Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kdub Red Sox Fan 4Life
    My prediction: Patriots 34 Panthers 13

    MVP: Ty Law. 2 more picks, both for touchdowns.

    2 Super Bowl wins in 3 years........I'm starting to see a trend.
    In your dreams!
    "There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Kdub Red Sox Fan 4Life
      My prediction: Patriots 34 Panthers 13

      MVP: Ty Law. 2 more picks, both for touchdowns.

      2 Super Bowl wins in 3 years........I'm starting to see a trend.
      Although I do think the Pats will win, I don't see us scoring 34pts against the Panthers defense . . .
      Ken Fougère

      Comment


      • With my head: Pats 26 Panthers 19

        With my heart: Panthers 17 Pats 16
        Vinatieri misses a 35-yarder wide left with no time left on the clock, and for the second time in two chances New England is let down by the player they trust most.
        Last edited by BC498; 01-21-2004, 06:56 PM.

        Comment


        • Well, now that they've made it all the way there... I feel compelled to pull for the American Football League team.

          GO PATRIOTS!

          Now back to baseball...
          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

          1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

          1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


          1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

          Comment


          • Morphed?

            Originally posted by YankeeMan
            Well, now that they've made it all the way there... I feel compelled to pull for the American Football League team.

            GO PATRIOTS!

            Now back to baseball...
            H U H ? ... :noidea

            Who is this? How did you get YM's password? What have you done with him? ...

            Psst! Any chance of maybe keeping him 'tied up' thru September? "[ Just wondering ] . . .
            Ken Fougère

            Comment


            • Re: Morphed?

              Originally posted by KenFougere "Psst! Any chance of maybe keeping him 'tied up' thru September? "[ Just wondering ] . . .
              And that's why the BoSox lose.
              Ken -- baseball season ends in October!
              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

              1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

              1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


              1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

              Comment


              • I SWEAR you're the same person.. can we get and IP check for Mr. Durden over here?
                "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
                -Scott Stossel

                Comment


                • Re: Re: Morphed?

                  Originally posted by YankeeMan
                  And that's why the BoSox lose.
                  Ken -- baseball season ends in October!
                  I'm really sorry to say... Not for the Yankees in '04. It'll be too difficult to replace 60 wins lost from last seasons starters...

                  {But look on the bright side, you can book your golf trip early for the end of September to get the best rates...}
                  Ken Fougère

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by KenFougere
                    Does anyone in New York follow the Bills???
                    Despite being the only current team playing in NYS, they should keep the "Buffalo" in their name. The Jets and Giants can't change their name from "NY", and they're much closer to Manhattan, convenient to driving.

                    Who in Manhattan treks all the way upstate just to go to a Bills game? Almost like somebody from Toms River, NJ being an Islanders fan (very long travel time).
                    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                    Comment


                    • Re: Re: Re: Morphed?

                      Originally posted by KenFougere
                      I'm really sorry to say... Not for the Yankees in '04. It'll be too difficult to replace 60 wins lost from last seasons starters...

                      {But look on the bright side, you can book your golf trip early for the end of September to get the best rates...}
                      YM, Ken has just become a Yankee fan, telling us we should book tickets early.

                      Hold up, now you're supporting the Pats? Lemme check the temperature in Hades, as the global warming must be going at lightspeed!

                      BIGGERIN! What have you done to these two? That Frankenstein operation must've gone through. Gee, now when does Ken get his brain or anything?
                      :gt
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                      Comment


                      • G-o-o-o M E T S !
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by KenFougere; 01-22-2004, 10:28 AM.
                        Ken Fougère

                        Comment


                        • Mattingly, I think YankeeFougere's multiple personalities just forgot which passwords to use when, but it might be more serious.

                          Nah, must just be from baseball withdrawals... they need to add a couple hundred more games to the season...
                          "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
                          -Scott Stossel

                          Comment


                          • Being a Yankee fan it would have to be the Red Sox, although not much of a rivalry since we keep beating them I guess

                            Now, most Yankee fans would be inclined to put the Mets up there, but they haven't been good enough to be considered a rival (much less take the Yanks of the backpage of the Post).
                            Baseball Fever's 2000 member..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Biggerin
                              Mattingly, I think YankeeFougere's multiple personalities just forgot which passwords to use when, but it might be more serious.

                              Nah, must just be from baseball withdrawals... they need to add a couple hundred more games to the season...
                              Say what you please, I think you've purposely misplaced the nametags, and pointed each to the other's home and PC. They've gotten discombobulated and all! :eek

                              Now then, if any Yankee fan dares to wear the "B" cap, patched red socks or anything relating to the sworn enemy up north, I'll have them personally disowned by the Hierarchy of Yankee Brethren!
                              :gt

                              Now then, if YM says "THIS IS OUR YEAR" and Ken says "1-9-1-8", I think I'll stop drinking all that cheap liquor, then head for the hills!
                              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bballfan
                                Being a Yankee fan it would have to be the Red Sox, although not much of a rivalry since we keep beating them I guess

                                Now, most Yankee fans would be inclined to put the Mets up there, but they haven't been good enough to be considered a rival (much less take the Yanks of the backpage of the Post).
                                All depends on if Schilling still has those 3 good years left, and if Foulke can do his work. I'm still saying their offense can't all repeat a career year.

                                Even still, the Gates of Heaven will open once again to save us in October, as always.
                                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X