And it won't last long...
    Best posts ever:
    Originally posted by nymdan
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• I think it will.....

I turned on Fox, Embree is pitching for NYY, they were up by two runs, now they are losing by four..ARod struck out, after swinging at....something...this is surreal...
      Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
      Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Where are you BristolBoy? I am looking for that Michael Vaughan avatar Oh dear, he has hurt his elbow at training?? :noidea

The Boston and Yankee folk have been quiet for a couple of days - does that mean the Sox are winning and the Yanks are losing?? It has been such good weather here in the Antipodes that I have been going to the beach everyday and have missed my baseball!!
        "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98
          And it won't last long...
          You're right . . . It seems to change daily . . .

Originally posted by Mattingly
          Update your stats.
          American League East

Boston - - - - 60 45 .571 -
          Yankees - - - 56 48 .538 -3½
          Toronto - - - 54 51 .514 - 6
          Baltimore - - 51 55 .481 -9½

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston
            I turned on Fox, Embree is pitching for NYY, they were up by two runs, now they are losing by four..ARod struck out, after swinging at....something...this is surreal...
            Though shalt not talketh the Smack to the Mighty Yankee fans ... not even in this thread (started by an young and wayward "fan" of a loserboy "team" no less).

Now then, beg us for our forgiveness! I commandeth thee!
            Last edited by Mattingly; 08-03-2005, 12:48 PM.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
              You're right . . . It seems to change daily . . .
              As long as it heads in the right direction

American League East

Boston - - - - 60 45 .571 -
              Yankees - - - 56 48 .538 -3½
              Toronto - - - 54 51 .514 - 6
              Baltimore - - 51 55 .481 -9½
              Yep, that's the right direction
              Best posts ever:

Comment

Off with your head, or yee shalt be exposed as a pinstriped-wearing Yankee fan amongst your peers. Thou shalt never surviveth!
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

And I certainly think it is, don't you? -

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                    And I certainly think it is, don't you? -
                    I'm not satisfied yet, I think they need to add much more distance- but then again I wanted them to win by a landslide anyway :gt
                    Best posts ever:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                      Update your stats.
                      American League East

Boston - - - - 61 45 .575 -
                      Yankees - - - 56 49 .533 -4½
                      Toronto - - - 55 51 .519 - 6
                      Baltimore - - 51 56 .475 -10½

Comment

• DownUnderDodger:

I know it's taken a while but I've not had chance to do it until now, but unfortunately, here I am with a Ricky Ponting avatar - but by the looks of it I won't have it for long . 5 an over! It's 150-1 at 1:30pm! Hahahahahaha!
                        Ask me to change my sig! Sig changed 7 times, last change requested by MapleSyrupMan!

...Just so you all know, I love being quoted. Even if you're ripping apart my post as awful and stupid, I don't care. Quote me.

Officially boycotting all threads with steroid talk; let's focus on the good of the game.

Comment

• I hate the Red Sox and The White Sox. Because I'm a Yankee fan but also have a liking for the cubs.
                          Lets Go Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by BristolBoy
                            , here I am with a Ricky Ponting avatar - but by the looks of it I won't have it for long . 5 an over! It's 150-1 at 1:30pm! Hahahahahaha!
                            I love the avatar, which you may have to get used too..............you may have spoken too soon!! What's the current score? Oh, it is 6-91 with a lead of 190 runs. Very evenly poised at the moment. But why could they not consolidate their 99 run lead?? The only hope you have is that the Aussies are not very good 4th inning chasers!!

Go the RED SOX
                            "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

• Originally posted by DownUnderDodger
                              I love the avatar, which you may have to get used too..............you may have spoken too soon!! What's the current score? Oh, it is 6-91 with a lead of 190 runs. Very evenly poised at the moment. But why could they not consolidate their 99 run lead?? The only hope you have is that the Aussies are not very good 4th inning chasers!!

Go the RED SOX
                              Yeah? You reckon?

Well how about a lead of 280 as I speak, with a #11 and a dude with an injured shoulder hitting the ball out of the stadium off the fastest bowler in the world. You like that? That good? That take your fancy?

How about how no one has ever made more than 210 odd to win in a 4th innings at Edgbaston ever? You still happy?

I think I better get on Google for a Vaughan avatar for you my friend .
                              Ask me to change my sig! Sig changed 7 times, last change requested by MapleSyrupMan!

...Just so you all know, I love being quoted. Even if you're ripping apart my post as awful and stupid, I don't care. Quote me.

Officially boycotting all threads with steroid talk; let's focus on the good of the game.

Comment

• HA!!! You commandth nobody!!

Originally posted by Mattingly
                                Though shalt not talketh the Smack to the Mighty Yankee fans ... not even in this thread (started by an young and wayward "fan" of a loserboy "team" no less).

Now then, beg us for our forgiveness! I commandeth thee!
                                This is my 499th post. I was at Thursday's game, to witness JASON VARITEK'S first grand slam. I toasted with chocolate ice cream. I did have to instruct certain batters not to swing. Francona's batting order made no sense; sometimes I get the sense that he who must not be named is haunting Francona. Dilly Dally at third base; does he flip coins to decide who to send home? I'd really, really, like to be manager for a day.

ps-Get well soon, Trot!
                                Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                                Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X