming to town?
                      WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Calling all cars!

* ALL POINTS BULLETIN !

A Suicide Watch is in effect for YankeeMan !

Last edited by KenFougere; 06-11-2003, 08:05 PM.
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Could you tone it down a bit? You're hurting my eyes.

It was one game. The Yanks will still win the last game of the World Series.
                          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Need to win a series ??????

Originally posted by YankeeMan
                            We really need to win a series at home. When's the BoSux coming to town?

Win a series at home???

Jumping the gun a bit aren't you ????

I'd start with getting a hit a home first!

{ Sorry, I just couldn't resist . . .
                            you can reciprocate when we're zeroed }
                            Last edited by KenFougere; 06-11-2003, 08:21 PM.
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Yankees lead the season series against the Red Sox 4-2.
                              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan
                                Yankees lead the season series against the Red Sox 4-2.
                                It's Current Events . . .
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X