X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Ground Control to Mjr Tom

Originally posted by BC498
    I think I might know what you are talking about.... nah.

But don't you think it would be hard to sweep with bad knees.
    Sweep? Bad knees? Mid 1980s? The only series I remember offhand between BoSox and the Mets seemed to involve Clemens, the pen and a few others, and it lasted 7 games.

Clue me in, please.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ground Control to Mjr Tom

Originally posted by Mattingly
      Sweep? Bad knees? Mid 1980s? The only series I remember offhand between BoSox and the Mets seemed to involve Clemens, the pen and a few others, and it lasted 7 games.

Clue me in, please.

- < O C T O B E R - 1 9 8 6 > -

{a recurring nightmare I get reminded of over & over & over . . . }

Maybe a fellow member might have a picture to share with us that could show what I'm trying not to talk about?
      Last edited by KenFougere; 07-01-2003, 02:03 PM.
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• As service that I'll be happy to provide...
        Attached Files
        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• They say a "picture is worth a thousand words." This one must be 2,500... at least.
          Attached Files
          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan
            They say a "picture is worth a thousand words." This one must be 2,500... at least.
            Like the rain that always comes after I wash my car....

. . . I knew I could count on you . . ._
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ground Control to Mjr Tom

Originally posted by KenFougere

- < O C T O B E R - 1 9 8 6 > -

{a recurring nightmare I get reminded of over & over & over . . . }

Maybe a fellow member might have a picture to share with us that could show what I'm trying not to talk about?
              Heck, why didn't you just say Mookie and Buckner? That would've done great.

Speaking of which, Bucky Dent was in the Green Monster seats a few weeks ago. He looked mighty good out there.
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• being a red sox fan, I don't think I should post on the similarities (both physical and .. er ... statual) between todd walker and bill buckner, but I can't help it...

Seriously, take a look at mugshots from buckner then Walker... It's disturbing.
                "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
                -Scott Stossel

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ground Control to Mjr Tom

Heck, why didn't you just say Mookie and Buckner? That would've done great.
                  Ken
                  I hate using direct & obvious humor. Besides, it's not nearly as much fun!

Speaking of which, Bucky Dent was in the Green Monster seats a few weeks ago. He looked mighty good out there.
                  Ken
                  It's a shame the wind didn't blow him in the opposite direction of his '78 pop fly!
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

• Without checking, I'd bet the Red Sox lead the league in blown saves...It's just unbelievable.
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                      Without checking, I'd bet the Red Sox lead the league in blown saves...It's just unbelievable.
                      Wouldn't that be the very reason why I'm looking forward to this weekend's matchup? Just think, Pedro's only got 6 wins this season. Weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                        Wouldn't that be the very reason why I'm looking forward to this weekend's matchup? Just think, Pedro's only got 6 wins this season. Weird.
                        It's sad, we could easily have 8-10 more wins...
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                          It's sad, we could easily have 8-10 more wins...
                          It's all Bill James' fault. He figured that any pitcher could hold a 3-run lead in a single inning, but forgetting that it could be a 1-run lead, or even a tie and the closer's trying to get the win, not the save.

We'll see how well Kim works out. Hopefully, as well as 2 Octobers ago.

Anyway, hope you had lotsa fun in Tampa Bay.

Comment

• Man. I knew Yankee and Boston fans hated each other but this is nuts. You guys just keep going and going and going..........

Give it a rest guys, you still have three months of baseball left (although if the Sox don't watch it they won't be in contention after July is over).
                            Go crazy folks. Go crazy!

-Jack Buck on Ozzie Smith's game winning home run in Game 5 of the 85 playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardinals03
                              Man. I knew Yankee and Boston fans hated each other but this is nuts. You guys just keep going and going and going....
                              I don't know about them, but we run on the Energizer...
                              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Let's hope the rockets have a Red glare in New York this weekend!

F I N A L - S C O R E
                                Red Sox 10 Yankees 3

* 7 Red Sox rocketed HR's for 7 runs

* 2 Yankee solo HR's

******* B O O M *******

SEVEN Rockets Glared Red Today!
                                Last edited by KenFougere; 07-04-2003, 07:17 PM.
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X