Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Re: Re: the real sport

    Originally posted by Mattingly
    Since 1919, the Beantowners have steadfastly proclaimed:

    "THIS IS OUR YEAR!"
    i really didn't want an answer, i olny count baseball as a sport everything else is a hobby, gambling is the only thing that keeps football interesting
    Smokey my friend, you mark that frame an 8 you're entering a world of pain. A world of pain.- Walter Sobchak PBA '98 Wichita Open

    Comment


    • Re: Re: Re: Re: the real sport

      Originally posted by 3-Hole Hitter
      i really didn't want an answer, i olny count baseball as a sport everything else is a hobby, gambling is the only thing that keeps football interesting
      I could go into NASCAR but I'm gonna be good and agree with Mattingly on the fact that New England will lose.
      International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

      "The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
      Dizzy Dean.


      9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

      19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

      Comment


      • Panthers will end Patriots's 15 games winning steak!
        "There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SoxRule21
          How does that work in New York are most Giant fans Yankee fans and Met fans are Jet fans or is it vice versa or just completely random?
          Back then, I think most Yankee fans were Giants fans, and Mets fans were Jets fans, primarily because neither had a real NFL stadium, and the Giants played at Yankee Stadium and the Jets played at Shea.

          Since Leon Hess moved the Jets to play in the Meadowlands in Giants Stadium. I think with those teams' moving, both teams became fair territory. I know of Mets and Yankee fans both liking the Giants, just as both have followed the Jets. Some fans haven't changed teams since they'd actually played in NYC.

          To answer your question, for long-time fans, they'll be faithful, and for newbies, it could be the players, the coaches, or what their family members or buddies like.

          Hey, I like the Nets and a litle of the Devils, but some of my Yankee buddies, they like the Knicks and Rangers. In that case, it all depends upon where you live.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kiwideus
            Panthers will end Patriots's 15 games winning steak!
            I hope so. The fewer "Yankee Sucks" parades, the merrier.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

            Comment


            • Re: Re: Re: Re: the real sport

              Originally posted by 3-Hole Hitter
              i really didn't want an answer, i olny count baseball as a sport everything else is a hobby, gambling is the only thing that keeps football interesting
              So, you're saying you never bet on baseball?

              Seems I've heard that somewhere before . . .
              Ken Fougère

              Comment


              • If it ends at 15 . . . so be it!

                Originally posted by Kiwideus
                Panthers will end Patriots's 15 games winning steak!

                For the Panthers to end the Patriots winning streak at 15 games, they would have to play + beat the Pats on the first game of next season! You see, the winning streak will reach 15 when they win the Super Bowl on February 1st.
                Ken Fougère

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mattingly
                  Back then, I think most Yankee fans were Giants fans, and Mets fans were Jets fans, primarily because neither had a real NFL stadium, and the Giants played at Yankee Stadium and the Jets played at Shea.

                  Since Leon Hess moved the Jets to play in the Meadowlands in Giants Stadium. I think with those teams' moving, both teams became fair territory. I know of Mets and Yankee fans both liking the Giants, just as both have followed the Jets. Some fans haven't changed teams since they'd actually played in NYC.

                  To answer your question, for long-time fans, they'll be faithful, and for newbies, it could be the players, the coaches, or what their family members or buddies like.

                  Hey, I like the Nets and a litle of the Devils, but some of my Yankee buddies, they like the Knicks and Rangers. In that case, it all depends upon where you live.
                  Does anyone in New York follow the Bills???
                  Ken Fougère

                  Comment


                  • Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the real sport

                    Originally posted by KenFougere
                    So, you're saying you never bet on baseball?

                    Seems I've heard that somewhere before . . .
                    i don't even bet on football, the only gambling i do is play the lottery when it gets over 100 million. i live 40 miles from atlantic city and haven't gambled down there in 6 years. there aren't to many successful gamblers in the world last time i looked.
                    Smokey my friend, you mark that frame an 8 you're entering a world of pain. A world of pain.- Walter Sobchak PBA '98 Wichita Open

                    Comment


                    • Go to the Pro in the know!

                      Originally posted by 3-Hole Hitter
                      i don't even bet on football, the only gambling i do is play the lottery when it gets over 100 million. i live 40 miles from atlantic city and haven't gambled down there in 6 years. there aren't to many successful gamblers in the world last time i looked.
                      What's the odds on being successful at gambling?


                      I know, I'll e-mail Pete! . . .
                      Ken Fougère

                      Comment


                      • Re: If it ends at 15 . . . so be it!

                        Originally posted by KenFougere

                        For the Panthers to end the Patriots winning streak at 15 games, they would have to play + beat the Pats on the first game of next season! You see, the winning streak will reach 15 when they win the Super Bowl on February 1st.
                        It shows that Panthers stopped McNabb, so that means they can stop Brady!
                        "There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                        • Re: Re: If it ends at 15 . . . so be it!

                          Originally posted by Kiwideus
                          It shows that Panthers stopped McNabb, so that means they can stop Brady!
                          Well, we stopped both Co-MVP's in successive weeks . . . which means nothing concerning the outcome of the Super Bowl game.

                          BTW, the Eagles really played horribly and McNabb wasn't close to playing at 100% . . . :o
                          Attached Files
                          Ken Fougère

                          Comment


                          • Re: Re: Re: If it ends at 15 . . . so be it!

                            Originally posted by KenFougere
                            Well, we stopped both Co-MVP's in successive weeks . . . which means nothing concerning the outcome of the Super Bowl game.

                            BTW, the Eagles really played horribly and McNabb wasn't close to playing at 100% . . . :o
                            Well Down Houston Way they'll be in a DOME.
                            Do you know what a Dome IS?
                            International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

                            "The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
                            Dizzy Dean.


                            9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

                            19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

                            Comment


                            • Re: Re: Re: Re: If it ends at 15 . . . so be it!

                              Originally posted by drillerman
                              Well Down Houston Way they'll be in a DOME.
                              Do you know what a Dome IS?
                              Yes, as a matter of fact!
                              The New England Patriots won their last Super Bowl in a dome in New Orleans 2 years ago! Adam Veniteri really enjoys kicking Super Bowl winning field goals in domes too BTW. . .
                              Ken Fougère

                              Comment


                              • My prediction: Patriots 34 Panthers 13

                                MVP: Ty Law. 2 more picks, both for touchdowns.

                                2 Super Bowl wins in 3 years........I'm starting to see a trend.
                                Ken :gt

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X