This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention all Beantowners:

I'll return to this thread shortly. In the meanwhile, let me hand you all a meager ration of food, some cold seafood chowda, and a 2-day old copy of the Globe. No WEEI or NESN for you!

In the meanwhile, enjoy your day of fresh air, and <ahnuld'svoice>Ah'll be back</ahnuld'svoice> this weekend. Now then, y'all keep yourselves happy, stretch out a bit. It's cramped in that dark and leaky trunk, but please enjoy the lightly-buttered day-old bread and lukewarm Bronx tap water I've supplied you with. Hey, I should add some gator-ade soon--preferably with a real NYC sewer 'gator!

Yours truly,

--George III
    Last edited by Mattingly; 02-11-2005, 06:49 AM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• It may surprise you Matt..

but I've taken courses at MIT, and Har-vard, too. Being reminded of George III, and George II before coffee is not nice. Did you know this site had a popup of George II telling me to tell my senator how good George II's Social Security plan is? I had a long talk with my firewall.

Now, Annie, is the Mattbot a mini robot, or a virus, or part of each? Persistent lil crittter, viruslike. Lives under the spacebar, and hops on keys, mechanical. Let's use some tweezers to get it, put in one of Dr. McCoy's vials, along with a mini Y uniform. Slide under the microscope. Gee, a mini Borg. U-G-L-Y.

We'll keep it stashed in safe place until first batting practice, then show picture of it to Manny or Ortiz, and let them hit it to Mars. Conditions for "life" are developing. Hmm...do we want that kind of life that close?

Let's bat it to George II. He'll take it to Texas, and feed it to an armadillo. Or a rattlesnake. Or sneak it in with George III's stomach pills? What do you think Annie?

Matt borgbot, Annie and I are not in the trunk, we had a nice brunch of red fannel hash and Veremont sharp cheese, went shopping for Red Sox gear (gotta make sure have enough that says WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS 2004 ), will relax watching a movie of the last few games of the series, then have a nice dinner of lobstah pie at the Maine diner. Then we take the train down to Florida.

Gotta be there to watch the players do their stretches, and encourage them. Onnly time I get to see Varitek without five trillion layers of stuff hiding that fine bod.
      Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
      Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Cubs Vs. Cards

Who is kidding here who....in my mind, it is Cubs Vs. Cards....

As far as I am concerned, I wish the the New Madrid Fault would cut loose and push the Mississippi River directly across Busch Stadium.

Of course I am not opinionated, just a Cub fan....

Comment

• Psssssssssst, CuriousBoston-bot:

George III = George Michael Steinbrenner, III (aka, "Steingrabber", according to my fave 'toonist, Bill Gallo).

George Walker Bush (aka, Bush43) isn't a "II" or "III", since his father's name is George Herbert Walker Bush (aka, Bush41). Since they don't have the same name, one is the "elder" or the "younger", not a legal "II", "2d" or "Jr".

Now then, let's leave politics by the wayside (no politics is an official forum policy), since the only GWB I like to discuss is the George Washington Bridge, which connects Fort Lee, NJ to upper Manhattan, and thusly, a *BEYOOOOODEFUL* Evil Empire Headquarters/palace in the South Bronx.

I guess that the bridge where the neighborhood of "Washington Heights" (aka, "George Washington Heights"), where Manny grew up in, came from.

http://www.nycroads.com/crossings/george-washington/

Last edited by Mattingly; 02-12-2005, 11:56 AM.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Some corrections, Mattbot...

1. They are George I, II, and III to me, since they all share qualities. Yes, Steingrabber is acceptable, & I wonder who really used it first.

2. I am not a bot. YOU were the one who said you lived in your computer, and anyone who has four open copies of Exploder at once, well...

3. If Annie and I take the train from Maine to Florida, will it go ovah that bridge? Maybe we'll rent one of those nice big teak sailboats, with a crew of Harvard and Georgia Tech baseball players to take care of us. Maybe Tek has a cousin or two that is lookable...
            Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
            Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Why isn't that thread called Yankee fans vs. Red Sox fans or something or that nature?
              2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
                Why isn't that thread called Yankee fans vs. Red Sox fans or something or that nature?
                - Shh! . . . {No one knows.} -

Comment

• I can fix that.

Comment

• Astros-Cubs?

I kinda like the Astros-Cubs games, theyre almost always pretty intense games. Especially since the spat between Oswalt and Michael Barrett last year. Not much historic value, but as long as I've been following the Astros (1986 or so), the Astros-Cubs games have always been highlighted on my schedules.

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                      - Shh! . . . {No one knows.} -
                      Probably because Ken is the only one who's agreed to deal with my punishment. Hey, I guess everyone else is too smart to avoid the inevitable. No wonder he's locked away in my trunk. I should remove the laptop from there.

Oh, don't mind the MIT/Hah-vahd flunkie. We get 'em all the time.

*grinning, running & ducking!* :gt

Now if you can get some 'stros fan in here, Hank, then you too (or you two) can have your very own Bitter Rivalry, dishing the dirt & zinging the mud back & forth.

BTW, I'm curious, why'd you change the thread title? I thought that fans of all teams could come in here and feel free to post, even if only fans of two teams have posted.
                      Last edited by Mattingly; 02-13-2005, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Just for my own amusement. I thought you'd change it back and say, "cut that out!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                          Now if you can get some 'stros fan in here, Hank, then you too (or you two) can have your very own Bitter Rivalry, dishing the dirt & zinging the mud back & forth.
                          The problem is there are only about three Astros fans who visit each month. The Astros aren't lucky enough to have bandwagon fans like the Red Sox and Yankees.

Comment

Just for my own amusement. I thought you'd change it back and say, "cut that out!"
                            Me, I'm too tired to be grumpy. You see to be in "rare form" this week, so I figured I'd run with that.

BTW, was it "Rivals" or "Rivalry"? I think it was the latter.

Comment

• I don't know, nor do I care. I think people will still recognize it. You did.

Comment

The problem is there are only about three Astros fans who visit each month. The Astros aren't lucky enough to have bandwagon fans like the Red Sox and Yankees.
                                Eh, lots of bandwagoners out there. All those brand new blue caps with the red "B" in the middle has me wondering.

I'm sure there are several Cards fans here who could keep you amused. Dodger Deb has told us about the WAR back then, much stronger than BoSox-Yanks right now.

After making it to Game 7 of the NLCS and with Rocket as the ace, I'm surprised there aren't more 'Stros fans here. Whatever happened to that nolanryan5714 guy?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X