This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ElHalo
    You know what? A friend of mine, who's not a baseball fan at all, moved out from Los Angeles to New York about three years ago. He learned up on the history of the Yankees/Red Sox, and refused to see it as a rivalry either. No matter how much me and a Red Sox fan friend of mine tried to pursuade him, he just refused to believe that two teams that are so mismatched in results could be rivals.

Then the three of us went to game 2 of the ALCS at Yankee Stadium last year. And he finally got it. Rivalries are made up by the fans. And there's no two teams' fans in any sport in the US that have as fierce a rivalry as the Yanks and the Sox.

I lived in Detroit for a while, and bore witness to the Michigan/Ohio State rivarly that they have going on there. And I'll tell you this: It's not a patch on Yankees/Red Sox.
    How bout Cubs vs White Sox fans i know yankees and red sox fans are close but Cubs and White Sox fans share the same family marriage and live right by each other. Nothing divides the fans of these teams unlike the Yankees and Red Sox who play in different cities.
    www.clearbuck.com

Comment

• Re: Huh?

Originally posted by KenFougere
      Then why were the Patriots holding the Lombardi Trophy so high during the parade in Boston Tuesday?
      Forgive me for not being specific, I was too wrapped up in planning for Mike Richter night.

In the all important 4th quarter of the Super Bowl (which is almost like Game 7 of the World Series), the Panthers outscored the Pats 19-18. Just a friendly reminder from our favorite hotdog lover.

Pitchers and Catchers are only weeks away!

Comment

• Re: Re: Huh?

Originally posted by BC498
        In the all important 4th quarter of the Super Bowl (which is almost like Game 7 of the World Series), the Panthers outscored the Pats 19-18. Just a friendly reminder from our favorite hotdog lover.
        Even in victory, Beantown still loses.

For the dogs, since he left town, they don't sell many of those in Fenway in October.

Oh well, hope Ken knows how many people there said "Yankees Suck!"
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxRule21
          How bout Cubs vs White Sox fans i know yankees and red sox fans are close but Cubs and White Sox fans share the same family marriage and live right by each other. Nothing divides the fans of these teams unlike the Yankees and Red Sox who play in different cities.
          Until 1957, I'd say the 3-way rivalry between Brooklyn, Giants and Yanks was unusually rabid, since that was 3 teams, and each of which had a bitter rivalry. Of course, they were only united (to my knowledge) against the Yanks. I'm not sure if Dodgers and Giants fans rooted when the other played the Yanks in the WS though.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Re: Re: Huh?

Originally posted by Mattingly
            Ken, check out the 4Q score for yourself: http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/[email protected]

I was right, that score never stood at any time in the game . . .
            19-18 were the points scored by each team in the 4th Quarter...

BTW: Those numbers ended up lucky for us . . .
            Last edited by KenFougere; 06-03-2006, 12:50 AM.
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Tick, tick, tick . . .

These next seven weeks are going to crawl by . . .
              Last edited by KenFougere; 06-03-2006, 12:49 AM.
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Tick, tick, tick . . .

These next seven weeks are going to crawl by . . .
                Nah, Spring is just around the corner. Besides, I think it's going to really be worth the wait.
                Ken :gt

Comment

• Re: Re: Tick, tick, tick . . .

Originally posted by Kdub Red Sox Fan 4Life
                  Nah, Spring is just around the corner. Besides, I think it's going to really be worth the wait.
                  April 16th in Fenway. The Countdown begins. Of couse the real season wouldn't begin for another six months.
                  Last edited by BC498; 02-09-2004, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• what is this Ken did they miss the ball again.
                    International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
                    Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

Comment

• Originally posted by drillerman

what is this Ken did they miss the ball again.
                      No, that's all the Red Sox opponents are going to see this season when they play us . . . A blur!
                      They'll never know what hit them . . .
                      :noidea - h
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                        No, that's all the Red Sox opponents are going to see this season when they play us . . . A blur!
                        They'll never know what hit them . . .
                        :noidea - h
                        So far, they don't even know what Boone hit ... or what Buckey hit ... or what Mookie hit (that Buckner couldn't catch)!
                        :gt

Hiya, Ken!

Comment

• Where will it end????

So far, they don't even know what Boone hit ... or what Buckey hit ... or what Mookie hit (that Buckner couldn't catch)!
                          :gt

Hiya, Ken!

Now your wearing the Brooklyn Dodgers avatar????

Is there a member left that you haven't lost an avatar wager to???

{You probably bet on Carolina, didn't you? Now I'm starting to feel bad for you!}
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Where will it end????

Now your wearing the Brooklyn Dodgers avatar????

Is there a member left that you haven't lost an avatar wager to???

{You probably bet on Carolina, didn't you? Now I'm starting to feel bad for you!}
                            I'm not sure you're aware of this, but I could never dream (nightmare?) of smack talking the Brooklyn Dodgers. I'd posted a thread in their forum about Sharon Robinson's book, and a few folks enjoyed it, so Dodger Deb asked me if I'd change my av. I complied.

Since there's no baseball (or football) going on, and since the Dodgers unfortunately left after 1957, there's not much of a "wager" which could've been lost.

In just under 2 weeks, I'll be properly suited up in my Babe av. Now watch out, you, or you'll get *ANOTHER* 100 years!

Comment

• Re: Re: Where will it end????

I'm not sure you're aware of this, but I could never dream (nightmare?) of smack talking the Brooklyn Dodgers. I'd posted a thread in their forum about Sharon Robinson's book, and a few folks enjoyed it, so Dodger Deb asked me if I'd change my av. I complied.

Since there's no baseball (or football) going on, and since the Dodgers unfortunately left after 1957, there's not much of a "wager" which could've been lost.
                              Sorry about jumping to conclusions...
                              It's just that, knowing your track record, I just assumed you lost another one!

{Silly-me...}
                              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Don't worry, Ken, I'll sympathize with ya. After Babe, Bucky, Buckner and Boone hit you folks hard, you've never figured out what happened, so I understand your confusion.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X