Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Ken! I'll be seeing you from the beginning of next season to the end. Yup, it'll start in the Bronx and end in Little Fenway!

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...ankees_for_05/
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• I would like to elaborate on the growing Orioles-Devil Rays rivalry, in which the O's have proudly taken a one game lead in the all-time series!

First, um...

. . .

oh, never mind.
      http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

• There is little question that the Redsox-Yankee Rivalry has been in the past and is today a heated one. How many times have we all witnessed the RedSox failing down the stretch to their hated Rivals....the Bronx Bombers.

That being said, the Brookyln-New York Battles were absolute "warfare". A battle not only for NL supremecy, but for borough bragging rites. Those battles often decided who won the NL in the late 40's thru the 50's. Records didn't matter, the Dodgers and the Giants didn't just want to win those games, they wanted to leave little doubt who the better team was.

A student of the game may be forgiven for not knowing of this rivalry, but a student of baseball history cannot be for such a gross oversight.
        "Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand." - Leo Durocher -

Comment

• ( Shaking Head ) . . .

This has nothing to do with the baseball team on the field . . .
          - but, trying to squeeze a forfeit from MLB because the Devil Rays needed to stay home to protect their families during hurricane Frances was pretty low, then to demand reimbursement for the hot dogs & soda provided for the fans is as petty as you can get! - h
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Ken Fougère

Comment

• This is getting scarry . . .

So far (8th inn) in the 3 game sweep of Oakland, we've outscored the A's 23-4 . . . -

Pedro hasn't given up an earned run in his last 20 innings . . .

Attached Files
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• (Because I can't tell who it is and I thought you might know.)
                Ken Fougère

Comment

• El Duque and Moose.
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                    El Duque and Moose.
                    Moose . . . now he's the one with the 9w & 9L record, right? - - :noidea
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere

(Because I can't tell who it is and I thought you might know.)

Um... unlike the Red Sox, the Yankees have the best starting pitcher in baseball right now.

Orlando "Say Hello to my Little Friend" Hernandez is absolutely gang busters right now... this seems like the kind of story Disney would make a movie about if anybody knew El Duque's real age.

You throw up Pedro, we throw up a junk baller who couldn't top 90 falling out of an airplane and who still strikes out more than a batter an inning... I'm happy with our chances.

Seriously... add up all the arm angles and speed changes, and I'm pretty sure El Duque's got at least 80 completely different pitches working for him right now. Good Luck!

although the rest of our rotation leaves something to be desired...
                      "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• The Yankees have El Duque. Really all I care about.

That 2.49 ERA is looking mighty nice right about now.

See you in October!

(If you make it...)
                        "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                          Moose . . . now he's the one with the 9w & 9L record, right? - - :noidea
                          Go to the bottom of his game log and see his last 2 starts: 7.0 IP, 2 ER; 8.0 IP, 1 ER. Ace enuff fer ya?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...g?statsId=4715

Check out Lieber's last 2: 7.0, 0 ER; 6.2, 2 ER. Sounds like a few back-to-back consecutive starts to me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...g?statsId=5235

You Yankee bashers need to realize that if the SP (which would be Lieber) gets lit up early, it strains the pen tremendously, both f/that game and other games. Rookie Halsey got lit up, then so did Vazquez. That's why Sturtze was needed in the prior game, then Loaiza of all people, was needed in the other game. Had Esteban been brought in before more damage was done, we might've had a fighting chance to win that game. However, I'll still give credit to the Orioles for winning it.
                          Last edited by Mattingly; 09-11-2004, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• We'll put Pedro out there, and you'll put out the Duke. Pedro's better, but just to make sure:

The Major League leader in Wins.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• BoSox Rule, you, Ken and every single Yankee hater, sigs & avs next week and the one afterwards!

Comment

• Hey, Ken, by next Monday, I'll have to shrink-wrap this to an av just your size:

:gt
                                Last edited by Mattingly; 09-14-2004, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X