Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This year's stats mean A WHOLE lot more than playoff games from 1 year ago, or even 1999 when Pedro shut you guys down.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox Rule
      This year's stats mean A WHOLE lot more than playoff games from 1 year ago, or even 1999 when Pedro shut you guys down.
      Uh, no, not really. Cause this is the playoffs. And playoffs are a whole different world. A world in which, I might add, Mariano has an 0.71 career ERA in 101 2/3 IP.
      "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ElHalo
        Uh, no, not really. Cause this is the playoffs. And playoffs are a whole different world. A world in which, I might add, Mariano has an 0.71 career ERA in 101 2/3 IP.
        That is such a flawed logic.

What a player did 5 years ago, 10 years ago, or even 1 year ago, has no bearing what so ever on a series that hasn't even started yet.

Comment

That is such a flawed logic.

What a player did 5 years ago, 10 years ago, or even 1 year ago, has no bearing what so ever on a series that hasn't even started yet.
          I saw you say in another thread that you're only 15 years old, so I'll lay off a bit, but this certainly isn't true.

By the way... want to take me up on the sigs and avs bet?
          "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

I saw you say in another thread that you're only 15 years old, so I'll lay off a bit, but this certainly isn't true.

By the way... want to take me up on the sigs and avs bet?
            No, don't lay off. Tell me how what a player has done in the past has anything to do with now. Because if that were true, Pedro would still be the best pitcher in baseball without question.

I don't care about the bet, though, I'll do it.

Comment

I don't care about the bet, though, I'll do it.

Ok, it's a bet then.

As to the rest... you'll see.

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Now the Yankees have reached the ALCS, it kind of disappoints me that none of the Red Sox fans have congratulated the (in their eyes good) Yankee fans.

It might have happened on a PM of course, but I haven't seen anything on these forums.

Of course I know their disliking of the Yankees, but I'm still a bit disappointed.

Last edited by Guest; 10-10-2004, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I'm with BoSox Rule on this one. Rivera's playoff stats from years ago aren't very meaningful with regards to how well he'll do in the 2004 ALCS.
                  BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees rule
                    Now the Yankees have reached the ALCS, it kind of disappoints me that none of the Red Sox fans have congratulated the (in their eyes good) Yankee fans.

It might have happened on a PM of course, but I haven't seen anything on these forums.

Of course I know their disliking of the Yankees, but I'm still a bit disappointed.

Congratulate a Yankee fan???? You must be joking.
                    BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

• Originally posted by MudvilleMike
                      Even on NYYfans.com there were Yankee fans congratulating Red Sox fans when the swept the Angels. And I think they are way more fanatic than the Yankee fans overhere.

But it seems you will never learn. Poor guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MudvilleMike
                        Why not? I did it for you guys on your forum. One-way street?

I can confirm that on nyyfans.com, the premiere independently-run Yankee board, that many Yankee fans congratulated the Red Sox fans on their team making the ALCS.

You folks should try a simple "congrats" sometime. Wouldn't hurt.
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                          Why not? I did it for you guys on your forum. One-way street?

I can confirm that on nyyfans.com, the premiere independently-run Yankee board, that many Yankee fans congratulated the Red Sox fans on their team making the ALCS.

You folks should try a simple "congrats" sometime. Wouldn't hurt.
                          Oh well, I say why congratulate? We all knew it was going to come down to these two teams in the AL, except El Halo who I think predicted early exits for both teams.

Comment

• That's meaningless now . . .

Originally posted by Mattingly
                            Hey, Ken, I was just rummaging through my garage and found this rare item! How do you like it?

:gt
                            You should put it where it belongs . . . In the garbage. -
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• W e l l . . .

Originally posted by yankees rule
                              Now the Yankees have reached the ALCS, it kind of disappoints me that none of the Red Sox fans have congratulated the (in their eyes good) Yankee fans.

Everything up to Tuesday was merely a tune-up.
                              Let's hold the congrats for the
                              new American League Champions.
                              Ok. Check the Yankee forum . . .
                              Attached Files
                              KenFougere
                              Sr Member BB-Almanac 1998
                              Last edited by KenFougere; 10-10-2004, 06:49 PM.
                              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Pardon my interruption . . .

1 9 Straight!

Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X