Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mattingly
    Kdub, I'm still awaiting your response. Are you into the posting type of "make strongly accusing statement, then hide out"? It's nice that others respond, but you're the one making the statement about Giambi. I think you'll need to respond personally, presuming your statement is to have any credibility. I have no intention of further discussion re steroids use in this thread until *AFTER* you've responded.

    Ken, ever heard of a link? It's something new you may wish to consider. After weaning you from all of your large-sized, bold and red posts in ALL CAPS, I'm wondering if you'll ever do this. Hint: try "copy & paste" from the address bar to get this done.

    As to the context of the post, why not quote Shaugnessy sometime? As Draconian as Boston fans have described their own media re the team, I'll only say "pot to kettle" right now. I don't know even know wrote that article, and it certainly wasn't in Saturday's paper. Keep wishing, as Boomer's absence won't be missed by myself.
    No actually, I haven't been "hiding out". I didn't realize it was that important to post a reply concerning this. I merely related what I had read somewhere online concerning Giambi and his "possible" use of steroids and how it may have been affecting his health.

    I seem to have been mistaken in that I thought this was a baseball rivalry forum, and that it was expected that each side was free to post their thoughts, opinions, and/or rumors without having to have "iron clad" proof. If in fact he has not used steroids, I'd be happy to say that I had been misinformed.
    Ken :gt

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Mattingly
      Kdub, I'm still awaiting your response. Are you into the posting type of "make strongly accusing statement, then hide out"? It's nice that others respond, but you're the one making the statement about Giambi. I think you'll need to respond personally, presuming your statement is to have any credibility. I have no intention of further discussion re steroids use in this thread until *AFTER* you've responded.

      Ken, ever heard of a link? It's something new you may wish to consider. After weaning you from all of your large-sized, bold and red posts in ALL CAPS, I'm wondering if you'll ever do this. Hint: try "copy & paste" from the address bar to get this done.

      As to the context of the post, why not quote Shaugnessy sometime? As Draconian as Boston fans have described their own media re the team, I'll only say "pot to kettle" right now.

      I don't know even know wrote that article, and it certainly wasn't in Saturday's paper.
      01/02/04 F. Bondy / New York Daily News

      First of all, I've never used all caps in my life. Second, if I used a simple link, I wouldn't get you as aggravated! Besides, I like to paste the part of the article that I'm referring to help make my point.
      I'll be looking for a Boston article that I think you'll enjoy . . . OK?
      Last edited by KenFougere; 01-04-2004, 06:26 PM.
      Ken Fougère

      Comment


      • Here you go . . .

        Originally posted by Mattingly
        As to the context of the post, why not quote Shaugnessy sometime? As Draconian as Boston fans have described their own media re the team, I'll only say "pot to kettle" right now.
        Matt should enjoy this Boston Globe piece . . .
        Wakefield moves on . . .
        Attached Files
        Ken Fougère

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kdub Red Sox Fan 4Life
          No actually, I haven't been "hiding out". I didn't realize it was that important to post a reply concerning this. I merely related what I had read somewhere online concerning Giambi and his "possible" use of steroids and how it may have been affecting his health.

          I seem to have been mistaken in that I thought this was a baseball rivalry forum, and that it was expected that each side was free to post their thoughts, opinions, and/or rumors without having to have "iron clad" proof. If in fact he has not used steroids, I'd be happy to say that I had been misinformed.
          I'd originally thought that you'd said he *was* using steroids before. Still, I'll accept your original comments as rumors, rather than a direct accusation. I don't consider steroids as fodder for this thread, as the purpose of this thread (IMO) is about cheesy smack talk, such as "You've lost Pettitte", "1918", "Who beat you in the ALCS?", "the dynasty is over", etc. If referring to a team's failure or potential failure, we just rag on each other here. Please read back 10-20 pages and see for yourself.

          If someone feels that Jason Giambi has used steroids, instead of any "rumors", "implications", etc, I think they should just say so in a regular thread under Current Events, then offer whatever proof they've got. This would be so strong an allegation, I wouldn't even consider it to be confined to the Yankee forum. Despite this, he's still far smaller than the ChiSox's Frank White and BoSox's David Ortiz, neither of whom I'd accuse or "imply" of being on steroids and/or any other performance-enhancing drug.

          As to what I've "heard", hey, I've heard the same about Bonds and Sosa, but I'm not a big spreader of rumors. To me, if someone starts or continues a rumor, they're fully obliged to support the comments. Since I look outside and don't happen to see Siberia or Russia, I'd say that the burden of proof lies fully on the one making the claim, not the one who's accused. Therefore, I don't feel that anyone has to offer proof that Jason Giambi is "clean", aka, "drug-free".

          I presume you'd meant no ill will, but steroids are a very hot button topic, and I prefer to read rumors about these very carefully, and, even though this isn't my forum, I hope that this "steroids rumor" issue doesn't further crop up in this thread.

          Thank you.

          Matt
          Last edited by Mattingly; 01-05-2004, 08:32 AM.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

          Comment


          • Originally posted by KenFougere
            01/02/04 F. Bondy / New York Daily News

            First of all, I've never used all caps in my life. Second, if I used a simple link, I wouldn't get you as aggravated! Besides, I like to paste the part of the article that I'm referring to help make my point.
            I'll be looking for a Boston article that I think you'll enjoy . . . OK?
            Thanks. Since you prefer quoting from the NY rags (NY Daily News and NY Post), I would suggest that you also refer to the author and the publication date, since both have "archives" where these stories can be easily looked up. If you quote the article partially, then people can see other things there which may show another point.

            The News' Filip Bondy isn't usually that bad, but Bill Madden, unlike Mike Lupica (the Lip), is more in George's corner. Similarly, the Post's Joel Sherman is the same anti-Yankee that the Lip is, so I don't take their writings seriously. Probably as little as you folks up north do wtih curly-haired Shaugnessy.

            My simple request: please provide a link and/or the name of the writer, and the date of publication.

            Thanks.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

            Comment


            • If you chowda-eatin' Beantowners don't get yourselves back in here, I'm going to turn this thread into my personal Yankee Forum II, at your expense!
              :gt

              Hiya, Ken.
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mattingly
                If you chowda-eatin' Beantowners don't get yourselves back in here, I'm going to turn this thread into my personal Yankee Forum II, at your expense!
                :gt

                Hiya, Ken.

                Sorry, my mind is on Saturday night's game at Gillette Stadium . . .
                Game time forcast temperature will be around -20 degrees wind chill. The Titans will feel as if they're climbing Mount Everest all night long! Ideal Patriots weather . . .
                After New England wins their final game on February 1st, I'll again be all over you in this famous forum. Count on it!
                Attached Files
                Ken Fougère

                Comment


                • i shouldn't do this but i'm gonna do it anyway.

                  GO CHIEFS
                  International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

                  "The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
                  Dizzy Dean.


                  9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

                  19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by drillerman
                    i shouldn't do this but i'm gonna do it anyway.

                    GO CHIEFS
                    That's right... I forgot the Chiefs have one game left . . .
                    Ken Fougère

                    Comment


                    • I am definitely going with Chiefs against the Colts.

                      "There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                      • I'm taking all four road teams this weekend, just call it a hunch. Although an 8:30 kickoff in New England is just insane. You never know how many times your quarterback will fumble in night games in New England.


                        P.S. Yankees Spring Training tickets go on sale tomorrow. Had to throw the baseball in.
                        Last edited by BC498; 01-08-2004, 07:13 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BC498
                          I'm taking all four road teams this weekend, just call it a hunch. Although an 8:30 kickoff in New England is just insane. You never know how many times your quarterback will fumble in night games in New England.
                          Or a "timely" incomplete pass for that matter . . .
                          Ken Fougère

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by KenFougere

                            Sorry, my mind is on Saturday night's game at Gillette Stadium . . .
                            Game time forcast temperature will be around -20 degrees wind chill. The Titans will feel as if they're climbing Mount Everest all night long! Ideal Patriots weather . . .
                            After New England wins their final game on February 1st, I'll again be all over you in this famous forum. Count on it!
                            Don't worry, you'd better hope that your team wins very shortly. If not, you'll have a very miserable winter in 9 months.
                            Don't worry, I'll promise to say "Patriots Suck" in your honor! :gt
                            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                            Comment


                            • Not fair when you compare . . .

                              Originally posted by Mattingly
                              Don't worry, you'd better hope that your team wins very shortly. If not, you'll have a very miserable winter in 9 months.
                              Don't worry, I'll promise to say "Patriots Suck" in your honor! :gt
                              SURE the Patriots suck, when comparing them to those three powerhouse NFL teams from New York state . . .
                              Attached Files
                              Ken Fougère

                              Comment


                              • Go Titans and Eagles.
                                www.clearbuck.com

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X