Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here a sentence I wrote in the Yankees forum.

Originally posted by yankees rule
    A walk off victory.

Actually the Royals should be ashamed of themselves to blow a lead like this.
    But hey I'll forgive them.
    Actually I can say this about the Red Sox as well. Blowing a 6-0 lead. They should be ashamed of themselves.

But hey I forgive them

Just one and a half......

I would like to end with the sig of one of our forum members:

Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chisox73
      Hi Mattingly
      Me thinks that since you've been APPROPRIATELY ATTIRED for the past week, you can turn back to that whats-it-thingy you were wearing before.

However, feel free to continue wearing if you truly wish to support the once and future true leaders of the baseball world!
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Well, DownUnderDodger didn't follow through with his punishment on the last match, and now England have won again, we'll see if he does it this time - after all, I wore a Ponting av when England lost the first test...
        Ask me to change my sig! Sig changed 7 times, last change requested by MapleSyrupMan!

...Just so you all know, I love being quoted. Even if you're ripping apart my post as awful and stupid, I don't care. Quote me.

Officially boycotting all threads with steroid talk; let's focus on the good of the game.

Comment

• BB, when was the av & sig (or other punishment) supposed to begin? A friendly PM usually works wonders.

Sometimes people forget to change back to their original av & sig, so it works both ways.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
            BB, when was the av & sig (or other punishment) supposed to begin? A friendly PM usually works wonders.

Sometimes people forget to change back to their original av & sig, so it works both ways.
            As soon as either team won a test match, up until the time of the next match - which is actually a lot less time than I kept my av, oddly.
            Ask me to change my sig! Sig changed 7 times, last change requested by MapleSyrupMan!

...Just so you all know, I love being quoted. Even if you're ripping apart my post as awful and stupid, I don't care. Quote me.

Officially boycotting all threads with steroid talk; let's focus on the good of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by BristolBoy
              As soon as either team won a test match, up until the time of the next match - which is actually a lot less time than I kept my av, oddly.
              Send a PM. I'm not too crazy myself about folks who bet then don't stick around to play fairly. I also never bet someone who's not really well-known around here. If someone's got about 50 posts to his/her credit, I can better that in a week, so lots more coverage for them if I lose.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm still wondering when ChiSox73 will remove the Yankee av & sig, as the 7-day thing is over (has been since last Saturday afternoon, a week after the Yanks won the first two of the 3-gamer).

Comment

• Schilling to start again~

So no hurry to get a new TV, or to get cable installed. Now, if Clemens was here, with his 1.? ERA, and the run support...but no....expletive Duquette..twilight of career...

Embree, now Bellhorn. What are you going to do with Bellhorn?
                Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Yes, the sun has certainly set a long time ago for Roger Clemens. In fact, it's been setting very rapidly over the past 9 years, I figure.

Bellhorn, I dunno. Likely a backup 2Bman. I'm hearing he had a slick glove.

It's all part of our master plan. You see, someone like Schill will see Bellhorn on 2B somehow, then throw to him, thinking that he's fielding the spot. We'll also have Bellhorn hold his hand up, as if to catch the ball.

Bellhorn will "drop the ball" (as Beantown has done so wonderfully over the years), then take off for 3B.

The Super Secret Master Yankee Fan Plan:

Use Beantowners to Defeat Beantown Once & For All!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston
                    So no hurry to get a new TV, or to get cable installed. Now, if Clemens was here, with his 1.? ERA, and the run support...but no....expletive Duquette..twilight of career...

Embree, now Bellhorn. What are you going to do with Bellhorn?

I don't know why you say this, CB. According to some of our own players, giving up five runs in the first couple of innings is Schilling "keeping us in the game."
                    The funniest part is that it is, with our offense!

(I know he settled in, but jeez!!!)
                    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Hey, CB, what does the "C" on Tek's uni stand for again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                        Hey, CB, what does the "C" on Tek's uni stand for again?

Uh-oh. Now you've crossed the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
                          Uh-oh. Now you've crossed the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          I have? You gonna get even? :gt

I see that Schill had lotsa fun out there tonight.

Comment

• Well then...take this!!!!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Ahhhhhhhh, Rocky, Bullwinkle, the Evil Boris & Natasha!!! I love it!!!

Too bad Moose isn't our Cap'n. :gt

BTW, mandatory avs & sigs this weekend (two weeks if a sweep).

Comment

• From the song, War:

Why can we be friends?

Edited to show smaller pic.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Mattingly; 09-07-2005, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X