• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly
    Repeat after me!

I feel guilty!
    The Yankees are still the better team!
    We will never conceivably reach our 26th championship before the year 3018!
    We were lucky!
    It didn't happen!
    The Yankee fans are losing track of their championships! Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have 26 already??

Can't blame you, though. I might lose count, too.
    EAMUS CATULI!
    AC036198

Comment

• 3 times the size of the Patriots parades . . .
      I just couldn't resist . . .
      Over 3.5 Million fans lined 8 miles of Boston's streets and the Charles River shoreline to cheer their World Series Champions . . .
      :gt
      Last edited by KenFougere; 10-30-2004, 09:46 PM. Reason: 3 times the size of the Patriots parades . . .
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by DODGER DEB
        A little bit of history here.......OUR Ralph Branca wore #13 prior to THAT October 3, 1951 playoff game (you know, the Giants and that Bobby Thomson guy). Well, after THAT horrific experience, Ralph got rid of his #13 and wore #12 for the remainder of the time he was with OUR DODGERS! It didn't change a thing....but, with all the "bad luck" attached to #13 it is a wonder than ANY ML player wears it, considering how superstitious they ALL are.

c.
        #13 is a pretty strange number. Jim Leyritz wore this in 1996 and hit a game-tying HR in the WS against Atlanta. I obviously never hurt him, since my fellow Yankee fans all remember this (even the ones just 19 or or years old).

Alex couldn't wear his old number--#3--since you-know-who has it retired in his name. Yet Edgar Renteria, who made the last out in the WS wore--you guessed it--not, #13, but #3. That's a head-scratcher, if you ask me! (but don't tell Ken)

If I were Ralph Branca, after that most unfortunate event linking the two similarly to Mookie and Buckner 35 years later, I'd have changed my number also. Ballplayers are said to be highly superstitious, like the fans, so that doesn't surprise me.

Thanks for the history lesson, Deb! Anyway, how do you like my byoodeeful new av?!
        Last edited by Mattingly; 10-31-2004, 11:15 AM.
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by ndistops
          The Yankee fans are losing track of their championships! Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have 26 already??

Can't blame you, though. I might lose count, too.
          You do, of course know, that Ken and I do this all the time, correct? Cheesy zings are a staple here, my friend!
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
            I just couldn't resist . . .
            Over 3.5 Million fans lined 8 miles of Boston's streets and the Charles River shoreline to cheer their World Series Champions . . .
            :gt
            Don't worry, Ken, thanks to you, 2090 is just around the corner! :gt

Geez, and it's not even 2018 yet. Oh well, what can I say?

Comment

Bud Lite obviously is trying to rub this into George's nose.

As if watching the Red Sox win the World Series on TV wasn't bad enough, the Yankees will have to watch their rivals raise their World Series flag next April in person.

As first reported by the Daily News' Bill Madden during the ALDS, the Yanks will travel to Boston for the Red Sox's home opener on April 12. [/url]
              Hmmm...............maybe George will be able to convince Bud to reverse the decision and let them go back to Japan for the season opener

By the way - I am enjoying this thread even more since the WS - way to go KenFourgere and other Sox fans......enjoy your moment. It won't be the last either.
              "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

• Originally posted by DownUnderDodger
                Hmmm...............maybe George will be able to convince Bud to reverse the decision and let them go back to Japan for the season opener

By the way - I am enjoying this thread even more since the WS - way to go KenFougere and other Sox fans......enjoy your moment. It won't be the last either.
                Yankees open in Japan in 2005?

NO WAY! They have a date in Boston.

*BTW, I understand Jeter has requested that he be one to raise the Red Sox World Series Championship Flag and pass out some jewelry at Fenway Park on opening day . . .
                . . . and thank-you for your best wishes!
                Last edited by KenFougere; 11-01-2004, 11:35 PM. Reason: Just to bust 'em on Matt . . .
                Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by DownUnderDodger

By the way - I am enjoying this thread even more since the WS - way to go KenFourgere and other Sox fans......enjoy your moment. It won't be the last either.
                  Pssssssssssssssst! Please remind Ken and the other Bahstunned types that he can say "THIS IS OUR YEAR!" in 2090. Should be fun. Knowing me, I'll probably sneak in a "1918" somewhere there, homer that I am.

Comment

[INDENT][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]Yankees open in Japan in 2005?

NO WAY! They have a date in Boston.
                    I'm not so sure about that Japan thing. Players were tired afterwards. Besides, no more Ricoh ads on the armsleeves for me!
                    Originally posted by KenFougere
                    *BTW, I understand Jeter has requested that he be one to raise the Red Sox World Series Championship Flag and pass out some jewelry at Fenway Park on opening day . . .
                    Jeter, 4; Red Sawx Nation, 1

Sorry, dude, there was no "Nation" back in ... 1918!
                    Originally posted by KenFougere
                    . . . and thank-you for your best wishes!
                    I'll have a tea party and hide that piece of jewelry of which you speak! You'll never see it again! :gt
                    Last edited by Mattingly; 11-01-2004, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Tisk, tisk . . .

Originally posted by Mattingly

Sorry, dude, there was no "Nation" back in ... 1918!
                      I'll have a tea party and hide that piece of jewelry of which you speak! You'll never see it again! :gt
                      --> Bitter, bitter, bitter . . .
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Try, (again) to remember this!

Originally posted by Mattingly
                        The last time I checked, this is in the 'Current' Events thread . . .
                        Let's see now...help me out on this . . .
                        Who are the 'Current' World Series Champions?
                        Last edited by KenFougere; 11-04-2004, 09:25 PM.
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

Let me guess... The Toledo Mudhens?????????
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees rule
                            Let me guess... The Toledo Mudhens?????????
                            Wrong. Toledo Mudhen breath.
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

[/IMG][/INDENT]
                              1918 Red Sawx, with the help of Babe Ruth, of course!

Comment

1918 Red Sawx, with the help of Babe Ruth, of course!
                                - 1918. Current ? -
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X