This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DODGER DEB
    WHAT part of "HE WAS SAFE" don't you guys understand, Matt?

As for "beating Boston for 80 years".........you know THERE IS THE LAW OF AVERAGES THAT COMES INTO PLAY, EVENTUALLY!

c.
    I think our Yankee ambassador has a differing view, but I won't step into that one again (well, not today, anyway, but gimme time).

As to the law of averages, I'd say that the century mark should be a good law. Say we wait until 2018 before things are safe for the Beantowners to finally celebrate from the unmerciful 4-lettered word (the one w/five letters) that one George (Herman Ruth, Jr) has put upon them? No, No Nanette!

Give it time, Deb, give it time. If they rush things, they may just get another 100 years. Ohhhhh, the suffering that they would receive, especially from CHB et al.
    :gt
    Last edited by Mattingly; 08-22-2004, 04:46 AM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
      Only a Bahstunned fan would brag about being 1/2 game up. Even worse, only a Beantowner would brag about being 7.5 games *BACK*.

Lemme know when you win the division, Ken. Who else would jump f/joy when so far back.
      I'm sorry, I was really wrong with the numbers in my previous post. Here's the correct ones below . . .

I could have sworn the lead was 11 games only a few days ago . . . -

Code:
                      [U][B] W   L   Pct   GB[/B][/U][B][/B][list=1][*][B][size=3][COLOR=Navy]Yankees   76  47  .618   --[/COLOR][/size][/B][*][B][size=3][COLOR=Red]Red Sox   70  52  .574   5.5[/COLOR][/size][/B]
      [/list]
      Last edited by KenFougere; 08-22-2004, 10:08 PM.

Comment

I think our Yankee ambassador has a differing view, but I won't step into that one again (well, not today, anyway, but gimme time).

As to the law of averages, I'd say that the century mark should be a good law. Say we wait until 2018 before things are safe for the Beantowners to finally celebrate from the unmerciful 4-lettered word (the one w/five letters) that one George (Herman Ruth, Jr) has put upon them? No, No Nanette!

Give it time, Deb, give it time. If they rush things, they may just get another 100 years. Ohhhhh, the suffering that they would receive, especially from CHB et al.
        :gt
        - Has anyone noticed as the lead shrinks, the Matt brings out more and more of his old cliches like (1918 & the Babe, ect....) Wonder why that is?
        {Sorry, it's probably just me . . . } -

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
          I'm sorry, I was really wrong with the numbers in my previous post. Here's the correct ones below . . .

I could have sworn the lead was 11 games only a few days ago . . . -

Code:
                          [U][B] W   L   Pct   GB[/B][/U][B][/B][list=1][*][B][size=3][COLOR=Navy]Yankees   76  47  .618   --[/COLOR][/size][/B][*][B][size=3][COLOR=Red]Red Sox   70  52  .574   5.5[/COLOR][/size][/B]
          [/list]
          Yeah, well we're playing like you guys and you guys are playing like us. Must be bad luck plus Boston's merely lucky.

Lemme get an ice pack and cool you folks off.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
            - Has anyone noticed as the lead shrinks, the Matt brings out more and more of his old cliches like (1918 & the Babe, ect....) Wonder why that is?
            {Sorry, it's probably just me . . . } -
            Somethin's gotta stop you people, and that would be the usual suspects--The New York Yankees!

Now then, since George in the sky is helping out our George down here, I'll accept whatever charitable deeds come our way.
            Last edited by Mattingly; 08-22-2004, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Somethin's gotta stop you people, and that would be the usual suspects--The New York Yankees!

Now then, since George in the sky is helping out our George down here, I'll accept whatever charitable deeds come our way.
              Screw the 'Wild Card' . . . :gt

Code:
              [INDENT][B][I][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]American League East[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B][/INDENT]

[U][B] W   L   Pct   GB[/B][/U][B][/B][list=1][*][B][size=3][COLOR=Navy]Yankees   78  48  .619   --[/COLOR][/size][/B][*][B][size=3][COLOR=Red]Red Sox   72  53  .576   5.5[/COLOR][/size][/B]
              [/list]
              Attached Files
              Last edited by KenFougere; 08-25-2004, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Ken, you're getting too predictable. You lose, we win, you're quiet. We lose, you win, you're here.

I tell you what: you can have one whole page all to yourself when you're a measly 1/2 game in 1st place, OK?

Until then, like Rocky said to Bugs, "Shaddup shuttin' up, Rabbit!"

Comment

Ken, you're getting too predictable. You lose, we win, you're quiet. We lose, you win, you're here.

I tell you what: you can have one whole page all to yourself when you're a measly 1/2 game in 1st place, OK?

Until then, like Rocky said to Bugs, "Shaddup shuttin' up, Rabbit!"
                  The Red Sox began the week having won 12 of 13 and 17 of 21 to move within 4½ games of the first-place Yankees in the AL East -- the Red Sox's smallest deficit since June 23...

The Yankees won five of seven games yet still lost a game in the standings to Boston... -

Anyone sense a trend here? -
                  Last edited by KenFougere; 08-30-2004, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• The Sox win 17 out of 21 just to pull within 4.5 games heading into their toughest stretch of the season. Hmmm.

Enjoy the West Coast .

Comment

• Originally posted by BC498
                      The Sox win 17 out of 21 just to pull within 4.5 games heading into their toughest stretch of the season. Hmmm.

Enjoy the West Coast .
                      - As of the 6th inning of tonights game, the Angels aren't enjoying the 'east coast' very much . . .
                      Red Sox up 6 - 1 . . .
                      Attached Files

Comment

• W O W !

- Cleveland Rocks !
                        Last edited by KenFougere; 08-31-2004, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Ugly game. 22-zip means I'll need to hide my head in shame. I feel so bad ... it's almost as bad as being a Boston fan or something.

Comment

• Omar Vizquel outhit the Yankees all by himself. Nice....

Anyway, the Yankees have a comparably easier schedule than the Sox. The Sox's next four series are against all AL West teams, two of which are right behind Boston in the Wild Card and one which is hanging on by a thread in the AL West. Every game is a must-win.
                            SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                            "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

• Thankfully, only 1 game. After one of the Hawiian delegates made it "New York Yankees Day" in Hawaii (from the RNC in NYC), the Yanks get smacked around like this.

After all the Yankee haters have their field day, I'd just like to get things back to normal again.

Comment

• :noidea - What's George Steinbrenner going to say after his Yankees are handed the worst defeat in franchise history, a 22-0 pasting at the hands of the lowly Indians? - h

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X