Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC, I believe in Curses. Before Beantown wins it all, Linus will finally see the Great Pumpkin. Of course, that was never written into the script, and neither was Beantown's big parade, the one for the ages.

How do you know if the BoSox won or lost?

(hint): where's ken?

Hiya, Ken!
    Last edited by Mattingly; 03-25-2004, 08:00 PM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Back in october when it was down to 4 teams in the playoffs (Yanks, BoSox, Cubs, and Marlins), I knew that the victor of the WS would either be the Marlins or Yankees. Since the curses of the Billy Goat and Bambino began in their respective years, the Cubs and the Red Sox can not ever play eachother for the world championship. Ever. It cannot happen. It's just like freezing something to absolute zero, the traveling at the speed of light, or cold fusion. You can talk about them, you can talk about what it would be like if they did happen, but they can never physically take place. Steve Bartman and Aaron Boone were put into their place at their time by fate, and we should all be thankful of that because we are alive today because of it. If the Chicago Cubs and the Boston Red Sox had taken the field at Fenway Park for Game 1 of the 2003 World Series, as the first pitch as being thrown out a black hole would have formed in the middle of the field and sucked in all matter around it, including all living creatures that inhabit the Earth, and it would almost immediatly inhale our entire solar system as well as the rest of our galexy, being the end of time as we know it. Why would this happen? Because if those two teams played eachother in a 7 game series, only 1 of them would lose. There;s no way they could both be losers. Someone would have to win 4 out of the 7 games, and neither the Cubs nor Red Sox will ever do that. Time and existance would stop before the game could even begin.

I was actually believing that the Sox could make the World Series last year (and lose it obviously), because they seem to do that periodically (i.e. 1975, 1986). I figured it was time for them, to make it again. Heck, they could make it this year. But they won't win. The NL team will win. I don't know who that team is, but whoever it is will win the world series if they're going against the Red Sox. Unless it's the Cubs.
      sigpic
      Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

• On the subject of the Yankees and Red Sox, here's a quote from today's ESPN spring column:

"Best pitcher one scout says he has seen all spring: Yankees enigma Jose Contreras (22 strikeouts, only five hits allowed in his last 12 2/3 innings).

"He's thrown hard, he's thrown strikes, his slider's been good, and his split has been unhittable," the scout said. "I've seen more swings and misses against this guy than anybody I've seen all spring. One start, he struck out the side in the first inning, and there was only one ball touched. And it was a foul ball. So he could have been out there like (softball legend) Eddie Feigner with no fielders.""

Hm... so the best pitcher this scout has seen all spring is... the Yankees' fourth starter. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Pedro is the best pitcher in the world (for 100 pitches...), and Curt Schilling's a monster (his sub .500 record and DL stints from last year notwithstanding...), but the Yankees pitching staff, top to bottom, is the better one.
        "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BC498
          I heard a joke today that I thought I would share with you guys.

What do the following have in common?
          a) World Peace
          b) Finishing the Big Dig
          c) Red Sox winning the series

I won't see any of them in my lifetime.
          Gee, sorry to hear that you won't be with us through this fall . . . - -
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
            Gee, sorry to hear that you won't be with us through this fall . . . - -
            Oh, we'll all be here, Ken. Too bad you won't be; you'll be picking up Pedro's arm off the floor after it's finally fallen off (and won't get back up again, either).

Too bad that guy trying to make the #5 spot in Minnesota's rotation roughed him up the other day. I guess the toothless Pedro-lion hath struck again.
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Admit it! You'll feel better!

Originally posted by Mattingly
              Hey, Ken, just got in from that great winter you guys had. How's Pedro, Timlin and Foulke? The AL Central isn't too tough, now is it?
              Big deal. That's why it's called "Spring-Training"

Un-like seasons past, the Red Sox have the better staff . . .

* { and you know it too. } - -
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Admit it! You'll feel better!

Originally posted by KenFougere

Pedro got smacked around by a pitcher *TRYING* for the #5 spot of an AL Central contender. On the very same day, Kevin Brown, who's had his own shares of injuries, defeats the Phillies 9-zippo.

Say Sayonarra, Baby, it's 2001 all over again!

Don't let your neck crane too much when Homer Bush goes yard, does you guys in (as expected). Likely in September, then it's all downhill from there.

Comment

• Re: Admit it! You'll feel better!

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Pedro > Mussina
                  Schilling > Brown

Vazquez > Lowe
                  Contreras > Wakefield

Kim > Uh... Donovan Osbourne?

Rivera/Gordon/Quantrill > Foulke, Timlin, Embree

At this point, I'm calling the pitching staffs a wash. We'll see how things progress over the course of the season.
                  "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• For me, it's easy. I hate- no that's not strong enough- I LOATHE the Yankees. My favorite website is www.yanks-suck.com. They give you pages of reasons to hate them and their retarded fans.

Comment

• Come - on !

Originally posted by tdk1984
                      For me, it's easy. I hate- no that's not strong enough- I LOATHE the Yankees. My favorite website is www.yanks-suck.com. They give you pages of reasons to hate them and their retarded fans.

Don't sugar-coat it!
                      How do you really feel about the Yankees???
                      -
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• tdk1984, welcome aboard. However, I'm not too crazy about any anti-[team goes here] sites. There are anti-Boston sites also, but I've never posted those.

Yes, it's the rivalry thread, but we still talk baseball.

Thanks in advance and appreciated.

Comment

• Ya . . . right!

Originally posted by Mattingly
                          tdk1984, welcome aboard. However, I'm not too crazy about any anti-[team goes here] sites. There are anti-Boston sites also, but I've never posted those.

Yes, it's the rivalry thread, but we still talk baseball.

Thanks in advance and appreciated.

P-L-E-A-S-E . :noidea

Anti-Boston Red Sox web-sites? -

B l a s p h e m y! I say! - :grouchy
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Ya . . . right!

P-L-E-A-S-E . :noidea

Anti-Boston Red Sox web-sites? -

B l a s p h e m y! I say! - :grouchy
                            I could dig one up and PM you, if you'd like, but for newbies, I like peace and quiet, plus lots of baseball talk. Look at how well RedSox Rules posts, as an example.

Look at the great posters on the Brooklyn Dodger thread. That's what I like. Gotta run.

Comment

• Now the whole baseball world sees this as special . . .

What's the next step up from 'Bitter'?

Red Sox - Yankees . . .
                              . . . getting more bitter by the season.
                              -
                              Last edited by KenFougere; 03-29-2004, 09:51 PM.
                              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Now the whole baseball world sees this as special . . .

What's the next step up from 'Bitter'?

Red Sox - Yankees . . .
                                . . . getting more bitter by the season.
                                -
                                To me, "bitter" only indicates that someone has taken it personally and has gotten out of hand. So long as there's no beanbrawl, we should be OK.

I'm more interested in seeing what you guys do, and what we do. All the personal stuff is for the tabloids and the easily excited, IMO. I just wanna see good ballgames.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X