Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, yankees broke a franchise record today...

too bad it was for most home runs allowed...

Even billy mueller had 2
    "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
    -Scott Stossel

Comment

• At least Nomar didn't hit one, and that's all I have to say about today's game.

Comment

• Calling all Yankee fans:

Isn't it funny how the Yankee fans get quite when they are stomped on. They are always loud when they are winning. Where are you guys today????? Can't face the BoSox fans since you got punked on? I guarantee that they will be all over this thread when/if they beat Boston tomorrow or Sunday.
        Go crazy folks. Go crazy!

-Jack Buck on Ozzie Smith's game winning home run in Game 5 of the 85 playoffs.

Comment

• Least I forget

Wasn't that thoughtful of Boston to remember George's birthday and set off seven rockets in his honor!___
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Calling all Yankee fans:

Originally posted by cardinals03
            Isn't it funny how the Yankee fans get quite when they are stomped on. They are always loud when they are winning. Where are you guys today????? Can't face the BoSox fans since you got punked on? I guarantee that they will be all over this thread when/if they beat Boston tomorrow or Sunday.
            Punked on? Have you ever heard of having fun sometime? If you're that strict, then where were you when the Yanks swept the Cards last month?

I was outside today. Did you see me posting anytime during the game? What was there to run from? Check the calendar and the temperature, quite a few people were outside.
            Last edited by Mattingly; 07-04-2003, 11:13 PM.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Re: Re: Calling all Yankee fans:

Originally posted by Mattingly
              Punked on?
              I see under your avatar {the Babe's picture} you're rooting for the same outcome this season as happened in 1918...
              Your support is greatly appreciated!
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• I'm not ducking the BoSux -- It's (was) the 4th of July!

Besides, "In YankeeLand, there is only ONE measure of success" -- please see text below.
                WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• I must need new glasses

Originally posted by YankeeMan
                  I'm not ducking the BoSox --
                  Besides, "In YankeeLand, there is only ONE measure of success" -- please see my sig text.
                  Dam it. I must be in the "History of the Game" forum by mistake again!
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Calling all Yankee fans:

Originally posted by KenFougere
                    I see under your avatar {the Babe's picture} you're rooting for the same outcome this season as happened in 1918...
                    Your support is greatly appreciated!
                    Nah. I figure whenever Yankee fans say "1918", they mean you haven't won it all since then. I figure since the Babe helped you win... Hmmm, maybe I do need to change my text. Let me think of something.

BTW, how did that play work out? The sale had to be worth something.
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• I knew that would get a rise out of you guys. My point was that if you would have smashed the BoSox yesterday I am pretty sure you would have made time to come in and lower the BOOM.
                      Go crazy folks. Go crazy!

-Jack Buck on Ozzie Smith's game winning home run in Game 5 of the 85 playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardinals03
                        I knew that would get a rise out of you guys. My point was that if you would have smashed the BoSox yesterday I am pretty sure you would have made time to come in and lower the BOOM.
                        You can get all the rise out of me you want to. Did you even bother to read my reply?

Yesterday was the 4th of July. One of the biggest outdoor days in the year. Why would I be expected to spend the entire day posting online about a game I could always get a replay on YES tonight? Didn't both YankeeMan and myself reply when the game was over?

I still don't know where you were when the Yanks swept the Cards, so I wouldn't be overly judgmental of others if I were you.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Calling all Yankee fans:

Originally posted by Mattingly
                          Nah. I figure whenever Yankee fans say "1918", they mean you haven't won it all since then. I figure since the Babe helped you win... Hmmm, maybe I do need to change my text. Let me think of something.

BTW, how did that play work out? The sale had to be worth something.
                          It was for money. Whatever the price, I think you edged us out on the deal...
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Calling all Yankee fans:

It was for money. Whatever the price, I think you edged us out on the deal...
                            Yeah, isn't that what a sale is? Buy someone for cash? I guess that's where that "bought" thing came from.

Interestingly, Boston had also bought Ruth, but from Jack Dunn of hte Baltimore O's farm system. I guess that Harry Frazee's sale became more infamous because Babe was becoming a big star, and then became one later on?

Oh well, happy to offer friendly reminders.

Comment

• I Love New York

Comment

• Re: I Love New York

Now that you've messed up the grounds, we'll send you a large bill for the cleanup and broken chairs and stuff. If Theo broke any more windows, we'll send you a bill for that too.

Too much partying at our expense. No fair, no fair!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X