Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phiiieew. My prediction was correct (would be the first time or so ).

Well Soxson, at least I don't have to wear you sig and av for two weeks now.

GO YANKEES. LET'S SWEEP THEM!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
      OK, so you folks had Nomah. Sawx fans said "Nomah's Better".

He was traded and you guys/gals ended up with Orlando Cabrera. He was all-glove, no-hit, then started hitting after awhile (late August or September, I think). Then you folks decided that Renteria would be an upgrade.

I'm curious, what was there about Renteria why he was considered an upgrade? OC was already used to Boston.

OC dramatically improved his OPS, mostly via SLG. In 2004 (2nd half only) Orlando Cabrera had a .785 OPS in Boston, where he'd finally gotten used to. This was down from .807 in Montreal.

Edgar Renteria had a .728 OPS in 2004, down from career high of .874 in 2003.

Unless Renteria's footwork & glove gave indications of being better overall, I'd think that OC was on the way up, but Renteria was heading south slowly. Lots of other facts were likely added up, but that's my first thought.
      If Nomar had made 25 errors in the first 5 months of the season, he would have been burned at the stake.

Curious, isn't it? OC (once he had settled in; it took about 2 weeks) was a wizard with the glove and ended up hitting over .300 in his brief but celebrated tenure with the Sox. I was pretty surprised (and I guess he was, too) when, once the Rolling Rally had ended, they handed him his hat, said, "nice to know you, thanks and good luck" and, while calling Renteria's agent, pushed OC out the clubhouse door.

Now, I know OC hasn't had a brilliant year this season; I do believe he was on the DL for a bit and hasn't been hitting well. But whereas it is said of Manny that he drives in more runs than he allows to score with his iffy fielding, the opposite is true of OC, who saves more runs from scoring than he creates himself with the bat. What's he got this year, 5 errors? If that many?

Unless next year is significantly better than this year, I am of the opinion that Renteria is shockingly overpaid. If he spikes another ball into the infield dirt today you'll hear my scream from 300 miles away.
      Last edited by VTSoxFan; 09-10-2005, 06:09 AM.
      --Annie
      Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
      Remember Yellowdog
      ABNY

Comment

• I heard reference to some Yankee toilet paper in Fever Pitch. Any one know where I can get my ***** (hands) on some?
        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
        Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees rule
          Phiiieew. My prediction was correct (would be the first time or so ).

Well Soxson, at least I don't have to wear you sig and av for two weeks now.

GO YANKEES. LET'S SWEEP THEM!!!!
          Well, as of right now, Game 2 is 8-0 in our favor.
          If this holds, tomorrow should be very interesting!
          "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
            Well, as of right now, Game 2 is 8-0 in our favor.
            If this holds, tomorrow should be very interesting!
            Cliché: It ain't over until it's over. It is only 8-0.

When tomorrows game will be the rubber game, I am affraid the series will go to Boston. Like I said: Wakefield kinda owns the Yankees.

At least Holland is leading Panama with 9-2 :gt

Comment

• Amazing how talkative you New Yorkers were yesterday during the game but have not made one peep today

What's the matter? Power surge preventing you from logging on?
              Best posts ever:
              Originally posted by nymdan
              Too... much... math... head... hurts...
              Originally posted by RuthMayBond
              I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98
                Amazing how talkative you New Yorkers were yesterday during the game but have not made one peep today

How talkative were the Sawx fans yesterday? Hmmmmmmm? :gt

After we scored lots of runs, ran out of momentum today. I figure the same will happen tomorrow for your guys.

I'm just upset that the Yankee bats didn't take lots of pitches, since we were going down on the 1st or 2nd pitch so many times.

Giambi had a nice 3-6-3 play for once, but Cano can't throw to 1B, a la Chuckie. Felix Rodriguez botches the 1-2-3 and we only get 1 out, as Hideki Matsui drops the ball on Ortiz, everyone safe.

Lots of discussion on the game in the Yankee forum, if you'd care to look.
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98
                  Amazing how talkative you New Yorkers were yesterday during the game but have not made one peep today

It is not fair. You guys deliberately beat us. :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy

Comment

It is not fair. You guys deliberately beat us. :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy
                    I love that line!

We might have accidentally won, but I think there was real purpose behind those 14 or so hits. :gt
                    --Annie
                    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                    Remember Yellowdog
                    ABNY

Comment

After we scored lots of runs, ran out of momentum today. I figure the same will happen tomorrow for your guys.

Do you really believe this? Hmm?
                      C'mon...admit it...you're scared!!!!!!

"Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Nahhhhhhhh, 2090's awhile away from here. Dig me up when it gets here.
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Yes I am. But therefore I am a nincompoop or so.

I don't want to be marked for the second time in the timespan of a year .

Comment

Nahhhhhhhh, 2090's awhile away from here. Dig me up when it gets here.

2090? Is that when Randy Johnson's contract is up?

Comment

Yes I am. But therefore I am a nincompoop or so.

I don't want to be marked for the second time in the timespan of a year .

Excellent! Now you've used the word in a sentence!

Comment

Excellent! Now you've used the word in a sentence!
                                Hey, I'm a fast learner

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X