X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H u h ?

Originally posted by Mattingly
    Remember that game where Jeff Weaver kept coughing up meatballs? About two each to Manny and Nomah. Remember how that game ended? The entire team was in the infield, hoping to throw Bernie out at 1B. Instead, Jorge "Walkathon" Posada got the bases-juiced ribeye on the walkoff walk.
    - I can't seem to . . .

. . . No. I'm coming up with nothin'...
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: H u h ?

Originally posted by KenFougere
      - I can't seem to . . .

. . . No. I'm coming up with nothin'...
      that's becuz it's way past your bedtime. nighty-night, ken!

BTW, I'd meant Bernie at 3B, since Trot did a "Buckner" in letting an easy play get past him. Oh well, nice to know that "Bernie" is spelled with a "B".
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• F i n a l l y . . .

Here we go! (again)

Friday starts the 2004 edition of T H E . . .

• R I V A L R Y ! -

The four-game set will feature Mike Mussina against Curt Schilling on Friday, Jose Contreras against Bronson Arroyo on Saturday, Kevin Brown against Derek Lowe on Sunday and Javier Vazquez against Tim Wakefield on Patriots Day on Monday (11AM).
        Last edited by KenFougere; 04-15-2004, 08:39 PM.
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Hey, Ken, I heard that Pedro had his guys bat in 7 runs. They win?

Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Re: F i n a l l y . . .

Originally posted by KenFougere

Here we go! (again)

Friday starts the 2004 edition of T H E . . .

• R I V A L R Y ! -

The four-game set will feature Mike Mussina against Curt Schilling on Friday, Jose Contreras against Bronson Arroyo on Saturday, Kevin Brown against Derek Lowe on Sunday and Javier Vazquez against Tim Wakefield on Patriots Day on Monday (11AM).
            Next time, go 20 innings before you guys get to us. I'll make sure there's lots o' chowda fer ya to cry in!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
              Hey, Ken, I heard that Pedro had his guys bat in 7 runs.
              That's why we held him out of the next series. -
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                That's why we held him out of the next series. -
                He's got Red Sox, but he turned White Tail and headed fer the hills, huh? Awwwwwwwww, widdle baby, get better soon. Does he need a bottle?

Hey, Ken!

^^ Ken's favorite Yankee moment (hit to LF, of course) ^^

You want 'im, we got 'im! (Hooo-yaaaaaaa!)

This is Ken's Bitter Rival, Matt!

This is my good buddy, Mookie!
                Last edited by Mattingly; 04-16-2004, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Right in Ken's front yard, too ...

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/18945.htm
                  AIR RAID FOR BOMBERS

By DAN KADISON and ADAM MILLER

April 16, 2004 -- The "Evil Empire" that is the Yankees is invading Boston for a fierce four-game series with the hated Red Sox beginning tonight - and The Post is joining the battle with its own assault.

During the afternoon rush hour yesterday, The Post flew a massive banner over downtown Boston and Fenway Park - the home of the Sox - in support of our beloved Bombers.

"NY POST - Empire Strikes Back - Go Yanks," the sign screamed in five-foot-high letters, to the disgust of Red Sox Nation across the city.

Kobi Berkson, 23, a college student, was horrified by the sign.

"It's messed up," he said outside Fenway Park before the Sox battled the Baltimore Orioles.

"You come to Boston and say that? This is like smashing the 'Evil Empire' in our faces."

[snip]

Comment

• Re: Right in Ken's front yard, too ...

Originally posted by Mattingly
                    http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/18945.htm
                    AIR RAID FORKobi Berkson, 23, a college student, was horrified by the sign.

"It's messed up," he said outside Fenway Park before the Sox battled the Baltimore Orioles.

"You come to Boston and say that? This is like smashing the 'Evil Empire' in our faces."

[snip]
                    DUH kid!

They wouldn't be 'Evil' if they didn't now would they?

I never heard of the "Not really evil, but not really nice" empire

Oh and I hope you Red Sox fans do one thing for me...no, not beat the Yankees...it's April...

I heard this [deleted] had a T-Shirt with Jeter performing a sexual act on Alex...and it SOLD OUT!

Please for me...beat them and rip off a terrible shirt like that....so inappropriate, and just utterly disgusting
                    Last edited by Mattingly; 04-16-2004, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Season 2004 . . . Take-One!

Excerpts from The Boston Globe (D.S.) *

The rivalry has never been hotter. One gets the feeling that somehow this summer's national political conventions -- which will be hosted in Boston (Democrats) then New York (Republicans) -- could evolve into a referendum on the respective baseball teams.
                      The Red Sox have finished a major league record, second to the Yankees in last six seasons...
                      Both Ken & Matt know that record will end this season. - (although Matt won't publicly admit it)--->
                      Given what happened in October, and the simmering hot stove that burned through our bone-cold winter, it can be argued that this four-game weekend bakeoff might be the most hyped April series in baseball history. Nothing is insignificant when the Red Sox and Yankees meet in 2004. Take Curt Schilling, for example. When the veteran ace righthander agreed to a contract with the Red Sox in November, he announced, "I guess I hate the Yankees now." He arrived in Florida in mid-February with tonight's date already circled on his calendar. He said, "If Red Sox fans weren't passionate and [ticked] off and angry and bitter and hated the Yankees, they wouldn't be who they are."
                      Alas, Schilling won't pitch against the Yankees until tomorrow afternoon. Tim Wakefield gets the ball tonight. Javier Vazquez will start for the Yankees.
                      In an unusual twist, Fox Sports, the national network of Major League Baseball, will broadcast tonight's game, more than a month ahead of its standard schedule. It will be Fox's first prime-time, regular-season telecast since September 1998, when Cardinal Mark McGwire was chasing Roger Maris's record of 61 home runs in a season. When Fox announced its decision to televise tonight's game, baseball commissioner Bud Selig characterized the event as "an extension of the postseason brought into April."
                      Fenway's 8 o'clock faceoff features Alex Rodriguez's first Boston appearance in a NY uniform. Rodriguez was effectively traded to Boston during the offseason, but the Major League Players Association objected to what it considered a devaluation of A-Rod's quarter-billion-dollar contract, and the Sox and Texas Rangers were unable to complete the deal.
                      When Yankees owner George Steinbrenner swooped in and made the trade for A-Rod in Feb.,the Sox were mortified and stupefied.
                      ESPN's Chris Berman said, "I still have newspapers from Boston and New York in the first days after the A-Rod deal. In Boston it was, `The St. Valentine´s Day Massacre.´ In New York it was, `Field of Dreams.´ It was like reading World War II battle accounts from French and German newspapers -- two completely different takes on the same event."
                      Rodriguez made his major league debut at Fenway when he was 18 in 1994, and has enjoyed a receptive audience here through the years, but it'll be rough on him tonight. He's said he's hoping the booing won't be too vicious because his in-laws from Lowell will be in attendance.
                      The played a major league-record 26 games (19 regular season, seven playoff) in 2003 with New York winning 14. Though the Yankees have not won a World Series since 2000, and the Sox since 1918, their free-spending competition to stay atop the American League East has put them into a league of their own in terms of player payroll. Of the 30 teams in the big leagues, the Yankees and Red Sox rank 1-2 in player payrolls, far ahead of all competitors. The Yankees will pay players $183 million this season, compared with Boston's much smaller payroll of only $125 million. Only two of the other 28 teams are over $100 million.

* Visual aids provided by Ken for your enjoyment.
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Hey, Ken, you realize that nice guys finish last? When you succumb to the evilness that is the New York Yankees, the very same one that owns your heart, stole your soul, ate your food and spat it out because it wasn't even hungry, all I'll ask is this?

Watcha gonna do when the New York Yankees run roughshod all over you?

When you submit and waive the white flag, you can alway say that the Evil One made you do it! How fitting!
                        :gt

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                          Hey, Ken, you realize that nice guys finish last? :gt

In the past, the nice guys had the inferior pitching.

This year, it's clearly not the case . . .
                          -
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

-
                            Hey, well how's Pedro? Oh yeah, he doesn't face Darth Vader when his stuff isn't up to snuff.

(don't worry, ken, we'll never figure this one out)

Comment

-
                              Pedro's the best pitcher on either team.

But are the Red Sox, top to bottom, the better pitching team?

Absolutely not.
                              "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ElHalo
                                Pedro's the best pitcher on either team.

But are the Red Sox, top to bottom, the better pitching team?

Absolutely not.
                                Only time will tell . . .
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X