X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside the Beantown locker room, Manny and Ortiz go over finer points:

Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Mattingly,

Before you get too carried away with avs and sigs, remember that we're throwing Lieber, Sturtze, and Contreras out on the mound... not exactly our best guys.

Matter of fact, in the playoffs, only one of those guys (probably COntreras) will be getting any starts... and he's gotten shelled by the Sox before.

I'm hopeful... but I'd be more hopeful if it was Vazquez, El Duque, and Moose.
      "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• So the matchups are Lieber-Schilling (Boston wins), Arroyo-Sturtze (Boston wins), Lowe-Contreras (I'm hopeful).

Then again, I thought Boston had the matchups in two of three for the last series... and we swept.

I'm just hoping for the triumphant return of the Derek Lowe Face.
        "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• What the hell . . .

Originally posted by Mattingly
          OK, Ken, I'm making you an offer you can't refuse:

Avs & Sigs for 1 week. Only the regular sigs we both use are allowed. Av is up to the winner. Sweep = 2 weeks.

- May as well . . . h -
          Attached Files

Comment

• EH, we'll win on Sat/Sun. Tonite (Fri), we'll very likely lose. Hopefully not by 8-2 or something crazy.

We should've had El Duque in this weekend. I'll still support my guys and take my chances.

Hiya, Ken! :gt
            Last edited by Mattingly; 07-23-2004, 06:56 AM.
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
              EH, we'll win on Sat/Sun. Tonite (Fri), we'll very likely lose. Hopefully not by 8-2 or something crazy.

We should've had El Duque in this weekend. I'll still support my guys and take my chances.

Hiya, Ken! :gt
              - Matt, see what the Red Sox player is telling the NY player to do in your cartoon . . . -

* Forget the pedaling part . . .
              Last edited by KenFougere; 07-23-2004, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Wow. So you guys get three home runs from Kevin Millar, our bullpen disintegrates, Jeter and Giambi pull 0-fers... and you STILL lose?

Good luck with that Wild Card!

Hey, at least you got this... only 3 players have ever hit 3 home runs in a Red Sox/ Yankees game. Kevin Millar, Mo Vaughn, and Lou Gehrig. So that's something.
                Last edited by ElHalo; 07-23-2004, 08:23 PM.

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Oh, and one other thing...

If the playoffs started today... the Red Sox wouldn't be in them... the Yanks would be playing the White Sox in the first round, while the Rangers would grapel with the Twins.

Aww... sad panda.
                  Last edited by ElHalo; 07-23-2004, 08:00 PM.

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• How bout the White Sox being in first place in the AL wild card. I never expected that before the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElHalo
                      Wow. So you guys get three home runs from Kevin Millar, our bullpen disintegrates, Jeter and Giambi pull 0-fers... and you STILL lose?

Good luck with that Wild Card!

Hey, at least you got this... only 3 players have ever hit 3 home runs in a Red Sox/ Yankees game. Kevin Millar, Mo Vaughn, and Lou Gehrig. So that's something.
                      ElHalo, please review my last message to Matt . . . - -

Comment

• You know, I think that it's a shame that this series doesn't feature a matchup of both teams' aces... which would be Pedro vs. (absolutely incredibly) El Duque. I think that'd be a thing to see.

As it is... The guys on SoSH are all saying that their Yankee fan friends aren't even ribbing them any more, that now it's just pity they see from YankeeNation... I guess that's about right. I'm actually not going to watch the next two games... there's not too much of a point.

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiSox2000
                          How bout the White Sox being in first place in the AL wild card. I never expected that before the season.
                          The White Sox would be the AL Central's first ever Wild Card representative. The AL Central is the only division never to have earned a WC.

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• What a waist of a good performance . . . h
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                              - Matt, see what the Red Sox player is telling the NY player to do in your cartoon . . . -

* Forget the pedaling part . . .
                              Do you realize that our #5 pitcher, Jon Lieber has just outpitched your desired ace, Curt Schilling, who was traded for so he could beat the Yanks? Despite efforts to the contrary, he's not the Yankee-killer so claimed, since Clemens was up 2-1 in that game 7 when both left.

Still, I'll pedal. Just make sure you try catching up sometime soon. I'll have lunch and hope you catch up by then.
                              Last edited by Mattingly; 07-24-2004, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElHalo
                                You know, I think that it's a shame that this series doesn't feature a matchup of both teams' aces... which would be Pedro vs. (absolutely incredibly) El Duque. I think that'd be a thing to see.

As it is... The guys on SoSH are all saying that their Yankee fan friends aren't even ribbing them any more, that now it's just pity they see from YankeeNation... I guess that's about right. I'm actually not going to watch the next two games... there's not too much of a point.
                                There never has been, nor will there ever be, anything known as "YankeeNation", regardless of one word or two. There is "Red Sox Nation" and there are "Yankee fans".

We don't need our ace, since Moose and Brown are both out. I'd pick Contreras or Hernandez right now, but I do remember Theo talking about how Wake had beaten Moose, w/some "our #4 beat your ace" comment. I see the scenario has been reversed.

Ken, how do ya like *THEM* Big Apples?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X