Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Beantowners, calling all Beantowners. It's that time again. Which time is it? Howdee Doodie time? Nooooooo, kiddies, not this time!

M-I-C ... K-E-Y ...

Y? Becuz we're gonna rock and roll all over you in da Bronx, that's why!

Yo, Ken, shall I count you in? Or would 'umz be cluckin' like one of Frank Perdue's finest?

You're gonna be fried, died and put aside like the Colonel's wings!

Now then, you and BoSox Rule are both invited to the party. However, you'll have to find your own way home, but at least you'll both be "properly attired"!
    :gt
    Last edited by Mattingly; 09-17-2004, 09:04 AM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
      Calling all Beantowners, calling all Beantowners. It's that time again. Which time is it? Howdee Doodie time? Nooooooo!

M-I-C ... K-E-Y ...

Y? Becuz we're gonna rock and roll all over you in da Bronx, that's why!

Yo, Ken, shall I count you in? Or would 'umz be cluckin' like one of Frank Perdue's finest?

You're gonna be fried, died and put aside like the Colonel's wings!

Now then, you and BoSox Rule are both invited to the party. However, you'll have to find your own way home, but at least you'll both be "properly attired"!

I am sure most BEANTOWNERS can navigate their way around "DA BRONX"....but, should they need help, not to worry, BEANTOWNERS, I AM HERE, READY and ABLE, to HELP ALL of YOU!!!!

As for the rest of your comments, MATT, aren't YOU getting a little ahead of yourself?

KEEP on BELIEVING............

GO SOX!!!

c.

Comment

• Deb, you double-posted, so I deleted the 2nd one. 'kay?

Oh no! Dodger Deb is here to save the day!

So watcha gonna do? Make me wear a byoodeeful Brooklyn av & 10/4/55 sig?

Still, my word to Beantowners: Watcha all gonna do when Yankee domination since NINETEEN TWENTY-THREE reins supreme and runs wild all over you?!
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• As a Ranger fan I used to say I love beating Seattle and New York the most. With the Yanks knocking us out of the playoffs in 96, 98 & 99. Though recently I have no beef with the Yanks or the M's. I guess it changes from year to year because Texas really has no rival. Interleague play has made a Rangers/Astros series interesting but this is still not a true rivalry. This season Ive looked forward to playing Oakland and Anaheim the most. This chair incident (though the As players had nothing to do with it) with Oakland and the Adam Kennedy/Gerald Laird incident earlier in the year has really made me dislike both of those teams way more than Seattle or New York. My wife and I also went to a Yankee game in June, plus we are moving to New York City next July so my hatred for the Yanks is turning into a simple dislike.
          "It's very bad to steal Joe Boo's rum, it's very bad."

Comment

• Escape from New York

That three and half game lead is looking mighty slim, particularly because the Red Sox are as hot as dime pistols. I don't watch many AL games, but the only NL broadcast in my area is Braves v. Fish, so I will only occasionally see what the Marlins are doing to fall more than three behind the Cubs tonight. Can't wait to see what the Yankees are going to do with the return of Giambi, and where Williams and Lofton will fit in as a result.
            Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

• I'm not worried about the Yanks tonight. El Duque vs. Bronson Arroyo... tomorrow, we got Lieber and Lowe. I'll be sweating that one a bit more.

But as hot as the Red Sox have been, surprise surprise... the Yanks have been just as hot the last couple weeks.

L10:
              Boston: 7-3
              NYY: 8-2

And as far as Giambi goes... he might not play. If I was Torre, I wouldn't play him this series at all. I'd rather have Ruben Sierra in the lineup. Giambi really has been looking like he should just call it a year (if not a career...).
              "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Originally posted by trosmok
                That three and half game lead is looking mighty slim, particularly because the Red Sox are as hot as dime pistols. I don't watch many AL games, but the only NL broadcast in my area is Braves v. Fish, so I will only occasionally see what the Marlins are doing to fall more than three behind the Cubs tonight. Can't wait to see what the Yankees are going to do with the return of Giambi, and where Williams and Lofton will fit in as a result.
                So which games do you mostly watch if not many AL games and Braves-Fish is the only one you're watching? You picking this up on TBS?

Giambi = DH. This cuts it thin, since Sheffield also DHs when he's aching (or less so than usual). Bernie also DHs. Lofton is our CF, and alternate RF at times (mostly when Jeter has gotten hurt).

Comment

• No more poker

Espn will broadcast the bitter rivals game, and sadly, TBS is the only other game tonight. Espn2 will likely have yet another college football game, FoxSports won't show the Cubs v. Reds, they've got Wisconson v. Arizona football on. The way things are looking, rain could wash out one of my few Friday nights off, they already postponed the Mets at Pirates because of the deluge.
                  Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

• Well, EVERYONE, are WE going to follow the GAME TONIGHT on this thread, or Matt, do you plan on opening a new one just for this game?? :noidea

Tell, tell....

c.

Comment

• Exhibit A

How to take care of wayward Beantowners

pahk a few into the rf bleachahs

Comment

• Originally posted by DODGER DEB
                        Well, EVERYONE, are WE going to follow the GAME TONIGHT on this thread, or Matt, do you plan on opening a new one just for this game?? :noidea

Tell, tell....

c.
                        I'd prefer a new thread, weather permitting. Feel free to start it.

We've had game threads here before after the Yanks got blown out 22-zip, so a new thread would be great. I happen to enjoy this thread to discuss stuff related to the various rivalries (or wars!) in baseball, not a specific game.

BTW, did you see that I'd deleted (but not physically removed) your duplicate thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                          I'd prefer a new thread, weather permitting. Feel free to start it.

We've had game threads here before after the Yanks got blown out 22-zip, so a new thread would be great. I happen to enjoy this thread to discuss stuff related to the various rivalries (or wars!) in baseball, not a specific game.

BTW, did you see that I'd deleted (but not physically removed) your duplicate thread?

I did, and thank you, Matt.

I must have hit submit twice and didn't even realize it.

It does look like the game might make it tonight according to the latest weather forecast, about 10 minutes ago.

c.

Comment

• You're quite welcome, Deb.

weather.com: http://www.weather.com/weather/local...ocalUndeclared

ny1.com (NYC cable channel): http://www.ny1.com/Weather/index.html (heavy rain expected)

nytimes.com: http://www.nytimes.com/weather/ (Thundershowers expected)

Comment

• Last edited by Mattingly; 09-18-2004, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElHalo
                                The Yankees have El Duque. Really all I care about.

That 2.49 ERA is looking mighty nice right about now.

See you in October!

(If you make it...)
                                He did look good but it's a shame he wilted in the rain . . .
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X