Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontarioguy, we're all neighbors around here, so you're quite welcome.

Hope to see you stick around a whole lot longer. All fans are important, and you and your fellow Montreal Expos fans are no exception to this!

As to listening to the NY teams, the Mets are on WFAN, 660AM. They're also on Fox (this season just ended, anyway), FSNY (or your local affiliate), MSG and WPIX.

The Yanks are on WCBS, 880AM, as well as YES, ESPN, CBS, FOX.

I don't know what radio reception would be like from Canada, but you can certainly try, especially if you've got a good AM antenna. Lots of team forums here, so feel free to pop yourself into any of these and ask how the game's going. Never know, you could be a roving (and raving) fan from Canada wishing well and history lessons to interested fans out there.
    Last edited by Mattingly; 10-03-2004, 05:49 PM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Uhmmmm, Ken should be "properly attired" in some real clothing by tomorrow.
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Still no takers? Big matchup in 15 or 20 minutes and no fans of Minnesota wish to bet avs & sigs f/two weeks or more?

Comment

• I don't know about this . . .

Originally posted by Mattingly
          Ken and TFAM:

You both know you bet me, so please go to baberuth.com and pick an av. Thanks.

Yanks clinch the division on Bernie's 2-run jack.
          You know Matt, I sort of remember the bet being 'which team goes further in the playoffs' instead of the regular season standings . . .
          {I could be wrong, but I'm just not so sure . . . - }
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
            Still no takers? Big matchup in 15 or 20 minutes and no fans of Minnesota wish to bet avs & sigs f/two weeks or more?
            Bah, I don't normally read this thread, as it's usually Red Sox vs. Yankees.

I'll take you up on your offer.... if you're still up to it after tonights game, that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
              You know Matt, I sort of remember the bet being 'which team goes further in the playoffs' instead of the regular season standings . . .
              {I could be wrong, but I'm just not so sure . . . - }
              I remember after Boston got Schilling and Rocket, Pettitte, Boomer all left, I still said the Yanks would win the AL East. Yourself and TFAM said that this was the easiest bet they'd ever win.

I don't remember having bet on who goes further into the playoffs. That's a separate bet I don't remember having ever made.

Comment

• Originally posted by insanefishpossay
                Bah, I don't normally read this thread, as it's usually Red Sox vs. Yankees.

I'll take you up on your offer.... if you're still up to it after tonights game, that is.
                Nope. One thing about a bet is the mystery of the outcome, and the evenness of the score. If it were 1-1 or 2-2 in the series, I'd strongly consider your offer. Down 1-zip, especially your having posted after the game's over, I can't really consider this.

If the Yanks win tomorrow, I'll consider your offer *ONLY* if you post this before Game 3 starts and don't edit your post before the start of said Game 3.

I'd let it be known before the lineups were made that I would be betting, but I'll wait until we're no longer at a disadvantage to accept this offer.

Comment

• All-in-all, not a bad first day starting the playoffs.
                  Wouldn't you agree, Matt?
                  :o - h - Ouch. I just checked the scoreboard . . . Sorry about that! -

Ken Fougère

Comment

• *BONK!*

Ken, you guys weren't facing Santana, we were. Not at his finest, and we blew lots of scoring opportunities. 5 double plays is atrocious, but we'll have to snap out of it and Lieber's start is a must-win.

Moose = 7.0 IP, 2 ER, 2.57 ERA; Schilling = 6.2 IP, 2 ER, 2.70 ERA. I'll take a fine Game 1 effort, even if outpitched.

Comment

• Now to friendly Fenway Park . . .

Pedro makes it 2 down, 1 to go.

Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                        All-in-all, not a bad first day starting the playoffs.
                        Wouldn't you agree, Matt?
                        :o - h - Ouch. I just checked the scoreboard . . . Sorry about that! -

Hello Kenfougere,

Did you already see my offer to bet? What do you think about it? Do you dare?

Comment

• now i know its a baseball fourm but its time for the Red River Shootout....

and as Oklahoma/Texas are bitter rivals.

International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
                          Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                            Nope. One thing about a bet is the mystery of the outcome, and the evenness of the score. If it were 1-1 or 2-2 in the series, I'd strongly consider your offer. Down 1-zip, especially your having posted after the game's over, I can't really consider this.

If the Yanks win tomorrow, I'll consider your offer *ONLY* if you post this before Game 3 starts and don't edit your post before the start of said Game 3.

I'd let it be known before the lineups were made that I would be betting, but I'll wait until we're no longer at a disadvantage to accept this offer.
                            Thanks to very poor managing by Ron Gardenhire, the series is now tied 1-1.

Still about 2 and a half hours before Game 3 begins. I'm still up for the bet if you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by insanefishpossay
                              Thanks to very poor managing by Ron Gardenhire, the series is now tied 1-1.

Still about 2 and a half hours before Game 3 begins. I'm still up for the bet if you are.
                              I was going to post about a bet, but I can't do that in good conscience, especially w/my Yanks up 3-1 in the score.

Let's just say that if it's a final game 5, it's automatic that we should vote.

Sorry about today, and you did post before gametime, but I was drenched in work. My bad. :o

Comment

• As mentioned in the Boston forum, congratulations Boston Red Sox on sweeping the ALDS, their first postseason sweep since 1975 of the A's.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X