Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a rivalry are two teams that always fight against eachother.

Bosox and Yanks.

Dodgers and Giants

Cubs and Cards.

Comment

Baseball: Yanks/BoSox is the most bitter rivalry.

All of Sports: Rangers vs. Celtic (Scottish Football), these two teams literally HATE each other!!!!

As for the ManUtd vs. NYY debate, I've been talking to alot of people re: this and United are definately the more recognised and worldwide, the most popular sports franchise...I'm pretty sure that they're also the richest, but I may be wrong...(I'm not a huge soccer fan)
      RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

The Yankees are rivals with everyone.

My favorite was when the interleague rivalry series was going on a few years ago. Braves vs. Red Sox. Since I'm a Braves fan and most of my friends are Red Sox fans, I always loved that one.

But nothing will be the Yankees and Red Sox. No one even comes close. Whether it be Cubs-Cardinals or Mets-Braves or Giants-Dodgers.

Comment

Lol, I can't believe no one talks about the old rivalry between the Dodgers and Yanks.

Comment

Hey, we all agree that Yanks-Red Sox is huge, but what about Cubs-Yankees? They play each other this year for the first time since the '38 World Series and the Cubs have never beaten the Yankees in any game. This could be an up and coming rivalry.

Comment

I doubt it about Cubs-Yankees. After this year, when will be the next time they play? You can't have a rivalry based on speculation. The Yankees also play the Reds. Ask YankeeMan how he is looking forward to that.
              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ken, IMO, baseball historians clearly agree that the Red Sox- Yankees rivalry is by far the best.

It's the most intense, involves some of the greatest players in the game, includes some of the highest highs and lowest lows, and is truly exciting year after year.

Unfortunately, the Red Sox haven't overcome that darned curse yet!!!!! Go Sox!!!!!
                Nothin' like fun at the ol' ballpark!

Comment

Originally posted by CubbieFan7
                  Why don't you buy the Yankees and turn them into a hockey team? That way they'll just disappear.

Unfortunately I think the Yankees are the only company that could afford to do it!!!....
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

Re: Be happy your with New York's success...

Originally posted by YankeeMan
                    Hey! They've only won six in my lifetime <does some quick caculations> Oh wait, that's the most in baseball, during that time frame. Ummm, nevermind...

I think of what you said above and I can't help but think of my poor father who LOVED the Sox, lived 79 years and never saw a championship come to Boston,,, I hope you realize how lucky you are. ... :o ......
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

Re: Re: Be happy your with New York's success...

Originally posted by KenFougere
                      I think of what you said above and I can't help but think of my poor father who LOVED the Sox, lived 79 years and never saw a championship come to Boston,,, I hope you realize how lucky you are. ... :o ......

I know how "lucky" it is to be a Yankee. I also know, to some extent (18 years) what a drought feels like.

My great baseball hope is that I'll live long enough to see the Cubs and Red Sox both win the World Series.

It would be a great day for baseball -- not just in Boston or Chicago. And if I get a little "watery eyed" while your celebrating know this... It will not be from sadness or anger. It will be from great joy.

Some bitter rivalry, eh?
                      WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

Lord o' da' Rings!

Let me take a wild guess....mmmm....

............One of yours perhaps ? ? ? ?
                        ........ ......... ..........
                        Yep, my 1996 ring. I can now wear it virtually!
                        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Re: Lord o' da' Rings!

Originally posted by YankeeMan
                          Yep, my 1996 ring. I can now wear it virtually!

Ring Lord.....

Now, is that the style that the players got?

Do you get a chioce?
                          Last edited by KenFougere; 04-14-2003, 05:42 PM.
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

Re: Re: Lord o' da' Rings!

Ring Lord.....

Now, is that the style that the players got?

Do you get a chioce?

No, the diamond in the center of the interlocking NY is much larger on the player/exec ring. That's the only difference.
                            WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Obviously I am not way up there with most of you as far as the history of the game is concerned, however from what I have read there is no doubt that no other rivalry can match the Red Sox - Yankee history. Interestingly, during yesterday's telecast of the Giants/Dodgers game the same question was asked in the fans survey and the result (over 17,000 responses) was overwhelming to the BoSox/Yankees with more than 62% of the vote. Second was Giants/Dodgers and third was Cubs/Cards.

RB
                              "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Yankees--Dodgers

I know they don't play every year but I wonder why the Yankees-Dodgers rivalry is hardly ever mentioned among the "great rivialries."
                                WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X