This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by insanefishpossay
    Thanks to very poor managing by Ron Gardenhire, the series is now tied 1-1.
    I still can't believe it. He out-Gradied Grady by a mile.
    BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

• N E X T !

S W E P T !

Ken Fougère

Comment

• Comment

• One more for another "matchup for the ages." As I recall, we did pretty well against Schilling and Pedro this year... hopefully, we can either beat Johan on short rest (which I'm not holding my breath for), or blow out Radke on short rest back in Da Bronx (much more likely).

And maybe, just maybe... I'll get an early Halloween present, and El Duque's arm will no longer be tired.
          "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Originally posted by insanefishpossay
            Thanks to very poor managing by Ron Gardenhire, the series is now tied 1-1.

Still about 2 and a half hours before Game 3 begins. I'm still up for the bet if you are.
            My apologies if I'd forgotten about it. In the Brooklyn forum, there's a thread about which team would you vote for. I'd bet long-time Dodger fan, Jackie42 that if the Yanks lost the pennant, I'd wear his current av of a smiling Jackie Robinson. If the Yanks won the pennant, he'd wear my current av of a smiling Lou Gehrig. All bets are until the 1st game of the regular season.

So right now, all bets are off. I'll have to depend upon ElHalo and Yankee Mike to do the rest of the betting for me. If the Yanks manage to go to the WS, then I'd be free to bet.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Hey, Ken, get on the bus--to da Bronx!
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                Hey, Ken, get on the bus--to da Bronx!
                I'm really not sure I'm up for this. Oh, boy.
                BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

• I'm already spoken for re betting avs & sigs. See the thread in the Brooklyn forum re who they're rooting for in the postseason.

Now then, would some of you Red Sox and Yankee fans put some avs & sigs on the table? Yourself, SoxSon, and you too, VT, all of you should bet.

ElHalo, Gaijin, dgarza, c'mon, let's put some wagers on the table and up the ante sky high, folks! Don't let this opportunity go to waste!

Comment

• All right... Sox win, two weeks of BoSox sigs and avs of your choice. Any Red Sox fans that want to take it?
                    "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Hey, Ken, I was just rummaging through my garage and found this rare item! How do you like it?

:gt

Comment

• what a horrible picture.

do you guys realize this thread is 137 pages long? thats rather a lot.

Comment

• Mattingly, awesome picture.

As to the thread being long... yeah, it's gone on for years.

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Foolmaster
                            what a horrible picture.

do you guys realize this thread is 137 pages long? thats rather a lot.
                            Oh, I thought it was a lovely bit of artwork.

As to this thread, it's where fans of various teams razz each other quite a bit. It seems that it's mostly the AL East division leaders who do this, but then again, that just may be accurate.

Everybody has fun here so please enjoy.

Comment

• If the Yankees are Pedro's daddy then Red Sox are Mariano Rivera's daddy.

Look at the numbers, if you wish:
                              Entire Year: http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/st...tSplit1=vsTbos

After the AS Break: http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/st...t=1&splitSet=4

Comment

• Well, that was then, this is the playoffs. We'll see.

Pedro's pitched three playoff games against the Yankees. Sox are 1-2 in those games. We'll see what happens.

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X