• Originally posted by BoSox Rule
      :gt :gt
      Nice pic ! -
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
        Nice pic ! -
        You haven't seen anything yet. :gt

(don't look now, but here come somes Yankee fans with ring pictures...)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by BoSox Rule; 10-10-2004, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
          I'm already spoken for re betting avs & sigs. See the thread in the Brooklyn forum re who they're rooting for in the postseason.

Now then, would some of you Red Sox and Yankee fans put some avs & sigs on the table? Yourself, SoxSon, and you too, VT, all of you should bet.

ElHalo, Gaijin, dgarza, c'mon, let's put some wagers on the table and up the ante sky high, folks! Don't let this opportunity go to waste!
          Mattingly--
          Ok...we're betting on the pennant, then? Not some "who's leading after 5" kind of bet? I'll take it, Mattingly. You know I don't look too good in pinstripes, so I'm crossing my fingers. Then again, you've already been wearing red lately, haven't you? VT, come one, let's do it...why not?
          Oh, and by the way, congratulations Yankees on making it to the ALCS.
          "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
            Mattingly--
            Ok...we're betting on the pennant, then? Not some "who's leading after 5" kind of bet? I'll take it, Mattingly. You know I don't look too good in pinstripes, so I'm crossing my fingers. Then again, you've already been wearing red lately, haven't you? VT, come one, let's do it...why not?
            Oh, and by the way, congratulations Yankees on making it to the ALCS.
            Actually, Mattingly had to back out of the bet because of a pre-existing bet on this very subject that he had with some Dodgers fans. But I'd be more than willing to take the bet up.

Two weeks worth of sigs and avs to the winner of the American League Championship Series. Already got one bet lined up. Let's take some more.
            "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• ElHalo--
              Avs ok, sigs no...I don't have one now, and I don't want one. Particularly since you've got War and Peace over there.
              Ok, so avs for ElHalo and me...anyone else? VT, come on!
              "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                You should put it where it belongs . . . In the garbage. -
                Nahhhhhhhhh, why bother? Oh, did I mention something?

DADDY'S HOME!

I'll make sure you folks enjoy lots of NFL, and *ONLY* NFL real soon--starting somewhere next week!

BTW, in this thread, I've bet long-time Brooklyn Dodger fan, Jackie42, that if the Yanks don't win the pennant, I wear his current Jackie av; if they win the pennant, he wears my current Gehrig av. Those bets last until the 1st day of MLB baseball in April.

If anyone wishes to bet sigs only, that's fine by me.
                Last edited by Mattingly; 10-10-2004, 07:10 PM.
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Ok, sounds good. Avs then.
                  "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees rule
                    Even on NYYfans.com there were Yankee fans congratulating Red Sox fans when the swept the Angels. And I think they are way more fanatic than the Yankee fans overhere.

But it seems you will never learn. Poor guy.
                    If the Yankee plane crashes, I'll congratulate you.

I'm kidding...I think.
                    Last edited by MudvilleMike; 10-10-2004, 09:40 PM.
                    BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly

You folks should try a simple "congrats" sometime. Wouldn't hurt.
                      Oh, yes it would.
                      BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

• Originally posted by MudvilleMike
                        Oh, yes it would.
                        No it wouldn't. I could say Congrats and Good Luck to Boston fans with ease... and did, last night, hanging out down Bleeker Street watching the Boston fans and the Yankee fans mingle around off of Sullivan.

Doesn't hurt to like your enemy. Long as you beat them.

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

I'm kidding...I think.
                          I'm sorry to say pal, but you are (almost) as pathetic as the fanactics on NYYfans.com.

Once again. You guys are so blinded by hatred for each other, you guys will never learn.

Comment

I'm kidding...I think.
                            Originally posted by yankees rule
                            I'm sorry to say pal, but you are (almost) as pathetic as the fanactics on NYYfans.com.

Once again. You guys are so blinded by hatred for each other, you guys will never learn.
                            Both of you guys/gals can take it easy now. You know, there's a simple reason why we can have a thread like this here, but not on that other board: civility between fans of other teams.

Through no fault of the excellent Admins and Mods there, many people see it as a Yankee board and thua a target to lay the smack down. That, however, wouldn't represent the majority of quality posters there. Here, we also practice civility. I seriously doubt that since there are so many Red Sox fans on a Yankee board, they could have this kind of thread. Too much mistrust. That's why we have this thread here: so that fans of both teams can openly root for their team, throw a few zingers at their opposing fans and have mutual fun in the process.

Now then, you two should stop taking the rivalry so seriously. It's not us out there on the grass, it's our boys. That said, enjoy the games and the threads. That's all you both need to do.
                            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• I agree with Mattingly...no jokes about crashing planes and no calling each other pathetic.
                              The only reason I hung around this particular board is because of its relative civility. I get sick of fans stretching the rivalry to ridiculous proportions. I hate to send a wake-up call to everyone, but most of the rivalry has been played up by MLB to create revenue. Not to say we exactly love each other, but I think that MLB has done its best to keep us away from actually talking about the game of baseball itself.
                              Of course, do what you want to do....

Comment

• No man, I'll tell you, I do love Red Sox fans. There's always a few in Stan the Man's and the other bars along Riverside during playoff games. Great people.

Just because you root for different teams doesn't mean you can't be friends.

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X