This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by west coast orange and black
    today is my birthday and i rec'd tickets for sunday's game in boston. i am excited!

as a life-long giants fan, of course i will wear red!

can anyone tell me something about section 106?
    I'll be more than happy to show you where our seats are . . . -
    ------>BTW, my birthday is tomorrow!
    Last edited by KenFougere; 11-04-2004, 08:21 PM.
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
      I'll be more than happy to show you where our seats are . . . -
      BTW, my birthday is tomorrow!
      happy birthday, man. but what does yer post mean?
      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Would you like in on this bet I have with YankeesRule? . . .
        If one team WINS the WS, the loser congratulates the world champs in their sig (In team colors & nice and large) until the 2005 season starts? -
        I couldn't consider this a fair bet. Reason being that if the "until 2005 season starts" is from November to April, then you'd have two Yankee fans wearing this, but if we win, we'd only have you. When I'd done the "two-for-one" thing w/yourself and someone else, it was always that if I'd lost, once one person's av/sig time had expired, I'd wear the next person's av/sig. With you, this wouldn't work.

Now if you were to revise this, so that the 5 months of off-season becomes either 2.5 months apiece *OR* 5 months apiece, then I'd consider the 2-for-1 fair.

Lemme know when you have another offer on the table. However, I'll only bet someone who posts a lot, since I'm not having my av+sig all over the place while the next person lays low.
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by west coast orange and black
          happy birthday, man. but what does yer post mean?
          It was meant as a subtle hint . . . -
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• BoSox Rule and ElHalo: knock it off and get some sleep.

Yup, it's the ornery, evil Yankee fan again, so flame away!
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

ok, i need to get hit over the head. i asked about section 106.
              "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

He means in English, Ken.

You two should consider exchanging cell phone numbers, so that you can meet up at or after the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly

Now then, you two should stop taking the rivalry so seriously. It's not us out there on the grass, it's our boys. That said, enjoy the games and the threads. That's all you both need to do.
                  After seeing the tasteless thread making fun of the deaths in Rivera's family, I can definitely see your point. As a fan of European soccer, I've seen how rivalries can go too far. I HATE HATE HATE the Yankees, but only in the baseball fantasy sense (except for Steinbrenner, I really hate that guy).
                  BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
                    I agree with Mattingly...no jokes about crashing planes
                    Fair point. I apologize.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                      Both of you guys/gals can take it easy now. You know, there's a simple reason why we can have a thread like this here, but not on that other board: civility between fans of other teams.

Through no fault of the excellent Admins and Mods there, many people see it as a Yankee board and thua a target to lay the smack down. That, however, wouldn't represent the majority of quality posters there. Here, we also practice civility. I seriously doubt that since there are so many Red Sox fans on a Yankee board, they could have this kind of thread. Too much mistrust. That's why we have this thread here: so that fans of both teams can openly root for their team, throw a few zingers at their opposing fans and have mutual fun in the process.

Now then, you two should stop taking the rivalry so seriously. It's not us out there on the grass, it's our boys. That said, enjoy the games and the threads. That's all you both need to do.
                      Ok Mattingly, maybe you are right about calling Mudvillemike pathetic. Maybe I should not have to use that word.

I think that as a Dutchman, I stand way outside this feud between the Yankees and Red Sox. So I think I can be quite objective about it.
                      But I don't think it makes any sense to make jokes about planes crashing down. That's why I reacted like that. Sorry.

I respect every fan of any ballclub and I really like the way we are conversating with each other overhere (in every way better than on the other board). And as a fan it must be possible to make a joke about your opponents once in a while (like I said before: what goes around comes around), but not any sick joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElHalo
                        Finding out that the Sox won the series would be like finding out that they stopped making Coca Cola...
                        Maybe you're too young to remember, but they DID stop making Coca-Cola. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by MudvilleMike
                          Maybe you're too young to remember, but they DID stop making Coca-Cola. Seriously.
                          Yeah, New Coke and all that. But the hourglass bottles still show up in vending machines.
                          "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Hey, Ken! Like Bob Barker used to say, "Come on down!"

Comment

Which Coca-Cola? There was always regular Coca-Cola, and then when in the mid-80s when Michael Jackson came out w/his Pepsi Cola commercials (which he never even drank), Coke came out w/some sweeter "New Coke" thing to try copying Pepsi.

Bad move, since tons of devoted Coke buyers liked the distinguishing "kick" and less sweetness which the two products. It's like if Burger King made their Whopper a triple-decker, like the Big Mac.

After mass hording of regular Coke (which was then heavily marked up), they brought it back, called it "Classic Coke". it was obviously one of the biggest marketing mistakes to remove this. Didn't make sense.

Now then, if there's a peaceful game tonight, will you and ElHalo be good to each other? Just curious.

Comment

Fair point. I apologize.
                                Between "jokes" I'd heard on some smack board about Thurman Munson's death, then two certain California-bound airplanes departed from Boston and went straight to New York's former WTC, I can tell you that "jokes" about flying airplanes should definitely be taboo.

I accept your apology, and like I'd implied before, we're all neighbors here. We may root for different teams, want different results, but we're still neighbors. My own landlord is a Red Sox fan, and don't think that it's only Connecticut which is divided.

Annie and I chat peacefully all the time, but neither of us is changing sides. Differ at times, yes, but always civilly, never stepping on each other's toes. That's the way we insist upon doing things and I believe that should set the tone f/others to follow. It's a good thing to do.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X