This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly
    Oh goshkies, how the dead and depressed suddenly awake once their luck kicks in. Any TB fans here to lay the smack down? Ahhhhh, I feel like such a glutton for punishment today.

Now then, wazzup w/Arroyo? He's doing mighty fine these days. I'll trade him for Kevin Brown and we can take up a collection to pay all of his salary. I'll leave clean up that rusty, nasty, tobaccy-strewn trunk, clean up the hog mess that's dried up in there since about 1990 or so, and even fumigate it (like that'll do some good). Hey, how about it?

Now that the Boids and the Sox are still heating it up, I hereby commandeth thee to cool off like an ice cube and stop winning. Let the winning ways return to the Yankees, where it rightfully should be. The Yankees will be powerful and invincible once again. Hopefully, sometime this year.

Hiya, CB! :gt

No WAY is King George getting his pinstriped paws on our Bronson! Tell you what: you can buy his CD when it comes out in July, 'cause that's as close as yer gonna get!

It's not just luck, my friend, it's KARMA! Now... I command YOU into the trunk! *zaps lightning from fingertips* And your little dog, too! AAAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

Comment

• Originally posted by VTSoxFan
      No WAY is King George getting his pinstriped paws on our Bronson! Tell you what: you can buy his CD when it comes out in July, 'cause that's as close as yer gonna get!

It's not just luck, my friend, it's KARMA! Now... I command YOU into the trunk! *zaps lightning from fingertips* And your little dog, too! AAAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!
      Annie forgets that I can pick any trunk lock, since I've got so many of them. One for each BoSox fan out there. Like PT once said, "There a sucker (errrrrrrrr, BoSox fan) born every minute!"

I'll trade you Bronson's CD for Bernie's.

I say it's luck and it'll run out shortly. Moose just pitched a CG/SHO, but struggled in the 9th. At least the pen was spared, but we'll need to worry about his next start.

Now then, hand over your Youkilis, Bronson, Ortiz, and in return, we'll hand you our aged, unperforming and overpaid vets who've seen better days (far better than the present). We'll have all the big stars make a splash when they sink in Bahstunned Hah-bah.
      :gt
      Last edited by Mattingly; 05-07-2005, 01:31 PM.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Annie forgets that I can pick any trunk lock, since I've got so many of them. One for each BoSox fan out there. Like PT once said, "There a sucker (errrrrrrrr, BoSox fan) born every minute!"

I'll trade you Bronson's CD for Bernie's.

I say it's luck and it'll run out shortly. Moose just pitched a CG/SHO, but struggled in the 9th. At least the pen was spared, but we'll need to worry about his next start.

Now then, hand over your Youkilis, Bronson, Ortiz, and in return, we'll hand you our aged, unperforming and overpaid vets who've seen better days (far better than the present). We'll have all the big stars make a splash when they sink in Bahstunned Hah-bah.
        :gt
        What about Tek? It would be the ultimate humiliation for the Beantowners, if he would play for the Yankees.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees rule
          What about Tek? It would be the ultimate humiliation for the Beantowners, if he would play for the Yankees.
          Yeah, he could back up Jorge. Either that or be the bullpen catcher. If we need 'im, we'll call him out. Of course, he must bow whenever he sees the Yankee fans and talk smack to the Beantowners. Yeah, that's the ticket!
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Yeah, he could back up Jorge. Either that or be the bullpen catcher. If we need 'im, we'll call him out. Of course, he must bow whenever he sees the Yankee fans and talk smack to the Beantowners. Yeah, that's the ticket!
            Oh ya . . . Like that's going to happen . . .

Comment

• Wow! 18 innings of shut-out pitching. Congrats!

:noidea - Now, where does Oakland rank on team offense? -

Comment

No WAY is King George getting his pinstriped paws on our Bronson!
                Annie, don't worry!
                There's two things preventing that ever to happen . . .
                1. He's not old enough to collect social security.
                2. His ERA isn't over 7!

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere

Right where we needed them to be.

Comment

Wow! 18 innings of shut-out pitching. Congrats!

Against the Mighty Yankee rotation, they were silenced, as expected. Now then, were you foolishly expecting something else?

Thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Yankees (finally) win! :gt

Comment

• We'll allow you 2 wins per week, and you've used up your quota. Go Mariners!
                      --Annie
                      Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                      Remember Yellowdog
                      ABNY

Comment

Against the Mighty Yankee rotation, they were silenced, as expected. Now then, were you foolishly expecting something else?

Thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Yankees (finally) win! :gt

Get a grip, Matt..... try to control yourself!

It was only two wins!

c.

Comment

Oh ya . . . Like that's going to happen . . .
                          The following was found somewhere on redsox.com, but I can't seem to locate the link:

Jason Varitek Dishes the Dirt on the Beantowners

May 9, 2005
                          Russell Earl "Bucky" Dent

Segments of this article were co-written by Aaron "Bleepin'" Boone and George Herman Ruth, Jr

NITWITNESS NEWS

The following is an interview in which the interim Red Sawx captain, Jason Varitek abandons the sinking ship and signs with the real AL East team, and dishes the dirt on them all. Here now the news, as told to NESN's own Jerry "Remdog" Remy.

REMDOG: Did you *REALLY* accept a position as the *BACKUP* catcher to the Yankees, Tek?

VARITEK: Yup, they're my idols. Certainly a lot better than that chump team Iw as with before. Old what'shis faces they are.

REMDOG: Please change your mind. We even have a sorry-faced caller, Ken Fougere on the line. Tek, please let him change your mind.

LI'L KEN FROM BAHSTUNNED: Tek, you've always been my favorite. Even CB over here loves you (in more ways that I can explain in this phone call). Anyway, why would you abandon us like this?

VARITEK: Simple. I decided that last October was merely pot luck, and 2090 won't get here anytime soon. I'd rather join forces with a real team, them thar Mighty Yankees and win a 5th ring while backing up Jorge Posada. Hey, these pinstripes fit me nicely!

LI'L KEN FROM BAHSTUNNED: Awwwwwwwwwww, Tek! h

CURIOUS BOSTON: Don't do it, Varitek, don't!

VARITEK: Sorry, loserboys and losergirls, a man's gotta do what he's gotta do. Now I'm proudly a pinstriped-wearing member of the Evil Empire!

Comment

• Originally posted by DODGER DEB

It was only two wins!

c.
                            You're a bit too late for that one. Didja see my last post in this thread?

Hiya, Deb!

Comment

We'll allow you 2 wins per week, and you've used up your quota. Go Mariners!
                              Yeah, but those 3-game weeks are gonna kill the schedule.

How about one win against Boston on Friday, another on Saturday, and Sunday will be another week, so another win will help. How's that? :gt

Start spreadin' the News!
                              I'm leavin' today.
                              New York, New York!

Sing it, Frankie!

*smiles the evil ear-to-ear grinny thingy & dashes outta here!*

Comment

• Originally posted by DODGER DEB

It was only two wins!

c.
                                Yes DD, indeed WAS...

Now we have a winning streak of an enormous three games. We're on our way to the play offs again...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X