This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly
    Awwwwwwwwwwww, you gonna hurt li'l ol' me? I couldn't even hurt a fly! *cough-yeah, right-cough*

Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyy ... in true news that doesn't seem real at some itty bitty green park after a 7/16 game, one certain center fielder and one certain formerly corn-rowed pitcher will hold a concert:

Concert at Fenway (scroll down)

Center fielder Bernie Williams, an accomplished guitarist, will have a doubleheader at Fenway Park on July 16. The Yankees and the Red Sox have a game scheduled for 1:05, and Williams and Boston pitcher Bronson Arroyo will play at a postgame concert.

The concert is a fund-raiser for a charitable foundation recently established by Red Sox General Manager Theo Epstein and his brother, Paul, a social worker. (AP)
    Since it's a charity event- truce on that day? We can always counterballance that truce with more jarring before and after that day

A day being nice to the Yankees- can we manage it???
    Best posts ever:
    Originally posted by nymdan
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• I don't think we were feuding, she just corrected me, that's all :P
      "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
      -Scott Stossel

Comment

• Originally posted by Biggerin
        I don't think we were feuding, she just corrected me, that's all :P
        You mean now we won't be able to sell tickets? Aw nuts! Oh well, at least we have the Remy/Orsillo race

Note to those from outside New England, those are the two everyday TV announcers for the Red Sox. They happened to get into a little rivalry over who is faster during the course of today's game and the older Remy bit off more than he could chew(being the former athlete) and forced the younger Orsillo to challenge him to a race to first base as a "put up or shut up". Should be funny seeing two out of shape guys battling it out for bragging rights for the rest of the year
        Best posts ever:
        Originally posted by nymdan
        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Just a reminder of which team is in first place (still!)
          Attached Files
          4 5 (7) 8 20 22 33 42 (44)

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98
            You mean now we won't be able to sell tickets? Aw nuts! Oh well, at least we have the Remy/Orsillo race

Note to those from outside New England, those are the two everyday TV announcers for the Red Sox. They happened to get into a little rivalry over who is faster during the course of today's game and the older Remy bit off more than he could chew(being the former athlete) and forced the younger Orsillo to challenge him to a race to first base as a "put up or shut up". Should be funny seeing two out of shape guys battling it out for bragging rights for the rest of the year
            I've seen a few NESN games, since I have Extra Innings. However, I've been prone to hit the "delete" button for games when ahhhhhhhhhhhm, the "wrong" team lucked out and won the game. (yeah, yeah, that's the ticket)

I wasn't aware of that challenge thing. Remdawg is the color commentator and Orsillo does play-by-play, right? I just remember Rem having RS fans on and giving away t-shirts. Seems personable and I can see why he's popular in NE.

I'm wondering if he's Ken's favorite.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by bigtime39
              Just a reminder of which team is in first place (still!)
              *aims the sights at bt39, gets ready to strike*

Anyway, Yankee 10-game winning streak is on the way.
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Matt:
                It isn't the 10-game winning streaks, it's the 10-game losing streaks that will define the Yankee$ 2005 season!
                4 5 (7) 8 20 22 33 42 (44)

Comment

• Originally posted by bigtime39
                  Matt:
                  It isn't the 10-game winning streaks, it's the 10-game losing streaks that will define the Yankee$ 2005 season!
                  You know how to make friends, don't you?

Despite this kind of remarks I still hope the O's will make it to the play offs...

Comment

*aims the sights at bt39, gets ready to strike*

Playing the Devil-Rays for four games wouldn't have anything to do with your optimistic outlook, would it? -
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

Good. Time to convert li'l Caroline into a Yankee fan. Welcome to the DARK SIDE, li'l girlie!

So Tek can block the plate, happened to eke out a bunt. Yeah, yeah, yeah. He's hitting .320, Ortiz is hitting .300, Jeter's hitting .301. I won't mention who on the Yanks is hitting .325 (could be fighting words for you, I realize).

Now then, no sweep of Pittsburgh? Hmmmmmmmmm, didn't the Yanks just sweep a team from that vicinity?

Okay, since I'm already cruisin' for a bruisin', I'll just bid you adieu.
                      Why, (when I hear the words, sweep & Yankees together) . . .

. . . does the Kansas City Royals come to mind? - :noidea - -
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Poor Matt....

Hand to throat, international distress sign for someone who is CHOKING !!!!!!

I wouldn't hurt you. Unless you join the "Tiger Fan" whose join date is 6/21, his/her/it's first post in Yankee forum to get Yfans to vote for Pudge.

10-9 over Sabathia! Yeah! A running catch by Damon to end the game is fine, but a 20 to 3 blowout would be nice. When are Millar, Bellhorn, and Renteria gonna learn to cover for each other? And Wells, just do what Varitek tells you. Oh yeah, Tek got a HR. Cleveland has more foul terrority than Alaska! Manny is hitting over .500 against Sabathia.

Whee!!!!!!!

Now I gotta stuff the ballot box. Pudge indeed. Not.
                        Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                        Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• I hear ol' Sox friend Casey "Awesome" Fossum did pretty well against the pinstripers last night. How many hits did the Bronx Bummers get off the 45-lb lefty? Didn't I hear you say something about a 10-game win streak? *guffaw*

Oh, and a reporter this morning said the Birds took one on the "Chen" last night. We're back to within 2.

I still worry about Foulke, though... Foulke and Embree need to get their act together.

Yes, CB, isn't it fun to watch Tek? And despite all the Ks, I have a soft spot for Bells. It must be because of the postseason homers last fall. (Hiya, Matt! )
                          --Annie
                          Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                          Remember Yellowdog
                          ABNY

Comment

• August 28, 2004

Fossum (3-5) didn't give up a hit until the fifth inning and he yielded just three in seven-plus frames, mixing in five strikeouts with three walks to earn his first win as a starter since last August 28 when he pitched for Arizona.

Casey! At the Bronx, too. Homestand=L 1, W 0.

Matt, if you don't feel well, we can move you from the fruit cellar to the outhouse. Standard furnishings include an old Sears catalog. You might want to use the back pages of the New York Post.

Blam! Manny's got his groove back! Hitting over .500 against Sabathia! Sabathia! Fastballs over 90 in late innings. Jay Payton. Tek. Damon.

With all those injuries how the blazes are the Orioles doing so well?

Message to Schilling: your first Pawtucket start better be a no-hitter, you Republican, you. (My Aunt doesn't like Me to swear, but saying Republican, Romney, or suchlike is very acceptable. Gets us looks in public, though.)
                            Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                            Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Back to the dungeon (aka, my rusty, leaky trunk) to CB and Ken. Who do these people think they are talking to Yankee fans like that? Mere Beantowners speaking w/o getting proper permission to speak. The *NERVE* of these people.

Oh well, if there's anything worse than losing to itty bitty Casey on the Mound, it's being smacked around like nobody's business by the Tribe.

Me thinks that bigtime39 will make himself and his moon-sized picture very scarce for a few days. Won't live that one down very soon.

Now then, I never said that the 10-day win streak starts on Monday. I said it starts on *TUESDAY*. I didn't say *WHICH* Tuesday either, but I'll gather it'll start today.

Tuesday, June 21st, 2005 AD. That's right about now, and I'll have to stomp my feet a few times before those in the more northerly parts of town (closer to the NE border) can understand that properly-like.

Oh, and CB, I actually prefer my Bounty towels. Not that they're paying me to plug them, but what the heck? So long as it's not one of those corn thingies , I'm OK.

If anything, those outhouses should come in handy when storing escaping Beantowners. Hey, you people always wanted to try on that "eau de toilet" perfume thingy, right? Well, the odor (Pepe Le Peu) will be just about right.

Hiya, CB!
                              Last edited by Mattingly; 06-21-2005, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll even send Ken, VT and CB to Brooklyn and even visit our most famous roller coaster ride.

Hey, there's even a favorite GOOD BUDDY from the past, too!

Mookie Wilson (l.
                                with Brooklyn
                                Borough President
                                Marty Markowitz)
                                says he's a little
                                nervous for his
                                debut tonight as
                                Cyclones skipper.

Mookie's Cyclone thrill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, c'mon down and see if you can make it to 1B. I'll even have him tap a slow roller to ya, Ken! Catch it if you can, butta-fingers!

NINETEEN EIGHTEEN!
                                Last edited by Mattingly; 06-21-2005, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X