This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No time like the present!

Today would be a nice day to win the pennant.
    Attached Files
    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Why rush !!!!

Originally posted by YankeeMan
      Today would be a nice day to win the pennant.
      Nah, Tomorrow will be MUCH better !
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Why rush !!!!

Originally posted by KenFougere
        Nah, Tomorrow will be MUCH better !
        Ken, aren't you guys tired of the phrase "game 7" yet? Nope, I say that just as 1986 was a great year, then 2003 is an even better year. The Baseball Gods have spoken, and game 6 it shall be.

Ballgame over, *ALCS* over, Yankees win. Thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Yankees!

In other news, Boston (gag, wheeze) manages to succumb to the dominating Yankees once again, as Capt Jeter once again shows who's boss in October!
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Re: Re: Why rush !!!!

Originally posted by Mattingly
          Ken, aren't you guys tired of the phrase "game 7" yet? Nope, I say that just as 1986 was a great year, then 2003 is an even better year. The Baseball Gods have spoken, and game 6 it shall be.

In other news, Boston (gag, wheeze) manages to succumb to the dominating Yankees once again, as Capt Jeter once again shows who's boss in October!
          Where do you go to find a hat big enough to fit?
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Why rush !!!!

Where do you go to find a hat big enough to fit?
            To the faux Cowboy store, then turn the hat upside-down.

Cowboy Down!
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Re: Re: Why rush !!!!

Not Really...
              Attached Files
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Why rush !!!!

Not Really...
                  You will in 24 hours, is all I'll say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandman
                    No comments from the peanut gallery! Hey, our Sandman (Mo) will right the ship.

Comment

• Game 7... jeez.

Originally posted by Mattingly No comments from the peanut gallery! Hey, our Sandman (Mo) will right the ship.
                      We gotta' get him in the game first. Make no mistake, the advantage is clearly in the BoSox corner.

GO ROCKET!
                      WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Why rush !!!!

You will in 24 hours, is all I'll say.
                        Somehow, I doubt that . . .
                        History
                        tells me you'll have quite-a-bit more to say . . .
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

• and something tells me the curse is still relevent.
                          International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
                          Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

Comment

• and something tells me the curse is still relevant.
                            This 'curse' was created in someone's imagination
                            and exsits in the minds of people who need to believe in it.
                            To be a champion, your team has to be one run better than their opponent on game day . . .
                            Attached Files
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• I no longer HATE any team. I have even gotten to the point where I can appreciate a good play or performance by a player on a team I don't care for. As a young human I hated the Yankees, Dodgers, then the Reds, Phillies (because of 1980), and the Mets.
                              While I am an Astro fan first and foremost, I admit to having an affinity to so-called "underdogs" particuarly when the playoffs roll around (but only if the 'Stros aren't involved). So naturally, I tend to dislike teams (briefly) who knock underdog teams out of the playoffs.
                              Hot ziggity dog and sassafras tea! - Loel Passe :radio

Comment

• Originally posted by rbrittain56
                                I no longer HATE any team. I have even gotten to the point where I can appreciate a good play or performance by a player on a team I don't care for. As a young human I hated the Yankees, Dodgers, then the Reds, Phillies (because of 1980), and the Mets.
                                While I am an Astro fan first and foremost, I admit to having an affinity to so-called "underdogs" particuarly when the playoffs roll around (but only if the 'Stros aren't involved). So naturally, I tend to dislike teams (briefly) who knock underdog teams out of the playoffs.
                                So, whose corner are you in?
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X