Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and by "they" of course, you mean Flash, right? 'Cause Embry and Belhorn were both released by the sox this year.
    "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
    -Scott Stossel

Comment

• I'm still awaiting word from others that the bet's on for avs & sigs this weekend. So far, Biggerin & myself are paired together (w/the understanding that *WHEN* he loses , he'll keep his present sig, but my sig will go below that). :gt

Now then, where's everyone else?
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
        I'm still awaiting word from others that the bet's on for avs & sigs this weekend. So far, Biggerin & myself are paired together (w/the understanding that *WHEN* he loses , he'll keep his present sig, but my sig will go below that). :gt

Now then, where's everyone else?
        I already said that I'm in. Who wants to take the bet? VTSoxfan or Kenfougere? Efin maybe. C'mon guys, you only have to wear a Yankee av and sig for a week. I had to wear it for about half a year. :grouchy

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees rule
          I already said that I'm in. Who wants to take the bet? VTSoxfan or Kenfougere? Efin maybe. C'mon guys, you only have to wear a Yankee av and sig for a week. I had to wear it for about half a year. :grouchy
          Ok, since Mattingly's already paired with Biggerin', what do you say we pair up?
          You're a good guy, and it'll hurt less if I lose.
          What do you say, yankees rule? SoxSon vs. yankees rule. Generic avs for both of us...I'll use your sig if I lose, and I'll make a nice one up for you if you lose (which, of course, you will!)

Ok, Mattingly, yankees rule...is that officially a deal?
          "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• I'm always up for a little friendly wager, especially now that I'm all finished moving in.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC498
              I'm always up for a little friendly wager, especially now that I'm all finished moving in.
              efin will pair with you, I would think. Don't know where he is right now, though.
              "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
                Ok, since Mattingly's already paired with Biggerin', what do you say we pair up?
                You're a good guy, and it'll hurt less if I lose.
                What do you say, yankees rule? SoxSon vs. yankees rule. Generic avs for both of us...I'll use your sig if I lose, and I'll make a nice one up for you if you lose (which, of course, you will!)

Ok, Mattingly, yankees rule...is that officially a deal?
                I'm a good guy? You know how to flatter people, don't you?

I think we make a fine pair

May the Yankees win :gt :gt

Comment

• Man... it's gonna be nice having a break from all those yankee logos for two weeks. They were really bringing the place down Good news is, after those two weeks are up, we'll only have to wait a week or two before they're gone for another two weeks again (assuming the yankee fans would be man enough to risk it again during a fenway series).

BTW, Mattingly, since you were kind enough to go with my exception, I promise I will give you a pro-Red Sox sig rather than anti-yankee. Just the kind of guy I am. :P
                  "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
                  -Scott Stossel

Comment

I'm a good guy? You know how to flatter people, don't you?

I think we make a fine pair

May the Yankees win :gt :gt

Them's a lot o' dates in your sig, my friend.
                    I will not be wearing all those crummy numbers!!!!!!

P.S. In the event of catastrophe, though, I don't mind wearing "Fire George" too much.

Comment

Them's a lot o' dates in your sig, my friend.
                      I will not be wearing all those crummy numbers!!!!!!

P.S. In the event of catastrophe, though, I don't mind wearing "Fire George" too much.
                      No I am thinking about something like: "I absolutely worship the Yankees" or "the Yankees are my life, the rest is just details".

Comment

No I am thinking about something like: "I absolutely worship the Yankees" or "the Yankees are my life, the rest is just details".
                        Ah...we must be respectful to each other, right?
                        Would you want to wear "The Boston Red Sox make me Quiver with Joy"?

Your sig is your sig, ya nincompoop!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ah...we must be respectful to each other, right?
                          Would you want to wear "The Boston Red Sox make me Quiver with Joy"?

Your sig is your sig, ya nincompoop!!!!!!!!!!!
                          I wouldn't mind to wear that sig. It is just for fun.

Nincompoop??? QUE? What does that mean?

Comment

• I'm in on the Sox/Yanks sig and avatar bet.

Comment

VTSoxFan doesn't bet, and Ken hasn't been found near here recently. He knows the routine better than anyone else.

We'll have to see what efin98 says about this. If CuriousBoston returns and is up for sigs & avs again (she wasn't too crazy about the outcome the last time), I'll see if she can be talked into it.

BTW, a "nincompoop" is a streety way of calling someone an idiot. It's all in fun, so don't worry. Besides, it was merely a Red Sox fan who said this (SoxSon), so a fine grain of salt works wonders.

BTW, a "grain of salt" means to not take things too harshly.
                              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

efin will pair with you, I would think. Don't know where he is right now, though.
                                I'll do it only if I can keep the third line of my signature- those are three words I can't part with until March 1st.
                                Best posts ever:
                                Originally posted by nymdan
                                Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                                I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X