Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a reason why Leskanic is allowed to touch a baseball? THIS IS PATHETIC.

Comment

• Wakefield as a reliever?????????

What about game four???

Comment

• Game FOUR won't mean [anything] if we don't win GAME THREE.

NOTE: 4-lettered word removed.

--Matt
        Last edited by Mattingly; 10-16-2004, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• This lengthy game isn't a pitchers duel.

The Sox just can't come out of an inning unscaved...
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• OK guys. I'll get some sleep.

I hope that Loaiza won't show up. Then we're doomed!

Have fun watching the game.

Good night. Don't let anyone who's lying next to you bite!!

Comment

• The Sounds Of Silence

So much for High Baseball "Drama",What an Dismal Display Of Championship caliber baseball on display by the eternally doomed Boston Red Sox.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees rule
                Wakefield as a reliever?????????

What about game four???
                I think he should've brought in Lowe. Tek catching Wakefield is like asking for trouble, seeing his personal catcher's Mirabelli.
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957

Comment

• Originally posted by ElHalo
                  I am giving you a break.

I didn't claim we were gonna get Pedro.
                  Man, could you stop being such a homer sometimes? I mean, we're not expected to have every single GM hand over whoever we feel like. Let's just play w/the guys we're given.

Looking at today's game, both #3 starters stunk. Fortunately, we've got an extra starter who can work the game. Wakefield's knuckler probably didn't work or likely wasn't used often w/Tek catching.

Pujols is under contract, let him stay in St Louis. We don't need to steal Rolen also, even though I'd love to have him. Please, just chill out a bit w/the optimism that we'll get every single player available.

Thanks.
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Red Sox fans:

Depending upon how this game turns out, do you think that, since Wakefield pitched today, we see Lowe in Game 4, or Pedro?

Just a question, so please take no offense, as I'm simply asking about a baseball decision that Francona will likely make, and what you all think of which decision should be made.

Thx.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                      Red Sox fans:

Depending upon how this game turns out, do you think that, since Wakefield pitched today, we see Lowe in Game 4, or Pedro?

Just a question, so please take no offense, as I'm simply asking about a baseball decision that Francona will likely make, and what you all think of which decision should be made.

Thx.
                      I want to see Pedro in what could be (even if it is the slightest of chances) his last game in Sox uniform. And if we even want ANY chance of making history, we need a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox Rule
                        I want to see Pedro in what could be (even if it is the slightest of chances) his last game in Sox uniform. And if we even want ANY chance of making history, we need a win.
                        That's what I figured. They were saying on Fox that they'd originally wanted Pedro on an extra day's rest (Game 5), rather than regular rest (Game 4). I might have misheard that, since Pedro pitched on Wednesday, meaning that Thu, Fri, Sat are all rest days. If he worked on Sunday, he'd be on short rest (3 days).

I still think that Francona erred by having Wakefield and Tek be the longman battery. Since he obviously needed offense, why not use Lowe as today's (Saturday's) longman? Then Wake could work Game 4. The Yanks have always had a hard time w/Wake, since his knuckler's unorthodox. With Tek catching him over an extended period, holding back on his knuckler made it more difficult, I think.

Why don't you Red Sox fans tell me how you feel about using Wake instead of Lowe?

BTW, please see the "Can Boston come back?" thread, which I'd closed then reopened. Your reply is awaiting.

Comment

• No doubt!
                          I knew we'd win all along! -

Attached Files
                          Last edited by KenFougere; 10-17-2004, 11:31 PM.
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                            WOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :gt
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                              If these walls could only talk, the world would be a dangerous place!

Comment

• umm....

Originally posted by Mattingly
                                If these walls could only talk, the world would be a dangerous place!
                                - What? - :o
                                Last edited by KenFougere; 10-17-2004, 11:40 PM.
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X