This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly
    Ken's digging for straws by referring to this July 4th, 2003 game at Fenway, which we lost 10-3 (Lowe v Boomer).

We won 10-9 (in games) that season, so it doesn't matter.
    I remember the July 4th homerfest, but i was hoping Ken could refresh my memory on game three and game four of that series.

And more importanly than 10-9 was 4-3 in October... or should I say 6-5 in 11 innings?

Comment

• Originally posted by BC498
      I remember the July 4th homerfest, but i was hoping Ken could refresh my memory on game three and game four of that series.

And more importanly than 10-9 was 4-3 in October... or should I say 6-5 in 11 innings?
      If Boston wins tomorrow, which I doubt, I predict that they'll show up in droves. I wasn't working yesterday, so I enjoyed some rare time outside and away from both home and work. I stopped by a local place to see the game.

Ken needs to have better examples. One little game doesn't a season make.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• If anyone wishes to discuss the differences or similarities between the BoSox-Yankee rivalry to the Brooklyn Dodger-NY Giants' rivalry, please see this thread in the Brooklyn forum.

Thanks.
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Terry commits a "Little" error in Toronto half of the 8th . . .
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by BC498
            Guess I can't blame yesterday on that damned 'Scooter'?

Oh and Ken, can you remind me of what happened in the last two games of that July 4th series last year? I seem to remember leaving with some Pride after those games.
            Again, I can't seem to . . . - :noidea

I'm coming up blank on this one. -

(Problaby nothing of importance) -
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere

Terry commits a "Little" error in Toronto half of the 8th . . .
              But what a *GRAND* moment it was.

Comment

• Well, now that Mike Mussina's turned into David Cone circa 2000, we're in for an interesting season. Here's hoping Francona leaves Pedro in for 9 full innings on Sunday, even though he starts getting shelled in the seventh!
                "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ElHalo
                  Here's hoping Francona leaves Pedro in for 9 full innings on Sunday, even though he starts getting shelled in the seventh!

Hopefully Francona learned a lesson tonight.
                  (& learned it WELL too!) -
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

• - Thank God for Soriano. I noticed he's your only guy that's hitting with authority this year.

{Oh, that's right.
                    Didn't you guys trade him for . . . (Opps) Never mind.}
                    - h
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

- Thank God for Soriano. I noticed he's your only guy that's hitting with authority this year.

{Oh, that's right.
                      Didn't you guys trade him for . . . (Opps) Never mind.}
                      - h
                      Ah yes. Our only guy hitting with authority.

Oh, except, that is, for Jorge Posada. Who is currently leading the AL in HR and RBI, and is hitting .314 with a .410 OBP, .804 SLG, and 1.214 OPS. Hm. He's second in the league in TB's and XBH, and first in isolated power.

Oh, and he's a catcher.

See you this weekend

I'll be the guy in the right field seats with the big smile on my face when Pedro realizes his 88 mph fastball doesn't work against the Yanks.
                      "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• How'd I miss that?

Originally posted by ElHalo
                        Ah yes. Our only guy hitting with authority.

Oh, except, that is, for Jorge Posada. Who is currently leading the AL in HR and RBI, and is hitting .314 with a .410 OBP, .804 SLG, and 1.214 OPS. Hm. He's second in the league in TB's and XBH, and first in isolated power.

Oh, and he's a catcher.

See you this weekend

I stand corrected...With so few NY hitters hitting their weight, I'm surprised Jorge's numbers didn't stand out more!

But seriously, he's having an incredible start . . .
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Hey, when Jeter and ARod are both hitting under .210, I take pleasure in small favors.... and Jorge putting up a 1.200+ OPS is a bit more than a small favor.

And so for this weekend...

GOOD LUCK RED SOX! GOOD LUCK YANKEES! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

Hopefully Francona learned a lesson tonight.
                            (& learned it WELL too!) -
                            This isn't the first time that Terry has left a pitcher in too long. I've seen it a few other times (ie, Lowe's last outing). Hopefully, he doesn't come to his senses until Monday.

Anyway ...

Comment

• Doesn't anyone want to talk about the big Reds-Pirates series coming up this weekend? Paul Wilson v. Kip Wells, it's enough to make you forget about Boston-NY, eh? (just kidding, just want to keep the Bos-NY thing in perspective, they are just two out of the thirty teams you know, plus, the Reds are 9-6, the Pirates 7-7, the BoSox 9-6, Yanks 8-8, same difference right?!?)

(By the way, something deep inside tells me that only one of those two teams are going to the playoffs. There's been too much buildup to this season, it's really bad baseball karma, (just like the Phillies.))
                              "Dum vixi, bibi libenter. bibite vos, qui vivitis!" "While I lived, I drank freely, you who still live, drink!" Roman Epitaph B 243

Comment

• Originally posted by improbus
                                Doesn't anyone want to talk about the big Reds-Pirates series coming up this weekend? Paul Wilson v. Kip Wells, it's enough to make you forget about Boston-NY, eh? (just kidding, just want to keep the Bos-NY thing in perspective, they are just two out of the thirty teams you know, plus, the Reds are 9-6, the Pirates 7-7, the BoSox 9-6, Yanks 8-8, same difference right?!?)
                                improbus, I'd like a few good reasons to interest me in a Reds-Pirates series. I generally wouldn't watch them, but am open to nice ideas as to why this would be a worthy rivalry.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X