Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy, I thought A-Rod had more class than that... he almost got away with a fast one.

Those cops just wanted to get close to the action.
    beware of the censorship police

Comment

• Originally posted by burger eater
      Boy, I thought A-Rod had more class than that... he almost got away with a fast one.

Those cops just wanted to get close to the action.
      that's baseball kid

i didn't know he had the balls to try something like that

Comment

• I admire players who give their all to win...but I expect them to play within the rules.

Alex Rodriguez's act of knocking the ball out of Arroyo's glove was a deliberate, flagrant attempt to CHEAT...to break the rules.

It was a shameful act...as was the behavior of the Yankee fans when the call went against their team.

But this Brooklyn Dodger fan who's rooting for the Sox, is convinced that, for tonight at least, there is a God.

Comment

• He knew he was busted too... he managed a smirky "what" after the umps reversed the call. If he really thought he was innocent, he would've charged that umpire like George Brett.

that's baseball kid

Thanks for the advice, dad...
          not only does he have the balls but he earned his abbeviated name tonite.
          beware of the censorship police

Comment

• Wow . . .
            Schilling stepped up to the plate . . . BIG-TIME!
            Last edited by KenFougere; 10-19-2004, 11:19 PM.
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by tonjes
              that's baseball kid

I've never viewed cheating as courageous. That's not the baseball I love.
              BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
                The playoffs suck this year.
                You never know on the internet, but I sure hope this is sarcasm. I kind of feel sorry for the Astros-Cardinals fans who are witnessing an amazing series that is being totally ignored. I don't see how you can get any better than the AL&NLCS.
                BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

• Originally posted by MudvilleMike
                  I kind of feel sorry for the Astros-Cardinals fans who are witnessing an amazing series that is being totally ignored.
                  nah, no need for pity. the cards/astros don't need excessive media attention to validate their accomplishments or the fact that their playing a hell of a series as well.

...it is nice to see an intelligent fan acknowledge them from time to time, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by shlevine42
                    I admire players who give their all to win...but I expect them to play within the rules.

Alex Rodriguez's act of knocking the ball out of Arroyo's glove was a deliberate, flagrant attempt to CHEAT...to break the rules.

It was a shameful act...as was the behavior of the Yankee fans when the call went against their team.
                    Speaking as someone who, two years after getting the ball ripped out of his hand in a very similar play (at home plate) STILL doesn't have full mobility in his left (glove) thumb, it's also the type of play where someone can get hurt. Pay-Rod (and Jeter, with his little sulk in the dugout) showed their true colors last night, as did the Yankee$ fan$.
                    GO RED SOX!
                    4 5 (7) 8 20 22 33 42 (44)

Comment

• Originally posted by tonjes
                      nah, no need for pity. the cards/astros don't need excessive media attention to validate their accomplishments or the fact that their playing a hell of a series as well.

...it is nice to see an intelligent fan acknowledge them from time to time, though.
                      I have a terrible problem with the Cards-Astros series...I DON'T WANT EITHER TEAM TO LOSE!
                      As a collector, I have had very positive dealings with, and warm feelings for, both organizations. I wish they both could win. Either way, both organizations are, in my book anyway, winners.
                      4 5 (7) 8 20 22 33 42 (44)

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                        Schilling stepped up to the plate . . . BIG-TIME!
                        Hi KenFougère,

Do you have my avatar and signature ready?

Somehow I don't have a good feeling about the ending tonight. :noidea :noidea

I'm affraid that the Yankees will screw up.

The last years I haven't been nervous about the Yanks in the playoffs, but now I really am.

But I still... GO YANKEES!!!!!!

Comment

• Babe, Bucky, Buckner, Boone..... I'd advise the Red Sox to be very careful tonight when pitching to Bernie Williams(and possibly Bubba Crosby)

Comment

• Results of a CBS Sportsline Poll . . .

Ken Fougère

Comment

• Not quite the bet . . .

Originally posted by yankees rule
                              Hi KenFougère,

Do you have my avatar and signature ready?
                              The bet {below} is only when either Boston or NY wins the World Series . . .

How about, if one team WINS the WS, the loser congratulates the world champs in their sig (In team colors & nice and large) until the 2005 season starts?
                              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by insanefishpossay
                                Babe, Bucky, Buckner, Boone..... I'd advise the Red Sox to be very careful tonight when pitching to Bernie Williams(and possibly Bubba Crosby)
                                Don't forget that Kevin Brown is pitching tonight, I think.

Hey, Ken, if your sig line isn't spoken for in a bet already, then sigs through the end of the offseason. I'll take the same bet from whoever replies *BEFORE* 8pm ET (GMT -5 hrs, by the forum clock).
                                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X