This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gone
    It is, of course, against etiquette to reveal what is said in PMs. It is outrageous when you mischaracterize them. I could care less that you are gay although you seem to be obsessed with mentioning it to me every chance you get. My only agenda is that of your posts. Of those I have read it appears your primary interest is in calling attention to yourself. It is obvious that little thought goes into your postings as witnessed by your "Mayor's Trophy" posting.

In keeping with our test for a proper topic, posting to Baseball Fever should be treated as if you truly do care. This includes posting information that is, to the best of your knowledge, complete and accurate at the time you post. Any errors or ambiguities you catch later should be acknowledged and corrected in the thread, since Baseball Fever is sometimes considered to be a valuable reference for research information.
    That's fine, and I'll gladly acknowledge my inaccuracies, and as I've said before, I've made mistakes before and I'll make them again. I'm human, and at times, I'll flip through things that I should've known.

I must've been thinking of 1993 when Bernie Williams joined us, since otherwise, I'd have known that 1997 was when Interleague started. Unless you've lived in NYC, the term "Mayor's Trophy Game" might not have even meant anything to you, much less be the source of a google search.

Now then, are you even familiar with the various contests we have here? Do you know the forumers who'd requested that we have them, then I ran with those? Check those posts out and the answers are *READILY* available, if you'd care to look. No google search necessary.

*IF* you are so looking for content, rather than inaccuracies, you should be able to provide a reply to both questions quite easily. Rather than counting my daily post count, I suggest you realize that I've done lots of posting on this Current Events forum, the Yankee forum where we'd originally met, other forums under BBF, even been asked to settle disputes and questions on forum which I don't even moderate, and have contributed to team forums which I don't even root for. If you were really looking for content, then you would be able to see all that, not only selectively choosing one that's inaccurate.

I think that's how we've become like family here. Oh, and two forumers here been rather sick in the past few months and one lives in the woods, and several others live in Europe. Presuming one were to really read for content, rather than just skimming, those names would be quite easy to know.

Like my buddy vtsoxfan wrote, we're all about having fun here. Like Spy Magazine's "Black Spy" vs "White Spy". Each and every single Red Sox fan in this thread and fan of any other team has gotten by just fine with me. We've all exchanged pleasantries via PM, and do you even know what our "bets" have consisted of? Should be if one were to read for content and know the routine.

Your choice here is very simple: continue to get on my case about factual inaccuracies or whenever I make a post not up to your level of quality *OR* just make yourself at home here. You wouldn't be the first Yankee hater here. I can name you about 2 dozen offhand and that's w/o even looking. I mean you're talking about it being in people's *BLOOD* to cheer wildly whenever the Yankees lose and lose badly.

One helped me decide to post a thread about "Passover" (which you'd particiapted into); several others post often in the NYY forum, including one who's offered *TONS* and I mean *TONS* of photos that even the Yankee "History" Mods and several old-timers from Yogi's rookie year were just wild about. Everyone who knows me well and sees those pix knows who I'm referring to.

That's why I say that reading for content makes you more knowledgeable. If you do, then those names are quite familiar to you. I'll let you decide which route you'll take. Just criticizing me alone doesn't do much. After all, there are many people on this board I've had the fine pleasure of working with, 90% of whom have no reason whatsoever to love the Yankees, even dispute my relative "newness" to a game I'd only been a casual fan for about 30 years with.

Back to the cheesy zings and jokes, folks. There's lots of baseball to love and fun to be head! ;p :gt
    Last edited by Mattingly; 05-20-2005, 12:52 PM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
      ll
      Yes but, don't forget they aren't the team that made . . .

"The Greatest Comeback in Major League Baseball History"

against the almighty New York Yankees! --->

* {. . . incase you forgot . . . }
      2004--The Beantowners get lucky against the Nerds.

2005--The Revenge of the Nerds. Oh, I think it's now playing in theaters.

Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• That's it, I've got to step in now.

That movie was awesome. And to keep this post baseball-related: I'd rather watch that movie than watch the Yankees.
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Originally posted by racosun
          That's it, I've got to step in now.

That movie was awesome. And to keep this post baseball-related: I'd rather watch that movie than watch the Yankees.
          That's it, raco. I've admired you from afar, but now it's "mano a mano" time.

*breaks out the light saber*

Take *THAT*!

Comment

• Mattingly, you hail from the evil empire, remember? You guys use RED LIGHT-SABRES!!!
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Hmm...

Originally posted by racosun
              That's it, I've got to step in now.

Well, I don't know; if the Yankees are being clobbered by Tampa Bay, and they are showing shots of Steingrabber... Who am I kidding? If the
              Y's are being clobbered by *anybody*!
              Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
              Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                That's it, raco. I've admired you from afar, but now it's "mano a mano" time.

*breaks out the light saber*

Take *THAT*!
                But Matt... you KNOW that in the end, the good guys win! You know, the ones with long hair and floppy clothes!

(I haven't seen the last 2 movies, but the best is still the one that had me staggering out of the theater, trembling and completely awestruck at the age of nine.)
                --Annie
                Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                Remember Yellowdog
                ABNY

Comment

• May the Evil Force stop you. If not, then the Braves surely will.

Religion? Bowwwwww, lowly Beantowners, to the one, the only ... Lord Darth Vader!

Comment

• Ohhhhkaaaayyyy.....

Am I supposed to be afraid of a guy brandishing a gold boot stepping on a ham?

Anyway. the Golden thing that the Good Guys have been brandishing all winter is a lot prettier! I guess this dude in black couldn't find a World Series Trophy to parade around, so he found this boot-on-a-ham thing. Okay, whatever turns your crank!
                    --Annie
                    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                    Remember Yellowdog
                    ABNY

Comment

• If you look real hard . . .

Originally posted by Gone
                      2001 World Series (4-3): Arizona Diamondbacks (92-70) over New York Yankees (95-65)

2002 AL Division Series (3-1): Anaheim Angels (99-63) over New York Yankees (103-58)

2003 World Series (4-2): Florida Marlins (91-71) over New York Yankees (101-61)

2004 AL Championship Series (4-3): Boston Red Sox (98-64) over New York Yankees (101-61)
                      Does anyone else see a pattern here? - -

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                        Does anyone else see a pattern here? - -

Eh...we're 0-3 in the World Series and we finally lost in the ALCS to Boston.

Hey everybody can have a bad period of five years. I guess you must know about that

Maybe it is just like in the Holy Bible: Seven good years and seven bad years. Only two to go then. You guys have had a multiple of seven bad years, 12,28 that is...
                        Last edited by ; 05-21-2005, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• I think it is wonderful that Red Sox fans are so excited about finally winning a Championship. If the Cards didn't win last season, I wanted the Sox to, but soon there will (unless they repeat) a new winner, and nobody will care about 2004. In the end it is only one championship in the past 80 years or whatever. The Sox have a long way to go to reach numbers like these... Yes, baseball was played prior to 2004.

(from yankees rule)

1923, 1927, 1928, 1932, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1943, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000

For a Sox fan to make fun of the Yankees for 4 years of not winning a title is like a Cubs fan making fun of ...anybody.
                          1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                          The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

• Originally posted by STLCards2
                            For a Sox fan to make fun of the Yankees for 4 years of not winning a title is like a Cubs fan making fun of ...anybody.
                            Ken & CB, take note!

The Red Sox had a very bad 20th century. Hence, Yankee fans would often say, "Hey, anybody can have a bad century.

The Yanks have had a bad 21st century, some of which years (2001-02), Boston had never even made the playoffs to begin with.

I'll accept failure if I must, but I always want the Yanks to at least be given a chance to win the big prize. I guess everybody would of their team.

We'll see what happens at season's end. :gt

Comment

• Never, Ever, Will 2004 Be Forgotten!!!!

Originally posted by STLCards2
                              I think it is wonderful that Red Sox fans are so excited about finally winning a Championship. If the Cards didn't win last season, I wanted the Sox to, but soon there will (unless they repeat) a new winner, and nobody will care about 2004. In the end it is only one championship in the past 80 years or whatever. The Sox have a long way to go to reach numbers like these... Yes, baseball was played prior to 2004.
                              Will NEVER be forgotten. Ever. Sons visited graves to tell their fathers. Fathers took infants to Boston to see the parade. Who in the Nation will ever forget Foulke's very careful fast walk to first, the ever so careful and gentle throw, then Varitek's jump? Players pounding everybody, but being very careful not to hurt Pesky? Some people may forget, but not THE NATION. :radio :gt

As for teasing Matt, read back a few pages; if he had his druthers, Sox fans would be locked in trunks with bread! (And no pictures of Varitek.) :grouchy

Clement another win! YES! Complete game. Manny homer.

ps-A thread on screensavers? Mine is nine pictures of Varitek with that guy that didn't know how to walk to first.
                              Last edited by CuriousBoston; 05-23-2005, 04:51 PM.
                              Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                              Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by STLCards2
                                WOW! Now that my Cubs have been mathematically eliminated from the 2005 post season (Wait 'till next year!) , leave it to a Cards fan to rub a little salt in the wounds. Now, it looks like the NL Comedy Central is going to have a repeat of the St. Louis club running away with the division. Let's just hope they remember to show up for the World Series next time they win the NLCS.
                                Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X