This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by efin98
    I'll do it only if I can keep the third line of my signature- those are three words I can't part with until March 1st.
    If BC498's OK with that, then we're on.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
      I'll decrease the size to a much smaller size, wouldn't want it to clash with anything he requests
      Best posts ever:
      Originally posted by nymdan
      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• At Matt's urging, I'll join in. Even though I have neither sig nor av at the moment, the way Tampa's beating the stuffing out of NY, I fear somebody's going to take care of that for me.

Comment

• Just over 4 hours to go and we're lacking in Red Sawx fans. So far, the pairings go as follows:

SoxSon / yankees rule
          efin98 / BC498
          Biggerin / Mattingly

Each of Coal Cracker and sandlot (both Yankee fans) aren't paired yet.

Lemme see what I can do at the 11th hour.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
            I'm a reasonable man, and don't have any real problems with the Patriots, so it's fine with me.

Comment

• Thanks, BC.

I doubt we'll get more Sawx fans, despite my having sent out a last-minute PM at 3pm ET (4 hrs before game time). I guess that Coal Cracker and sandlot won't be paired up.

Tried my best. Hopefully, the boys will player better than they did against TB just now.

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98
                He is one guy, but I was actually thinking about Trot Nixon and or Jason Varitek.

And Unless I am mistaken, those bums on your team who once wore Red Sox red were run out of town!
                Flash? Couldn't save a game.
                Embree? Couldn't get an out.
                Bellhorn? Couldn't get a hit or play defense.

You can keep them all!
                Beware of that. The Sox said that before with a certain player.
                Before you know it they will curse you again

Comment

• Dale Curtis Sveum

June 7, 1982: Drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 1st round (25th pick) of the 1982 amateur draft.
                  December 11, 1991: Traded by the Milwaukee Brewers to the Philadelphia Phillies for Bruce Ruffin.
                  August 10, 1992: Traded by the Philadelphia Phillies to the Chicago White Sox for Keith Shepherd.
                  October 26, 1992: Granted Free Agency.
                  January 21, 1993: Signed as a Free Agent with the Oakland Athletics.
                  June 17, 1993: Released by the Oakland Athletics.
                  June 27, 1993: Signed as a Free Agent with the Seattle Mariners.
                  October 7, 1994: Granted Free Agency.
                  November 10, 1994: Signed as a Free Agent with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
                  October 16, 1995: Granted Free Agency.
                  February 2, 1996: Signed as a Free Agent with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
                  October 28, 1997: Granted Free Agency.
                  November 25, 1997: Signed as a Free Agent with the New York Yankees.

Who says the Yankees don't make investments towards their future

Comment

• For the benefit of the Sawx fantasizers who may be away from the TV set:

Encore, Alex!

Comment

• Originally posted by BC498
                      Dale Curtis Sveum

November 25, 1997: Signed as a Free Agent with the New York Yankees.

Who says the Yankees don't make investments towards their future
                      And every other 3rd Base coach in the league applauds his guttsy move, including Luis Sojo.

Up by two runs against a hard hitting team, the Sox needed every run and the catcher at the plate ain't what he used to be. Could have gone the other way just as easily. Tough play, but I don't blame Dale for making the call to send him...
                      Best posts ever:
                      Originally posted by nymdan
                      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• A day after getting smacked down by TB, they end up losing 7-4 to the Blue Jays and we beat Boston 8-4.

One day I'll figure out baseball. Until then, we can't get swept.
                        Last edited by Mattingly; 09-09-2005, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Well, THAT game just stunk out loud. 4 errors? Peeee-yewwww! h

My one consolation is that it's highly unlikely that the Sox will play that horribly tomorrow. Fingers crossed that Schilling gets his act together and throws some decent innings, and the Sox remember where the heck they left their bats. AND THEIR GLOVES!!!!

Tek shoulda slid, dangit.

(Oh -- in case anyone's wondering... I don't bet my av mainly because it's my private handmade av, and were the worst to happen and the other team won, I wouldn't know how to get it back after my sentence of wearing the other team's av was up. Secondly, I have the rottenest luck betting on anything, and I don't want to jinx my team. They seem to be having enough trouble without me putting the whammy on them. )
                          --Annie
                          Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                          Remember Yellowdog
                          ABNY

Comment

• Annie, you folks were being kind to your local friendly Yankee fans. How kind of you people to make 4 errors and help us out.

Hey, at least our pitcher and SS didn't make an error on the same play. Ohhhhhhhhhh, and

JETER IS BETTER!

As to your av, if you right click, you can save it on your PC somewhere. Don't worry, we'd make sure that you got it back ... eventually. Hey, how soon before February?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Mattingly; 09-09-2005, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Well, what can I say. Renteria leads the Majors... IN ERRORS! :grouchy Man, I remember back in the day when we had a good defensive shortstop... it doesn't seem that long ago. Anyway... it wasn't e-1 and e-6, it was e-8 and e-6. This was after the e-4 and before the e-2.

Thoughts of last October sustain me through dreadful games like this. Ahhh.... I feel better now...
                              --Annie
                              Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                              Remember Yellowdog
                              ABNY

Comment

• OK, so you folks had Nomah. Sawx fans said "Nomah's Better".

He was traded and you guys/gals ended up with Orlando Cabrera. He was all-glove, no-hit, then started hitting after awhile (late August or September, I think). Then you folks decided that Renteria would be an upgrade.

I'm curious, what was there about Renteria why he was considered an upgrade? OC was already used to Boston.

OC dramatically improved his OPS, mostly via SLG. In 2004 (2nd half only) Orlando Cabrera had a .785 OPS in Boston, where he'd finally gotten used to. This was down from .807 in Montreal.

Edgar Renteria had a .728 OPS in 2004, down from career high of .874 in 2003.

Unless Renteria's footwork & glove gave indications of being better overall, I'd think that OC was on the way up, but Renteria was heading south slowly. Lots of other facts were likely added up, but that's my first thought.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X