X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mojorisin71
    Silly me, I thought this was the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry thread. :noidea

The one-game playoff will be played in San Francisco, if necessary. No reports of violence outside SBC Park anyway. But Dodger fans are crazier in LA, so that's why I'm going to go to next weekend's games with some kevlar or something.
    Nahhhhh, just borrow some of Barry's armor. After that, you can just wear one of those helmets, body armor and an armored horse, then call yourself Sir Lancelot. You'll be protected.

Well, it's mostly Red Sox/Yankees. Of course, it's about all rivalries. However, the two east coast teams seem to garner the most attention of the current clubs in this category. Ken and I try doing our share!
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
      But Ken, I thought there was no curse? Shall it be reversed or did it never exist? You Beantowners gotta stick w/one answer. One reply by sign, another that "there's no tooth fairies either". C'mon, make up your minds, dude!
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
        But Ken, I thought there was no curse? Shall it be reversed or did it never exist? You Beantowners gotta stick w/one answer. One reply by sign, another that "there's no tooth fairies either". C'mon, make up your minds, dude!
        I wanted to buy something for a friend.
        But what can you get for someone who thinks he knows . . .
        I mean, has everything?

- Then it came to me! -

Comment

• Ahhhhhhhh, so you people *DO* believe in the curse, eh? Isn't that why Babe's grand-daughter was at Fenway in the '99 ALCS? How'd that one work out, anyway?

Ken's statement at the next of October:

:grouchy MFy's!

Ken's statement next March and April:

THIS IS OUR YEAR!

In case you'd forgotten, I'll have to explain Beantown-speak to a resident Beantowner: "this is our year" comes automatically after another *LOSERBOY* season, as always.

86 years and counting. Get used to it, if you haven't already!
          :gt

Hiya, Ken!
          Last edited by Mattingly; 09-28-2004, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Wow. Pedro giving up 4 earned in the first two innings against the D-RAYS? Can it be that Petey Pablo has lost his magic mojo juice? I guess we'll see come October.

See ya there!
            "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Reminder: no politics, please.

Comment

• Ken and TFAM:

You both know you bet me, so please go to baberuth.com and pick an av. Thanks.

Yanks clinch the division on Bernie's 2-run jack.

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                  E v e r y - M a n - F o r - H i m s e l f ?

Code:
                  46 Andy Pettitte    21
                  22 Roger Clemens    17
                  33 David Wells      15 
                  18 Jeff Weaver[u]       7[/u]
                                -60 wins

Wow, that's alot to make up . . .

But now with Tony Clark's bat in the line up, you'll hardly notice those 60 wins lost from your starting rotation . . .

If he helps you like he did us, we're in BIG trouble!!!!
                  From 1/1/2004, post #2599.

Comment

• Actually, Tony Clark helped us out just fine.

And who needs Jason Giambi, or, say, pitching, when you've got Jeter-ARod-Sheffield-Matsui-Posada staring you in the face?

You realize that the entire decade of the 1980's saw two seasons by individual players who went .300/.400/.500 with 100 R, 100 RBI, and 30 HR (one by George Brett, one by Dewey Evans)? We've got an outside chance of having two of them this year (Sheff and Matsui... ok, very outside, but still).
                    "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Ken, please report for sigs & av duty!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                        2 Straight? -

Comment

• Ken, we only needed 2 guys to give quality performances for us. We've got Moose, Lieber, Vazquez, Brown. El Duque will be in the pen, just like Derek "bLowe".

You've got Schilling, Arroyo and perhaps Wake. I dunno about Pedro.

Anyway, I hereby challenge any Minnesota fan worth his or her salt to a wager you cannot refuse:

2 weeks minimum, av and smack sig!

Any takers?

Comment

• I'm no Twins fan but wuth the demise of my Expos, I need a little incentive. jumping on the bandwagon and a little wager would go a long way in an effeort to keep me interested in Baseball.

In the AL I'm cheering for Boston. As for the NL not really sure, anyone but Atlanta...

Comment

• Ontarioguy, we've been great friends here. I can't humanely ask a fan of a team which has just been forced to relocate to wear my av, so I'd prefer not to bet you. Other fans, yes, but not you, please.

I'm glad you can keep your chin up and enjoy such a beautiful game. Very sad to see this happen to your team and I hope that you find a team you enjoy, if a specific team at all.

Thanks.

Comment

• Thanks for the kind words Mattingly.

Believe it or not there is an outside (Very outside) chance that I put on the Yankees hat. As far as I know the only other team which I can get there games on the radio during the daytime are the Yanks from Lake Placid. For me to be able to follow a team I need to be able to hear all their games. I get Lots of signals at night once the sun sets but that's ony in the late innings and you really can't follow a team on 3-4 innings of night ball.

Unless I can find either a local Mets or Red Sox affiliate I may be relegated to the Yanks.

But until next year I'm still hating on them

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X