Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Weaver handle pressure or crack again?

Originally posted by Mattingly

Hopefully, Toronto's tired, as this can't be the launching pad for them, as Weaver's up on Sunday.
    Now that brings a smile to my face...
    Tied going into the All-Star game is a real possibility now....

OOh Can-a-da! ________
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• SHOULD be an All-Star...

This is the fifth time Pedro left a game with the lead only to have the "fickle" bullpen fail to save it for him.

His record should be...
      11 Wins & 2 Losses with a 2.20 ERA!
      ___

BTW 4-2 Boston . . . Top of the 11th. ___
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Thru July 12th Completed Games

AMERICAN LEAGUE EAST
        [list=1]
        Team......W..L...PCT GB

[*]Yankees 56 36 .609 --

[*]Red Sox 55 37 .598 -1

[*]Toronto. 49 45 .521 -8 [/list=1]

We're Back!. . . Miss us?...
        Last edited by KenFougere; 07-12-2003, 08:03 PM.
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Thru July 12th Completed Games

Originally posted by KenFougere
          AMERICAN LEAGUE EAST
          [list=1]
          Team......W..L...PCT GB

[*]Yankees 56 36 .609 --

[*]Red Sox 55 37 .598 -1

[*]Toronto. 49 45 .521 -8 [/list=1]

We're Back!. . . Miss us?...
          Yeah just a bit. You guys really cornered the market on that close second thing.

Comment

• Re: Re: Thru July 12th Completed Games

Originally posted by BC498
            Yeah just a bit. You guys really cornered the market on that close second thing.

Well, if Weaver cracks under the pressure from the 'second' best offense in the majors, {the way he usually does} he'll pitch the Yankees out of sole possession of 1st place.
            Then we won't be the 'close second thing'... we'll be the in your shirt thing! . . .
            Last edited by KenFougere; 07-12-2003, 09:58 PM.
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Thru July 12th Completed Games

Well, if Weaver cracks under the pressure from the 'second' best offense in the majors, {the way he usually does} he'll pitch the Yankees out of sole possession of 1st place.
              Then we won't be the 'close second thing'... we'll be the in your shirt thing! . . .
              Weaver looked pretty good the last time. I think it wasn't just our pen that blew it last night, but our batters failing to make Halladay throw lots of pitches, the same way their guys made Moose up his pitch count.

Their pen is worse than ours, and unless we see theirs first, I'm not overly optimistic.

BTW, what's the "in your shirt thing" mean?
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Hey, Ken, how'd you enjoy the game? You score anything much?
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Thru July 12th Completed Games

I knew you were concerned about Weaver, but you can rest easy.... Oh, I guess your bats were resting already.

Comment

• Ok, Ok ... Let me have it.

I mean it's not as if I've never put my foot in my mouth before...have I?
                    . . .
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere

Ok, Ok ... Let me have it.

I mean it's not as if I've never put my foot in my mouth before...have I?
                      . . .
                      Oh, I see that Motown strummed a mighty fine tune your way, huh? How'd all those .300 hitters do, friend? Hit anything out?

Oh well, I suppose a 3-0 score was OK, but I can't say I'm unhappy with who won the game. Get em next time, huh?

OK, that's enough outta me, but it was a great game and I'm glad that Weaver did great and you guys finally lost. You should've lost yesterday and I could've invited Racosun down here also.

*runs and hides*

Comment

• All kidding aside, I'm getting the feeling it's going to be nip & tuck, back & forth 'till the end. I just don't see us fading into the August sunset. What does the other side of the aisle think?
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

All kidding aside, I'm getting the feeling it's going to be nip & tuck, back & forth 'till the end. I just don't see us fading into the August sunset. What does the other side of the aisle think?
                          Before either the game Pettitte or Moose started, Yankee radio broadcaster John Sterling asked Tek about the 2003 team, and he said something about comaderie, and a feeling of solidity. Something like this.

Anyway, the way you guys have been going, I don't see losing you guys anytime soon. It used to be the June Swoon was predictable, but it's already July and you're not fading.

I guess we'll have to depend upon our pen doing a great job, including any acquisitions we may or may not make, and Clemens, Pettitte, Moose, Boomer and Weaver kicking it up a few notches, as well as our defense and all.

For you guys, I guess we'll have to see how well Pedro lasts into September (not that I'm doubting him), and whether Lowe, Wakefield, Mendoza and Burkett doing their jobs.

It's up to your pen also, making that play, working that batter.

Someone mentioned it could be 1978 all over again. I doubt that, but it does look mighty close before the break.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Thru July 12th Completed Games

Originally posted by Mattingly
                            BTW, what's the "in your shirt thing" mean?

In other words:
                            • We're not going away
                            • If we were any closer to you...
                              we'd be in back of you...{Groucho Marx}
                            • Your shadow
                            • White on rice
                            • A PEST

Comment

All kidding aside, I'm getting the feeling it's going to be nip & tuck, back & forth 'till the end. I just don't see us fading into the August sunset. What does the other side of the aisle think?
                              Its shaping up to be the kind of race you live for if you're a baseball fan. Might last until September I hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC498
                                Its shaping up to be the kind of race you live for if you're a baseball fan. Might last until September I hope.
                                I hope so too.
                                It'd be nice to enjoy a
                                full season for a change! _ _ _
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X