• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KenFougere
    Sr Member BB-Almanac 1998
    • Jan 2000

Re: Re: Ha . . . ha.

Originally posted by Mattingly
    Don't be silly. Our guys don't toss 72-y.o. Popeyes to the ground. Now if it were Clemens who'd done that ...

Long story, but I had to post it.
    Yes, but we aren't the ones who allowed a 72-y.o. Popeye to charge an opposing teams player during a bench clearing brawl either . . .

{Clemens would have beaned him before he cleared the dugout steps!} -

Comment

• Mattingly
      Yankee fan & proud of it!
      • Feb 2003

Re: Re: Re: Ha . . . ha.

Originally posted by KenFougere
      Yes, but we aren't the ones who allowed a 72-y.o. Popeye to charge an opposing teams player during a bench clearing brawl either . . .

{Clemens would have beaned him before he cleared the dugout steps!} -
      He did that one himself, and he admitted so at a press conference. Hey, at least *SOMEONE'S* get the capability to say I was wrong. Hmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder if Pedro would ever do this. Nahhhhhhhhh!
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Mattingly
        • Feb 2003

Re: Re: Re: I was at the Zim-Pedro game

Originally posted by CuriousBoston
        Yes, Ortiz had Manny in a bear hug, I remember thinking it was a good thing Ortiz moved fast, I didn't see him get to Manny. I'm still not sure who took the bat away from Manny; I had a fleeting thought that Clemens could protect himself by throwing at Manny, but Posada was there. Hmmm.. stun tazers with the umps at Sox - Y games?

Seriously, with the tensions this year? "UMP TAZERS RAMERIZ" "BOSTON FANS ????". "POSADA TAZERED, YANK FANS ????".
        Roger pitched inside, Manny got teed off, and Roger took a few steps forward, practically daring Manny to come at him. To me, Roger didn't look like he'd have need a ball to get into that one.

Ortiz did one of those "You ain't goin' nowhere, little brother" things and kept Manny quiet.

What do you mean by stun tazers? Star Trek? Battlestar Gallactica?
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• KenFougere
          • Jan 2000

... and Beantown losing again to the usual suspects.
          No, don't think so . . .
          - See, we learned the golden rule from you guys. It takes pitching to win consistantly. This year we finally got it and you, well . . . not so much!
          - - -

Comment

• Mattingly
            • Feb 2003

No, don't think so . . .
            - See, we learned the golden rule from you guys. It takes pitching to win consistantly. This year we finally got it and you, well . . . not so much!
            - - -
            So how's Pedro doing? Moose will be fine. At least nobody worries about when his arm will fall off every year.

Comment

• KenFougere
              • Jan 2000

Moose will be fine.

Fine you say.

He's given up 19 hits & 11 runs in 9 innings and stands at 0-2.

- Heres to hoping he remains "fine" all season!

Comment

• CuriousBoston
                • Mar 2004

: Re: I was at the Zim-Pedro game

What do you mean by stun tazers? Star Trek? Battlestar Gallactica?

or
                Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Mattingly
                  • Feb 2003

Fine you say.

He's given up 19 hits & 11 runs in 9 innings and stands at 0-2.

- Heres to hoping he remains "fine" all season!
                  *Puts the calendar in front of Ken's face, who looks away!*

Don't let the fact that this is only early April cloud your view, dude!

Oh yeah, when will Pedro's arm fall off? June or July?
                  Last edited by Mattingly; 04-08-2004, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Mattingly
                    • Feb 2003

Re: : Re: I was at the Zim-Pedro game

http://gift2all.zoovy.com/category/taser/

or
                    Let's say I could live w/o the shock of those tazer things. They seem even worse than stun guns.

Comment

• drillerman
                      Yeah its the Driller.
                      • Jun 2003

gotta keep this alive.
                      must not let it die.
                      International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
                      Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

Comment

• CuriousBoston
                        • Mar 2004

It's a good thing

1. That Boston & NY have good hospitals.

2. That Boston has a position player that can pitch.

?. Does NY have a pitcher that can play center field?

?. Should we start a "Which team has the most total days on the DL thread"?

?. While we get the calculators & are adding up the total days, will the Orioles, or the Devil Rays take over first?

Comment

• KenFougere
                          • Jan 2000

With the Red Sox rained out for the second straight day,
                          - I tuned into NESN to see that wonderful (day-time) fireworks display last July 4th at Yankee Stadium.
                          - I believe the hometown team gave up SEVEN basts for the first time ever . . .

Comment

• CuriousBoston
                            • Mar 2004

Yankee Center Field....

There's a huge Maine Coon cat prowling the neighborhood. Ya want me to ship him to the Bronx to help out with center field?

Unless you have gotten a giraffe from the zoo, but I figured something that could attempt to keep the rat population down would be good. (Very carefully not stating how many legs the rats have....)

Comment

• Mattingly
                              • Feb 2003

Re: Yankee Center Field....

There's a huge Maine Coon cat prowling the neighborhood. Ya want me to ship him to the Bronx to help out with center field?

Unless you have gotten a giraffe from the zoo, but I figured something that could attempt to keep the rat population down would be good. (Very carefully not stating how many legs the rats have....)
                              I'm curious, between Bernie, Matsui and Lofton, and then rook Bubba Crosby, why would we need help in CF? Unlike last season, our OF problems seem very well taken care of. Only in RF do we have a problem if Sheffield is out any extended time. Ruben Sierra and Travis Lee *MIGHT* play there, but I wouldn't count on that.

Comment

• Mattingly
                                • Feb 2003

With the Red Sox rained out for the second straight day,
                                - I tuned into NESN to see that wonderful (day-time) fireworks display last July 4th at Yankee Stadium.
                                - I believe the hometown team gave up SEVEN basts for the first time ever . . .
                                Yeah, how'd that year end?

Remember that game where Jeff Weaver kept coughing up meatballs? About two each to Manny and Nomah. Remember how that game ended? The entire team was in the infield, hoping to throw Bernie out at 1B. Instead, Jorge "Walkathon" Posada got the bases-juiced ribeye on the walkoff walk.

Yeah, keep watching your 4th of July fantasies, Ken. Oh, and just remember to keep thinking:

One day we'll beat the Yankees. Yes, one day we surely will!

Yeah, I'll agree on that. One day. However, 2018 isn't yet amongst us, so be patient, Grasshopper!
                                :gt

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X