This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees worried? Nah

Pushing it already??? It's only April . . .

- Vazquez to pitch on three days' rest against Boston, Pedro...
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Yankees worried? Nah

Originally posted by KenFougere
      Pushing it already??? It's only April . . .

- Vazquez to pitch on three days' rest against Boston, Pedro...
      Pushing it? Certainly not. Just realizing that throwing Donovan Osbourne against Pedro is tantamount to surrendering before the game starts.

I've got tickets to that game, and I'm.... anticipating.
      "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Re: Re: Yankees worried? Nah

Originally posted by ElHalo
        Pushing it? Certainly not. Just realizing that throwing Donovan Osbourne against Pedro is tantamount to surrendering before the game starts.

I've got tickets to that game, and I'm.... anticipating.
        Might you have a extra ticket that you're not using??? -
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• I love the Bronx . . .

- Back ta Back -

(Not to mention Mueller's 3-run shot!)
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• little billy mueller just loves hitting in yankee stadium... he hit some dingers last year, too.

welp... 6-0 sox and lowe's in a ground ball groove Lookin' good so far (based on the enthusiasm from joe and jerry on the radio, it could be 9-0, but manny's blast was caught up in the wind. I didn't see it cause I don't have TV atm, but it sounded real good )
            "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
            -Scott Stossel

Comment

• Wow! That's a really great team for $185 million.

Great pitching and a team BA of ?? ... .210 ?

Hey Georgie, thanks for signing Contreras before the Sox could.

Saved a bundle, and every time he takes the mound against the Sox, he throws BP.

It looks like it's gonna be a fun year.
              Ken :gt

Comment

• Thank you, Uncle George!

Originally posted by Kdub Red Sox Fan 4Life
                Hey Georgie, thanks for signing Contreras before the Sox could.

Saved a bundle, and every time he takes the mound against the Sox, he throws BP.

It looks like it's gonna be a fun year.
                - Definitely one of the best signings we did not make . . .
                Ken Fougère

Comment

• Contreras is a lot better than this. Trust me. The Red Sox just seem to have his number.

The Yankee/Red Sox rivalry isn't much of a rivalry this year. Unless the Yankees start hitting, I'd think the Sox fans should be more worried about the O's this year...
                  "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ElHalo
                    Contreras is a lot better than this. Trust me. The Red Sox just seem to have his number.

The Yankee/Red Sox rivalry isn't much of a rivalry this year. Unless the Yankees start hitting, I'd think the Sox fans should be more worried about the O's this year...
                    - Come on, you know as well as I do the Yankees are going to hit a ton this season.

* Now, are you saying New York is going to finish 3rd behind the Red Sox & Orioles??? -
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                      - Come on, you know as well as I do the Yankees are going to hit a ton this season.

* Now, are you saying New York is going to finish 3rd behind the Red Sox & Orioles??? -
                      With the exception of Posada, ALL of the Yankees' hitters have looked awful this year... and none of them are getting any better. Jeter's 1 - his last 20. ARod's doing nothing. Giambi's been walking a lot, but nobody's been hitting anywhere. I'll believe the Yankees are going to turn around their hitting when I see it.

Hopefully things will turn around soon. But right now, the Yankees seem like a .500 team.

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ElHalo
                        With the exception of Posada, ALL of the Yankees' hitters have looked awful this year... and none of them are getting any better. Jeter's 1 - his last 20. ARod's doing nothing. Giambi's been walking a lot, but nobody's been hitting anywhere. I'll believe the Yankees are going to turn around their hitting when I see it.

Hopefully things will turn around soon. But right now, the Yankees seem like a .500 team.
                        I hope you're a real good psychic! -
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Thank you, Uncle George!

Originally posted by KenFougere
                          - Definitely one of the best signings we did not make . . .
                          yep, so far, that one and that other guy... the short stop there... Alex... something. I think he moved to third base though...
                          "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
                          -Scott Stossel

Comment

• Re: Re: Thank you, Uncle George!

Originally posted by Biggerin
                            yep, so far, that one and that other guy... the short stop there... Alex... something. I think he moved to third base though...
                            That one's gonna come back to bite you!
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• nah, I thought that right after the boston version of the trade went through (and right after I saw "cowboy up" for the first time), even assuming his normal level of productivity.

I figured from the beginning that the trade was purely about money and contracts. The way boston wanted it, the talent increase was marginal at best, and almost all of it was in defense. Offensively, it would have been a wash. With nomar being reluctant to re-sign for reasonable money, it was about getting something for him rather than giving him the chance to walk for free.

After seeing that there was no financially acceptable way for the sox to acquire him, I thought it best not to pull the trigger for nothing. Had I known the yankees were even interested, I might have thought differently (ie, a trade just to keep him from the bronx), but as it stood, I still think we're better off.

Of course, then I saw the cowboy up video for the first time and I just couldn't imagine the sox winning it all WITHOUT nomar. It didn't seem right.

So I will forever stand by my statement that it was the best move the red sox didn't make last off-season.
                              -Scott Stossel

Comment

• Talk about an ugly game. It's all Biggerin's fault, too. Ken was co-pilot.
                                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X