This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly
    Sorry, BoSox Rule, you posted after the scheduled 1st pitch, which was 2:05pm ET. I'll just have to wear Ken's choice of av and regular sig.
    :gt
    It's too late now, but I didn't post after the first pitch. The BBF clock is 10 minutes fast.

Comment

• Yeah, but I got you on a technicality.

-- Sneaky Yankee fan
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

PM me, Ken.

I'll dig up the thing about the bet where you and TFAM said the Yanks would never win the division.
        Oh, that's ok. Don't bother yourself.
        I don't want you to go out of your way for something so trivial . . . - :o
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Doesn't matter. You'll have to wear my smack sig & av all winter long. Make sure you keep your laptop powered up if/when we meet up in the ALCS. Just make sure you get there, buddy boy!
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Like the Sox today . . . I'm up to full power!

Originally posted by Mattingly
            Doesn't matter. You'll have to wear my smack sig & av all winter long. Make sure you keep your laptop powered up if/when we meet up in the ALCS. Just make sure you get there, buddy boy!
            As a matter of fact, I just installed 256 additional RAM on the laptop . . . -
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
              As a matter of fact, I just installed 256 additional RAM on the laptop . . . -
              Make sure you also install a soundcard and some heavy duty woofers on the speakers. When I say, "THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YANKEES WIN!", it'll be at the top of my lungs and I want you to hear it nice and crystal clear. Tell it to all of your buddies when crying over your chowda!

Oh geez, the only "B" guy we've got left is Kevin Brown. Oh well, he'll have to take you guys out in October. Not much help tonight, obviously.

Comment

Make sure you also install a soundcard and some heavy duty woofers on the speakers. When I say, "THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YANKEES WIN!", it'll be at the top of my lungs and I want you to hear it nice and crystal clear. Tell it to all of your buddies when crying over your chowda!

That's what I like most about you New Yorkers . . .
                Your humility. -

Oh geez, the only "B" guy we've got left is Kevin Brown. Oh well, he'll have to take you guys out in October. Not much help tonight, obviously.
                With starters like Brown today, it's gonna be tuff for the Yanks in a short playoff series . . . -
                Ken Fougère

Comment

• I'll have Jeter pahk one into the Monstah for ya. I'll make sure it makes its way to Bahstunned Hahbah!

BTW, what's with this "Buckminster Hotel" thing? I think on ESPN or YES, they'd said that's played a big role in some curse. Then Buckey Dent, Buckner. It was heavy emphasis on "Buck". Then something about one game played on some Yankee network. The details are extremely fuzzy, as I didn't catch much.

You know anything of this?

Comment

I'll have Jeter pahk one into the Monstah for ya. I'll make sure it makes its way to Bahstunned Hahbah!

BTW, what's with this "Buckminster Hotel" thing? I think on ESPN or YES, they'd said that's played a big role in some curse. Then Buckey Dent, Buckner. It was heavy emphasis on "Buck". Then something about one game played on some Yankee network. The details are extremely fuzzy, as I didn't catch much.

You know anything of this?
                    Not a clue. Was it in print too or just on TV? -
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• OK with me . . .

Originally posted by Mattingly
                      I'll have Jeter pahk one into the Monstah for ya.
                      Into the monster?
                      As long as it's not over it, that's fine with me! - -
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                        Not a clue. Was it in print too or just on TV? -
                        TV. Happened when I was doing my laundry, then getting lunch. It was on YES.

Comment

• Meanwhile, on the West Coast, the Dodgers have taken two out of three from the Giants in San Francisco, after everyone had given them up for dead (Sportsline ran a beautiful article saying why the Dodgers weren't going to win the division against the red-hot Giants.) Anyway, LA ends its final roadtrip 2½ games ahead of SF and it may just come down to the last day of the season. How's THAT for a "bitter rivalry"?
                          SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                          "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

• Originally posted by mojorisin71
                            Meanwhile, on the West Coast, the Dodgers have taken two out of three from the Giants in San Francisco, after everyone had given them up for dead (Sportsline ran a beautiful article saying why the Dodgers weren't going to win the division against the red-hot Giants.) Anyway, LA ends its final roadtrip 2½ games ahead of SF and it may just come down to the last day of the season. How's THAT for a "bitter rivalry"?
                            If there's a one-game playoff, make sure it's played in California. Right now, we'll have to get Jeter to "pahk one over the Monstah".

Comment

If there's a one-game playoff, make sure it's played in California. Right now, we'll have to get Jeter to "pahk one over the Monstah".
                              Silly me, I thought this was the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry thread. :noidea

The one-game playoff will be played in San Francisco, if necessary. No reports of violence outside SBC Park anyway. But Dodger fans are crazier in LA, so that's why I'm going to go to next weekend's games with some kevlar or something.
                              SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                              "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

• Twins play roll in AL East & will be tuff in playoffs . . .

CBS Sportsline - A.L. Playoff Positioning

Last edited by KenFougere; 09-28-2004, 12:38 AM.
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X