• 1935 - 1945 - 1968 - 1984

Go Tigers!
    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• how many pages is this now 31 you guys really do have alot to talk about
      International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
      Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

Comment

• Originally posted by drillerman
        how many pages is this now 31 you guys really do have alot to talk about
        People have been going back & forth on this rivalry long before this thread began and will no dought continue long after we're gone! That's why it has no equal in pro. sports....
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• That's why it has no equal in pro. sports
          How about the rivalry between Liverpool and Chelsea? or the one between Liverpool and Mann. U.? Heck, between Liverpool and the rest of the English Premier League!?

Comment

• how about havard and yale
            lol
            International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
            Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken
              That's why it has no equal in pro. sports
              Originally posted by tearforamariner
              How about the rivalry between Liverpool and Chelsea? or the one between Liverpool and Mann. U.? Heck, between Liverpool and the rest of the English Premier League!?
              Let me say in USA pro. sports! OK?
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• THE biggest rivalry in World sport is..............

Barcelona vs. Real Madrid (Spanish soccer). Each stadium holds 100,000 and twice a season it is the biggest soccer game in the world. Or...

Guildford Mavericks vs. Richmond (English Baseball Southern Division 1)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Foulke to the set, the 1-0 pitch, here it is, swing and a ground ball stabbed by Foulke, he has it, he underhands to 1st and the Boston Red Sox are the World Champions! Can you believe it?!

Comment

• Thru July 11th Completed Games

AMERICAN LEAGUE EAST
                  [list=1]
                  Team......W..L...PCT GB

[*]Yankees 56 35 .615 --

[*]Red Sox 54 37 .593 -2

[*]Toronto. 48 45 .516 -9 [/list=1]

If Yankees sweep Blue Jays (not) ....then they're all done & they'll start dumping players...
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by RogerRedSox
                    THE biggest rivalry in World sport is..............

Barcelona vs. Real Madrid (Spanish soccer). Each stadium holds 100,000 and twice a season it is the biggest soccer game in the world. Or...

Guildford Mavericks vs. Richmond (English Baseball Southern Division 1)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neither of them compare to Argentina/Brazil. If the two ever met in a cup final....

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan
                      I was at Comerica during the Yanks last visit... There are some "obnoxious idiots" from Detroit too, so Chicago hasn't cornered the market... Speaking of ChiSox-Tig's -- anyone remember "Disco Demolition Night?"

Here's one of my pics of me at the CoPa -- on the field -- You should have been there Rascosun...
                      I was at that series, for Clemens' 300 ND...everyone was allowed on the field, it was autograph day. Must have missed ya there YankeeMan, even though I had no clue who the hell you were.

I wasn't alive, but thanks to On This Day in Baseball, I know it occured 24 years ago, today.
                      The Tigers are the best team in Major League Baseball, everybody just has a hard time accepting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricucity
                        I was at that series, for Clemens' 300 ND...everyone was allowed on the field, it was autograph day. Must have missed ya there YankeeMan, even though I had no clue who the hell you were.

I wasn't alive, but thanks to On This Day in Baseball, I know it occured 24 years ago, today.
                        Actually, it was Fuji Foto Day (and you were supposed to have a pass for it -- but no one seemed to care!) but no autos were being signed. Still, it was BIG FUN to be on the field again!!!

It was also the "Biggest Crowd Ever @ Comerica Park!"
                        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Re: Thru July 11th Completed Games

Originally posted by KenFougere
                          If Yankees sweep Blue Jays (not) ....then they're all done & they'll start dumping players... [/B]
                          George will want new playes anyway. Look for attempts to beef up the pen, RF and 3B either by July 31 or over the winter.
                          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• An ugly game is all I'll admit to. Hope for the rubber match on Sunday.
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Toronto's reported death greatly exaggerated

Originally posted by KenFougere
                              If Yankees sweep Blue Jays (not) ....then they're all done & they'll start dumping players... [/B]

Am I hearing NY routing the slumping team from the north... {Whoops, I stand corrected...}
                              I guess the key word in the quote above is "NOT"
                              Bullpens can be fickle, don't ya think?

{Nelson & Mendoza where are you?}

_____
                              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Jeff Nelson got on Torre's case too much, but sometimes I wonder if he'd have been good staying, despite his blabbering persona.

Mendoza, well, he needs someone like Kerrigan to work with him, just like he'd done with Coney. Of course, he's now in Philly, and I'll have to see if he's still the same stopper as before.

Hopefully, Toronto's tired, as this can't be the launching pad for them, as Weaver's up on Sunday. Never know, the Yankee hitters may even try taking pitches sometime tomorrow, and our slugging leadoff hitter may even walk once or twice a week.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X