Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like some Yankee fans too. Most of them are some of the most educated, knowledgable and smartest posters I've seen including ElHalo and yankeefan52188 at Netsports.

Comment

• Ever since some Yankee-hater (who didn't even know baseball, unlike the Yankee haters here) had some "Thurman Munson Flying Lessons" kind of "joke", I've been very wary about these attempts at humor, though I don't always let on.

You folks just chill out a bit, and I'm glad that SoxSon agrees with me. There will be much more reason to root your hardest within 24 hours, so try to at least root for your team in a positive manner. Let the ones who will be fixated to the screen as a result of the showing of the Tek/A-Rod fights, open hostilities among fans and other nonsense go elsewhere.

This is a baseball forum, and in case someone hasn't realized, I happen to participate in the Red Sox forum at times, which I enjoy. Even for Fenway's 92nd b-day, I was there. Let's all keep the peace and not buy into the hyperbole. I think we're all smarter than that, so let's just demonstrate that right here, right now!
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Here you go . . .

Originally posted by Mattingly

BTW, in this thread, I've bet long-time Brooklyn Dodger fan, Jackie42, that if the Yanks don't win the pennant, I wear his current Jackie av; if they win the pennant, he wears my current Gehrig av. Those bets last until the 1st day of MLB baseball in April.

If anyone wishes to bet sigs only, that's fine by me.
        Would you like in on this bet I have with YankeesRule? . . .
        If one team WINS the WS, the loser congratulates the world champs in their sig (In team colors & nice and large) until the 2005 season starts? -

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
          Would you like in on this bet I have with YankeesRule? . . .
          If one team WINS the WS, the loser congratulates the world champs in their sig (In team colors & nice and large) until the 2005 season starts? -
          I'll do that.

I actually like the Red Sox, for the most part. The players on that time that I dislike are mostly minor guys (Millar, who I despise; Embree; Trot Nixon; that's about it). I like the team in general and its fans.

It's just one of the central tenets of my existence that my life will never see a Red Sox WS championship. Finding out that the Sox won the series would be like finding out that they stopped making Coca Cola... wouldn't have a huge impact on my day to day existence, but would change the way I view the world on some fundamental level. Kind of off kilter.
          "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• I propose a toast . . .

Originally posted by ElHalo
            I'll do that.
            It's just one of the central tenets of my existence that my life will never see a Red Sox WS championship. Finding out that the Sox won the series would change the way I view the world on some fundamental level. Kind of off kilter.
            Here's to hoping your 'world gets rocked' . . . -

Comment

• Originally posted by ElHalo
              It's just one of the central tenets of my existence that my life will never see a Red Sox WS championship. Finding out that the Sox won the series would be like finding out that they stopped making Coca Cola... wouldn't have a huge impact on my day to day existence, but would change the way I view the world on some fundamental level. Kind of off kilter.
              I think it is silly to think you won't see a Red Sox World Series title in your life time. I don't know how old you are but I'll say it is extremely unlikely the Red Sox will go 150-180 or even 200 years between World Series championships.

They won't even go 87

Comment

• ! ! !

Originally posted by BoSox Rule
                I think it is silly to think you won't see a Red Sox World Series title in your life time. I don't know how old you are but I'll say it is extremely unlikely the Red Sox will go 150-180 or even 200 years between World Series championships.

They won't even go 87
                Please {I'm begging you}
                don't give them another reason to bring up their tired & worn-out 1918 reference again . . . h

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox Rule

They won't even go 87
                  I'm 24.

As long as I've been alive, I've known that the Cubs and the Sox (both of them) would never, ever, ever win a WS as long as I lived. It's like knowing that the Earth will never be hit by an asteroid or knowing that the sun will never go dark... I could be wrong, but if I am, it's the end of the world anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Some people have religion, some people have philosophy, some people have family or friends that hold up their psyche. Me? I have a core belief that the Red Sox will never get rings.
                  "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

I'm 24.

As long as I've been alive, I've known that the Cubs and the Sox (both of them) would never, ever, ever win a WS as long as I lived. It's like knowing that the Earth will never be hit by an asteroid or knowing that the sun will never go dark... I could be wrong, but if I am, it's the end of the world anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Some people have religion, some people have philosophy, some people have family or friends that hold up their psyche. Me? I have a core belief that the Red Sox will never get rings.
                    I consider you to be one of the smartest posters on this board, but that is probably the most rediculously cocky and arrogant thing a Yankee fan has ever said.

Comment

• Here we go . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox Rule
                        I consider you to be one of the smartest posters on this board, but that is probably the most rediculously cocky and arrogant thing a Yankee fan has ever said.
                        Um... yeah, I guess it sounds that way. I didn't mean it to sound cocky, though. It's just kind of a superstition with me.

I mean no offense to the Sox, though. In my unbiased, realistic view, the Sox and the Yanks are the two best teams in baseball, and the Sox are probably a bit better because of their starters. In my heart of hearts, finding out that the Sox won the Series would be like finding out that there's no Santa Claus.

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Think back . . .

Originally posted by BoSox Rule
                          You don't remember YankeeMan, do you? -

Comment

In my heart of hearts, finding out that the Sox won the Series would be like finding out that there's no Santa Claus.
                            El, if there was a Santa Claus, I'd have a winning lottery ticket in my pocket, the puppies could speak English, and the ORIOLES would be facing Boston in the ALCS!
                            4 5 (7) 8 20 22 33 42 (44)

Comment

• Overall . . . Sox have the edge.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigtime39
                                El, if there was a Santa Claus, I'd have a winning lottery ticket in my pocket, the puppies could speak English, and the ORIOLES would be facing Boston in the ALCS!
                                ...and the Yankees would be looking up at Toronto in the standings . . .

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X