X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOMAR - Tied AL & Red Sox Club Record

Nomar goes 6 for 6 with a walk!
    You'd figure, "this is going to be a special day"... right?

Well, we both figured WRONG!___
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: NOMAR - Tied AL & Red Sox Club Record

Originally posted by KenFougere
      Nomar goes 6 for 6 with a walk!
      You'd figure, "this is going to be a special day"... right?

Well, we both figured WRONG!___
      Seems that the $20m man had better start using his bionic muscles sometime soon. Having an oh fer day which is this close can't be good.

6 for 6 proves that Nomar is white hot about now, so if anyone needs to be pitched around, it would be him.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• He's flying....

Saturday Nomar went 6 for 6...
        Tonight 5 for 5 now batting .344!

He is WHITE hot...it's incredible to watch him now.
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• (spoken in old western movie speak)
          There's only one team that'll make my blood boil...and that's them durn DODGERS. I 'spose we'll have to put them outta their misery..

(2003 speak)
          JASON SCHMIDT WAS EN FUEGO LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!
          "The Giants Win The Pennant!, The Giants Win The Pennant!, The Giants Win The Pennant!"

Comment

• Frisco: (and yes I know you guys don't like that term), maybe more specifically Bonds, Barry Bonds. My Pads just seem to pitch BP to him.

LA: I love Vinny, but I hate the arrogant Rodger Dodger Fans.

SFGIANTFAN: I just flushed my toilet 5 times, in your honor....I just love using your water!
            "I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?" Yogi Berra

Comment

• Tampa put up a good series. Has their pitching improved that much? The series wasn't played in New York, so why was the games so tight? We're going there next.
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• I can't stand Atlanta fans in any sport. They are the biggest "front running" fans I have ever seen. It's sick to see that these fans don't even show up during the playoffs.

The other team/fans are the Cubbies of course. But I can't say too much about them because they love them no matter how bad/good they are. But they seem to be a little over happy when they are leading the division.

As far as the AL.....can't stand the Yankee's, although I respect their history. I like the stories/careers of the older Yankee's (Joe D, Mick, Yogi, Lou), but I can't stand the new guys. Let the damn Red Sox win the division every once in awhile would ya

Nomaaaaaaar
                Go crazy folks. Go crazy!

-Jack Buck on Ozzie Smith's game winning home run in Game 5 of the 85 playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                  Tampa put up a good series. Has their pitching improved that much? The series wasn't played in New York, so why was the games so tight? We're going there next.
                  TB is a team which is a spoiler, not a champ. Against equally lousy teams, they'll play their usual low quality game. When they see a contending team, it's like they smell blood. They've beaten the Mariners before, Boston, Yanks, A's, just about everybody in seasons past.

I don't think their pitching is so good, except Zambrano seems to be on a hot streak right now, and Rolls seems to hit Yankee pitching at will. I think it's the overall inability of the Yanks to bring home the 3B runner. Not small ball at all, and if the hitters can't figure out the pitchers, singles or doubles become GIDPs, another thing we're often victim of.

Piniella especially hates losing to the Yanks after George fired him, so that could be a key. I still say they'll go after you guys tough also, since you're also a contender.
                  Last edited by Mattingly; 06-26-2003, 08:47 PM.
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by cardinals03
                    As far as the AL.....can't stand the Yankee's, although I respect their history. I like the stories/careers of the older Yankee's (Joe D, Mick, Yogi, Lou), but I can't stand the new guys. Let the damn Red Sox win the division every once in awhile would ya
                    Nope. We want to win them all!
                    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Give, give, give . . .

Originally posted by YankeeMan
                      Nope. We want to win them all!
                      Your benevolence is an inspiration to us all. ___
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• New Major League Record

The Red Sox scored 10 runs in the 1st inning without making an out!
                        New Major League Record. All Red Sox starters have scored at least once. Marlins pitchers have thrown 80 pitches so far in this first inning. Sox have now batted around twice. 13-1 and still the 1st inning which has lasted almost ONE HOUR! Johnny Damon is now getting up for the THIRD TIME in the 1st inning!!!!!
                        Well it's over (1st) 14 runs 13 hits...UNREAL!!!
                        Last edited by KenFougere; 06-27-2003, 06:25 PM.
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: New Major League Record

Originally posted by KenFougere
                          The Red Sox scored 10 runs in the 1st inning without making an out!
                          New Major League Record. All Red Sox starters have scored at least once. Marlins pitchers have thrown 80 pitches so far in this first inning. Sox have now batted around twice. 13-1 and still the 1st inning which has lasted almost ONE HOUR! Johnny Damon is now getting up for the THIRD TIME in the 1st inning!!!!!
                          Well it's over (1st) 14 runs 13 hits...UNREAL!!!

Let's hope the Boston bullpen doesn't blow the lead. That would be one record they wouldn't want from this game!
                          Go crazy folks. Go crazy!

-Jack Buck on Ozzie Smith's game winning home run in Game 5 of the 85 playoffs.

Comment

• Re: Re: New Major League Record

Originally posted by cardinals03
                            Let's hope the Boston bullpen doesn't blow the lead. That would be one record they wouldn't want from this game!
                            I think they're saving that for the next time they're in The Series.
                            WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Re: Re: New Major League Record

Originally posted by cardinals03
                              You're right. Stay tuned...
                              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: New Major League Record

Originally posted by YankeeMan
                                I think they're saving that for the next time they're in The Series.
                                "The Series"? I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that term.
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X