This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just beat me to it Matt.

It's like I've been saying all along, its not fair to look at the Yankees' payroll unless you include the rest of the players still taking a paycheck from Steinbrennrer. Just look at good ol' employee Wells.

Comment

• BC498, we're gonna have to give Ken some of his own nasty medicine:

A's bats have booming success

Clap, clap, clap-clap-clap

Hiya, Ken!
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by DownUnderDodger
        Love the map YR :o There are more Dykes in California than there are Dikes in Holland And yes Holland, as in the little country of tulips....is very nice. The last time I was there (with work) though, in Spring of 2001, it was a late winter and the promised tulips were still in bed - in fact it even snowed one day as I walked to work. So I guess being taken to Holland, as in the little country of tulips....is not that much of a torture. Let us say I was thinking of Holland Vermont!
        It worked! Thanks for sending me to Holland, VT! I have a sister who lives 10 miles from there. She's a huge Varitek fan, and gets NESN on satellite! Wheeeee!
        --Annie
        Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
        Remember Yellowdog
        ABNY

Comment

• Well, the Yanks' gazillion-game win streak was finally broken last night after Jason Giambi went down look on 3 pitches, so our boys lost 7-6. :grouchy

At least we kept it close, were aggressive on the basepaths to the end, had 2 men on. Had young rook Robinson Cano not GIDP'd in the 8th after Bernie's leadoff walk, it might've been another story. Sheffield was out by half a country mile at 3B in the 9th (great play by the SS Wilson Valdez).

We had our chances, including "Everyday" Eddie Guardado being out because of a new bundle of joy coming into the household. Still, Posada got a "hit" after the same SS couldn't pick up the ball.

At least despite our #3 pitcher's lesser performances, *WE* never gave up two touchdowns + the extra point. It took us all of *NINE* innings to cough up 7 runs and 3 ugly errors, instead of *NINE* runs over *2 INNINGS*. (that's a hint to those Beantowners out there)

Now then, I say Shea Hey, let's bring on the Mets, take the #7 train to Willis Pt and say what our neighbors to the east can do as the Yanks hit the road again, just a few miles away from home.
          Last edited by Mattingly; 05-19-2005, 08:05 AM.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Awwwww, do I hear a Yankee fan throwing his teddy into the corner? "But I wanted an eleven game win streak!" he mutters, and kicks the wall. "I know I already had ten, but I wanna win another!"

There, there. See, I knew you shouldn't use up your win-allotment all at once.

The World Champion Red Sox will bounce back, never fear. They're back at home sweet home, where the bats are more comfy, in America's Most Beloved Ballpark. Then it's off to COOOOOPERSTOWN for the HOF game (okay, so it's an exhibition, but it sure has a nice ring to it ).

There's that word again, "ring." Seems to me I've heard that word a lot lately, in conjunction with Red Sox.
            --Annie
            Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
            Remember Yellowdog
            ABNY

Comment

• Originally posted by VTSoxFan
              They're back at home sweet home, where the bats are more comfy, in America's Most Beloved Ballpark.
              I didn't know the Sox were coming to the Bronx.
              "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                I don't think we'll have to.
                Next ALCS, I doubt it'll take us that long to erase you guys . . .
                You sure you're even going to the ALCS? Don't forget what happened to the 2002 Diamondbacks and the 2003 Halos. Phfffffffzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Oh, I think I've got a new teddy bear to keep you comfy. Gee, Ken, I think he wants to say hello. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                  You sure you're even going to the ALCS? Don't forget what happened to the 2002 Diamondbacks and the 2003 Halos. Phfffffffzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Oh, I think I've got a new teddy bear to keep you comfy. Gee, Ken, I think he wants to say hello. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

2001 World Series (4-3): Arizona Diamondbacks (92-70) over New York Yankees (95-65)

2002 AL Division Series (3-1): Anaheim Angels (99-63) over New York Yankees (103-58)

2003 World Series (4-2): Florida Marlins (91-71) over New York Yankees (101-61)

2004 AL Championship Series (4-3): Boston Red Sox (98-64) over New York Yankees (101-61)

Comment

• Welcome, Gone!

I like your style. Just the facts. Yankee fans ned to be reminded of the facts.

News:"Karzai wants his turn on the baseball diamond because the sport is so popular in America and would help him appeal to the American people, his spokesman said."

``He does know about baseball and also supports it,'' Haidari said. (From the Boston Herald)

The relatively new President of Afghanistan wants to go to a baseball game. Serendipity: Fenway!
                    Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                    Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by Gone
                      2001 World Series (4-3): Arizona Diamondbacks (92-70) over New York Yankees (95-65)

2002 AL Division Series (3-1): Anaheim Angels (99-63) over New York Yankees (103-58)

2003 World Series (4-2): Florida Marlins (91-71) over New York Yankees (101-61)

2004 AL Championship Series (4-3): Boston Red Sox (98-64) over New York Yankees (101-61)
                      When you get to the 26 championship rings, let me know about it.

Trust me, Boston has had far more setbacks and upsets than the Yankees have. Let the truth be told, presuming one doesn't need a link to 1946, 1967, 1975, 1978, 1986.

Comment

When you get to the 26 championship rings, let me know about it.

Trust me, Boston has had far more setbacks and upsets than the Yankees have. Let the truth be told, presuming one doesn't need a link to 1946, 1967, 1975, 1978, 1986.
                        Ah, the answer to everything. Criticize the Angels and the Diamondbacks for their recent performances and when the Yankees recent performance is criticized defend with historic performance. Not relevant but it does distract. Highest payroll in Baseball by far in recent years and Baseball's biggest embarrassment in the last four years not to mention offering one of Sport's greatest choke jobs in last year's ALCS.

Not to worry. Maybe this year El Sicko will spend enough to buy another championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gone
                          Ah, the answer to everything. Criticize the Angels and the Diamondbacks for their recent performances and when the Yankees recent performance is criticized defend with historic performance. Not relevant but it does distract. Highest payroll in Baseball by far in recent years and Baseball's biggest embarrassment in the last four years not to mention offering one of Sport's greatest choke jobs in last year's ALCS.

Not to worry. Maybe this year El Sicko will spend enough to buy another championship.
                          You obviously haven't been reading many of my posts, despite talking about my post count. Have you ever realized that I've been one of the Yanks' harshest critics, as have other Yankee fans on this site? Please try reading for content, rather than just criticism some time.

I'm well familiar with the Yankee payroll, but I still want them to win.

As to the Angels and D'backs, have you checked the standings? They're 1st and 2nd in their respective divisions. If they'd played poorly, like the Yanks did in April prior to their 10-game win streak, they'd deserve the criticism, as did the Yanks.

You very much have something against me, from your criticsm of Don Mattingly which you'd sent me via PM to making things up about whether I'm straight or gay. If that's how you do things, then the word "agenda" does seem to come into play.

As mentioned, from the various discussions I start, the ones I try keeping on track, the many times I've edited polls, moved threads, did things that forumers asked, even created contests which forumers asked, it would be nice if those were noticed also, rather than being ignored when you look for criticism.

To me, you're not here to discuss any team rivalry; you're just here to get on my case because I asked you not to openly root against the Yanks in the Yankee forum. There are *COUNTLESS* Yankee haters here and we all get along. Feel free to join us sometime.

Comment

• Hey!

Where's all this heavy seriousness come from all of a sudden? We're all laughing and ribbing each other around a nice fire and some dark cloud has to come along and rain on it.

A word to "Gone." Try reading through this thread from the beginning. (Or at least the last 30pp.) This thread is about poking fun, not about knocking the wind out of each other. Please take this thread in the lighthearted way it is intended. As another member was told recently, loosen the tie a bit. Baseball is a game, not life and death. Especially in this thread. It's always Casual Friday in the Bitter Rivals thread.

I am a Red Sox fan, the latest in several generations of die-hard Sox fans in my family. Yet I like Mattingly, and know he's a good guy (despite his unfathomable adherence to the pinstripers ).
                            --Annie
                            Remember Yellowdog
                            ABNY

Comment

You obviously haven't been reading many of my posts, despite talking about my post count. Have you ever realized that I've been one of the Yanks' harshest critics, as have other Yankee fans on this site? Please try reading for content, rather than just criticism some time.

I'm well familiar with the Yankee payroll, but I still want them to win.

As to the Angels and D'backs, have you checked the standings? They're 1st and 2nd in their respective divisions. If they'd played poorly, like the Yanks did in April prior to their 10-game win streak, they'd deserve the criticism, as did the Yanks.

You very much have something against me, from your criticsm of Don Mattingly which you'd sent me via PM to making things up about whether I'm straight or gay. If that's how you do things, then the word "agenda" does seem to come into play.

As mentioned, from the various discussions I start, the ones I try keeping on track, the many times I've edited polls, moved threads, did things that forumers asked, even created contests which forumers asked, it would be nice if those were noticed also, rather than being ignored when you look for criticism.

To me, you're not here to discuss any team rivalry; you're just here to get on my case because I asked you not to openly root against the Yanks in the Yankee forum. There are *COUNTLESS* Yankee haters here and we all get along. Feel free to join us sometime.
                              It is, of course, against etiquette to reveal what is said in PMs. It is outrageous when you mischaracterize them. I could care less that you are gay although you seem to be obsessed with mentioning it to me every chance you get. My only agenda is that of your posts. Of those I have read it appears your primary interest is in calling attention to yourself. It is obvious that little thought goes into your postings as witnessed by your "Mayor's Trophy" posting.

In keeping with our test for a proper topic, posting to Baseball Fever should be treated as if you truly do care. This includes posting information that is, to the best of your knowledge, complete and accurate at the time you post. Any errors or ambiguities you catch later should be acknowledged and corrected in the thread, since Baseball Fever is sometimes considered to be a valuable reference for research information.

Comment

• Ah but . . .

ll
                                Originally posted by Mattingly
                                You sure you're even going to the ALCS? Don't forget what happened to the 2002 Diamondbacks and the 2003 Halos.
                                Yes but, don't forget they aren't the team that made . . .

"The Greatest Comeback in Major League Baseball History"

against the almighty New York Yankees! --->

* {. . . incase you forgot . . . }

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X