This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster year for Manny?

I can only imagine what Manny's career year statistics would end up being . . .

Will this be Manny's career year?

Last edited by KenFougere; 05-29-2004, 07:58 PM.
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• It's way too early, Ken. You're day-dreaming again. Didn't Manny do this in '01, only to barely hit .300 that season? Gee, I wonder how that season turned out? (hee, hee, hee!)

You need one of these to figure out when to celebrate. The June Swoon hasn't even begun yet! Or has it?
      :gt

Make sure you check the filename of the below attachment.
      Last edited by Mattingly; 05-29-2004, 08:49 PM.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Ken! You're back!!!

Yes,you are right. One must remember the source & make allowances. It's not his fault he was born near the Y's, or raised by bad influences. Lines... his education. A pity, really, he shows sparks of being a potential human being.

I've met a new guy; seems to have potential. I told him I had tickets to a June game, & did he want to come? He said he wasn't sure. Otherwise, he seems good, but I dunno... Ken, I'd like your opinion.

Matt...I do NOT want your opinion.

Now I'm gonna get my Sunday paper, where once again the Sox will be leading,and highlight pictures will be Ortiz & Manny. Walk Manny, get to VARITEK!

Next signing: TEK.
        Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
        Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Waist not . . .

Originally posted by Mattingly
          Make sure you check the filename of the below attachment.
          I hope the Yankee organization didn't waist paper by including the month of October in their team calendar for any post-season games . . .
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Ken! You're back!!!

Originally posted by CuriousBoston
            Yes,you are right. One must remember the source & make allowances. It's not his fault he was born near the Y's, or raised by bad influences. Lines... his education. A pity, really, he shows sparks of being a potential human being.

I've met a new guy; seems to have potential. I told him I had tickets to a June game, & did he want to come? He said he wasn't sure. Otherwise, he seems good, but I dunno... Ken, I'd like your opinion.
            Matt...I do NOT want your opinion.
            He's 'not sure'?
            Don't waist tickets on a non-fan. Stay within the Red Sox Nation. For instance, maybe someone from the Boston area who's been posting on BBF since January 2000.
            Even the author of this thread would be a fine choice! -
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Well . . .

I guess it's our turn tonight . . .

Code:
              East
                         W  L   PCT  GB
              Boston     31 19 .620  ---
              New York   30 19 .612  1/2
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Well . . .

Originally posted by KenFougere
                I guess it's our turn tonight . . .

Code:
                East
                           W  L   PCT  GB
                Boston     31 19 .620  ---
                New York   30 19 .612  1/2
                Who actually brags at 1/2 game up? Just another game.

Yeah, it's early, so you guys may as well get your jollies in. At least now your schedule starts getting better. Now we'll see how good you are against winning teams.
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Seriously,Matt, you need some sun...

Lemme see... Jeter 2 SO, ARod 2 SO, Posada 2 SO, Lieber 1 SO... against a team playing .340, which is the lowest, nope, sorry, if you count both leagues, there's always Montreal.

Ken, check PM....
                  Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                  Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Re: Seriously,Matt, you need some sun...

Originally posted by CuriousBoston
                    Lemme see... Jeter 2 SO, ARod 2 SO, Posada 2 SO, Lieber 1 SO... against a team playing .340, which is the lowest, nope, sorry, if you count both leagues, there's always Montreal.

Ken, check PM....
                    We won 2 of 3, and a team's Win% doesn't really affect the SP much, does it? Lieber didn't have it on Sunday.

Victor Zambrano v Bahstunned

v THUUUUUUUUUUUUU Yankees
                    BTW, how's Lowe doin' this afternoon? :gt

Cap'n Hook, Terry ain't!

I suggest we have a 1-game playoff to make sure that the June Swoon arrives on time (as always)! The SS will hit one out to LF. Or should that be Jorge, since like Bucky, he also wears #20?
                    Last edited by Mattingly; 05-31-2004, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Re: Re: Matt, you need some sun & so much more...

We won 2 of 3, and a team's Win% doesn't really affect the SP much, does it? Lieber didn't have it on Sunday.

BTW, how's Lowe doin' this afternoon? :gt

A shot in the dark here . . .

Contreras took Weaver's place in the rotation. I'm right, huh?

What a steal: 4 years / $32 Million !
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Matt, you need some sun & so much more...

A shot in the dark here . . .

Contreras took Weaver's place in the rotation. I'm right, huh?

What a steal: 4 years / $32 Million !
                        What's that team which wanted him so much? Hey, did anyone ever repair that hotel window?

Hey, Ken, don't worry, we'll catch up to Bahstunned real soon, won't we? You are in 1st place, right?

On day you guy'll learn to be humble. Until then, it'll be 87 years next year's winter ... and counting.

The unlikely hero, Tanyon Sturtze got the standing O tonight after ~5 scoreless innings, even if he'd allowed a few hits.

Comment

• Re: Matt, you need some sun & so much more...

On day you guy'll learn to be humble. Until then, it'll be 87 years next year's winter ... and counting.
                          Did you really use the word 'humble'? -

That's like hearing King George say the word 'budget'! -
                          -
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Matt, you need some sun & so much more...

What's that team which wanted him so much?
                            Thank God we didn't want him nearly as much your guys did!!!

I believe the Yankees wanted him 32 million times more than the Red Sox . . .
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

Did you really use the word 'humble'? -

That's like hearing King George say the word 'budget'! -
                              -
                              When you're as good as the Yankees, it's ... oh, lemme not rub it in your faces now. It's only June. Geezum, what word rhymes w/June again? Boone? No, now this time. Last time it was ... Swoon! Yeah, that's it!

Comment

Thank God we didn't want him nearly as much your guys did!!!

I believe the Yankees wanted him 32 million times more than the Red Sox . . .
                                Well, thankfully, we have a manager who, while he may doze off a bit, doesn't leave a bleeding pitcher out there to blow in the wind like a leaf! 2/3 of an inning was enough. Bubba Gump, Terry Cloth, who's next w/the slow hook?

Man, you guys keep talking about pitching. Well, where is it, outside of Schilling and sometimes Wake, but Widdle Pedro's absent.

Contreras clearly needs to be calmed down or sent to the pen (preferably in a blowout game), since his wife's problems are bothering him (see the thread under NYY).

We can always put Tanyon Sturtze, who went 4.2 *SCORELESS* IP against an offensively-loaded vet team, so he can always take his place. Who's gonna take Lowe's and Arroyo's place?

You guys have to beat the winning teams, not just the losers. Proving once again that pitching on paper doesn't mean diddly unless you win, and your 1-5 has to be consistently good, not just one or two quality guys, followed by a few so-so performances.

I see Widdle Pedro's already gotten 4 ER in only 2 IP. Be lucky you got Curt. Someone had to be the ace.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X