This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dunno... I found the game downright enjoyable
    "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
    -Scott Stossel

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
      Talk about an ugly game. It's all Biggerin's fault, too. Ken was co-pilot.

I Loe New York!
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere

I Loe New York!
        Now that Jeter's days of being an over .200 hitter are behind him, I'd guess you would.
        "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• The Boston Red Sox look as if their offense has started right where they left off last year when they shattered many AL hitting records. And now their entire pitching staff (starters & bullpen) have improved to move them to the next level. They can only get stronger when Nomar & Trot come off the DL. They simply have no glaring holes anywhere...
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Oboy, oboy, oboy....

1. I am glad I am not Brian Cashman.
            2. I am glad I am not ARod.
            3. I made an error earlier; I thought someone should teach ARod what a "bat" is for. I think the team ought to trade places with the single A team.
            4. I'd be real curious to see NYY play Pawtucket.
            5. After Francona lets all the rookies play Saturday, I think that any Sox fan (including us females) be allowed to play.
            6. I'd really, really, really like a video of the
            NYY clubhouse after the game.
            Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
            Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Keep Steinbrenner away...

from that rookie pitcher....

Comment

• You guys are missing the best rivarly, Pokey Reese vs. A-Rod

So far, A-Rod has a slight BA advantage:

A-Rod .224
                Pokey .204

Or we could do:

Post A-Rod Rangers 9-8
                $180M A-Rod Yankees 8-9

BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

• Pokey: 8 runs, 4 rbi's on 49 AB's
                  Alex: 8 runs, 4rbi's on 67 AB's

in less AB's, pokey is resposible for the SAME number of runs A-rod is... talk about a slump!
                  "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
                  -Scott Stossel

Comment

• Attention all Beantowners, including those from New Hampshah!

Your days of glory shall soon come to an end, and you may report to Cheers Bar somewhere in Bahstahn. Now git and *STAY* git!

Besides, Seinfeld was better.
                    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• We'reeee baacckkk..

Cheers is for tourists, you do a horrible Boston accent, & that show was about a bunch of self centered, selfish people who ended up in jail. (That seemed right;didn't one of them work for Steinbrenner?)

Comment

• Re: We'reeee baacckkk..

Originally posted by CuriousBoston
                        Cheers is for tourists, you do a horrible Boston accent, & that show was about a bunch of self centered, selfish people who ended up in jail. (That seemed right;didn't one of them work for Steinbrenner?)
                        On the radio pre-game some Boston fan said that Cheers was better than Seinfeld. Both lasted about 10-11 years and were highly popular, are in reruns. Cheers was Boston-based and Seinfeld was good ol' New York.

It was Seinfeld's George Costanza in the mid '90s who'd been the Travelling Secretary to George Steinbrenner.

I'm not a Bawstonian, so I'm excused. How's your Brooklyn accent?

Anyway, hope you enjoy your April WS and that the "Yankees Suck" parade goes well. Don't forget to come to our house to pick up your rings. However, you'll have to play us for it (if you get there)!
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• never liked seinfeld, the show or the man. For once, it has nothing to do with the yanees :P

Anyway... in case you've lost count, the red sox lead the season series against the yankees 5-1
                          -Scott Stossel

Comment

• Can we do a poll about when (if ever) Jeter will get a hit?

I'm also loving the Tampa Bay NYY rivalry which began in Japan. Both teams are currently tied for 3rd place. Who will come out on top of this fierce competition and can they hold back the Blue Jays? Fascinating stuff.
                            BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

• This is getting just plain ugly.

Well, I'm going to Da Bronx tomorrow for the game, and I've never yet been at Yankee stadium for a Yankee loss... so here's hoping.
                              "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• That's FIVE of SIX!

Two down & One to go . . .
                                I really do Loe New York -
                                Last edited by KenFougere; 04-24-2004, 05:55 PM.
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X