Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :noidea - What's George Steinbrenner going to say after his Yankees are handed the worst defeat in franchise history, a 22-0 pasting at the hands of the lowly Indians? - h

Ken Fougère

Comment

• It's Shrinking! Now only . . .

Ken Fougère

Comment

• Well, at least we know one thing for certain: The Yankees have the best starting pitcher in the AL East. Sox have more starting depth, but our aces beats your ace (can you believe that this is actually true in reference to a guy who may be aproaching 50?... I noticed that the papers have stopped saying he's "listed at 34" and just call him 38 now, but I'm almost positive that even that is at least 5 years too young for him, possibly more... And he's the best starting pitcher in the AL.

And we're paying him less than we're paying Steve Karsay or Travis Lee to not play, and less than we're paying Jason Giambi for every WEEK he sits out.

There's luck, and then there's Mystique and Aura...
        "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Saw a t-shirt being worn by a mean looking guy, who looked like a trucker, at today's Bosox v Angels game. It read:

I don't BRAKE for YANKEES fans

There are no doubt many funny t-shirts and banners sledging rival teams but I don't see too many and this one gave me a giggle.
          "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

• Originally posted by ElHalo
            Well, at least we know one thing for certain: The Yankees have the best starting pitcher in the AL East. Sox have more starting depth, but our aces beats your ace (can you believe that this is actually true in reference to a guy who may be aproaching 50?... I noticed that the papers have stopped saying he's "listed at 34" and just call him 38 now, but I'm almost positive that even that is at least 5 years too young for him, possibly more... And he's the best starting pitcher in the AL.

And we're paying him less than we're paying Steve Karsay or Travis Lee to not play, and less than we're paying Jason Giambi for every WEEK he sits out.

I wonder who's older, El Duque or Julio Franco? Franco is listed as 46, but he looks like he could be my grandfather.
            SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
            "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

• Originally posted by ElHalo
              Much like their lead, that's wearing a little thin lately . . . Don't you think? -
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• The Emporer has spoken

Originally posted by KenFougere
                :noidea - What's George Steinbrenner going to say after his Yankees are handed the worst defeat in franchise history, a 22-0 pasting at the hands of the lowly Indians? - h

"Manager Joe Torre said he got a vote of support from owner George Steinbrenner after Tuesday's 22-0 loss to Cleveland. He said 'Keep your chin up.' Torre said. 'There is that side of him. When you get beat up like that, he's supportive.'" from USA Today, Sept.2,2004
                Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                  Much like their lead, that's wearing a little thin lately . . . Don't you think? -
                  Hey, Ken, me thinks you've just won the AL East Division! Yeah, Beantown!

Whoops, it's only September 3rd. Never mind!
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                    Hey, Ken, me thinks you've just won the AL East Division! Yeah, Beantown!
                    Well, not just yet . . . It'll take another two or three weeks.
                    But I am glad to see that you've come around to accepting the inevitable!

{I'm proud of you . . . } -
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• speaking of a waning division lead...

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/[email protected]

A 3-1 loss? Ouch guys.

And Kevin Brown broke his hand "punching something in the clubhouse"?

I do not like injury smack, but if that's the truth, I'm not going to feel sorry for him. He just doesn't know how to keep himself healthy. As a matter of fact, I'm going to make another thread off this.
                      http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

• 1 9 7 8 - (in reverse?)

Code:
                        American League East
                        W L Pct GB
                        1. Yankees 83 51 .619 --
                        2. Red Sox 80 53 .602 2.5
                        This season is beginning to resemble a mirror image of 1978 -- when the Yankees dropped to fourth place and trailed the Red Sox by 14 games after play on July 19, then rebounded to win the AL East in a one-game playoff -- except the roles have been reversed. Who takes first this year will likely come down to the wire: New York and Boston have a pair of three-game series left, at Yankee Stadium from Sept. 17-19 and at Fenway Park from Sept. 24-26. -
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by KenFougere; 09-04-2004, 05:53 AM.
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

Well, not just yet . . . It'll take another two or three weeks.
                          But I am glad to see that you've come around to accepting the inevitable!

{I'm proud of you . . . } -
                          Hey, Ken, so as to save you some time for next March or April, I'll just type in what you'll inevitably post:

THIS IS OUR YEAR!

Lemme know when you win the division, 'kay? :gt
                          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                            Hey, Ken, so as to save you some time for next March or April, I'll just type in what you'll inevitably post:

THIS IS OUR YEAR!

Lemme know when you win the division, 'kay? :gt
                            Oh don't worry, I will! -
                            (In the meantime . . . go punch a wall.) -
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• The Red Sox - Yankees rivalry is the most bitter rivalry by far.

(Actually I don't know why this rivalry started, because it was already there before Babe Ruth moved to the Yankees.)

But the Brooklyn Dodgers - Yankees rivalry is close behind.

Comment

Oh don't worry, I will! -
                                (In the meantime . . . go punch a wall.) -
                                Don't forget, when BoSox fans say "THIS IS OUR YEAR", it's only after another losing year. If they'd finally won, then they wouldn't need "a year", since "the year" indicates when they'd likely finally win it all.

Now then, why do I have to ek-splain this to a Beantowner?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X