This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly
    It would be nice if we had some NL folks over here, instead of complaining that it's all AL fans.

Well us NL folks don't have much to rival about. The Cards will beat everybody in the NL. As a Cubs fan it pains me to say that but it's true. So we're just waiting to see which AL team they'll be playing. I hope it's the Yanks myself

Comment

• !!!

Originally posted by SoxSon
      Here's the problem with that.
      When the Red Sox advance to the postseason, I'd rather make wagers with fans of contending teams. It does me no good at all to have a NY fan wearing a Sox avatar 2-4 weeks after that last series, when you'll have nothing to come here and even write about! :gt

yankees rule: standard rules for me: 1 week for a win in the series, 2 weeks for a sweep, yes?

, hee hee...
      Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
      Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• copied from another thread

Thank you. To be mentioned in same sentence with calm, patient Annie...

VARITEK, STOP SWINGING AT THE HIGH HEAT!!!!!!!!!!! YOU KNOW BETTER.

Ya wanna come over and see my etchings? I apologize, but I haven't unpacked my handcuffs yet.
        ???NPR just announced that ER visits are down when the Red Sox are winning, and up 15% when the Red Sox are losing to the Yankees. Honest, just on the radio.

my wrists are in pretty bad shape, but i'm going to fenway weds and thursday. gave one of my mds tuesday ticket. binoculars! Ineed binoculars. walkmann died. need new walkman.

I'M GOING TO FENWAY!!!!!!!!!!! WHEE!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
          Here's the problem with that.
          When the Red Sox advance to the postseason, I'd rather make wagers with fans of contending teams. It does me no good at all to have a NY fan wearing a Sox avatar 2-4 weeks after that last series, when you'll have nothing to come here and even write about! :gt

yankees rule: standard rules for me: 1 week for a win in the series, 2 weeks for a sweep, yes?
          We already had a deal. It is on. May the least miserable team win

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston
            VARITEK, STOP SWINGING AT THE HIGH HEAT!!!!!!!!!!! YOU KNOW BETTER.
            Our players are worse. They swing at the first pitch every time... Result pop up, fly out, action 4-3 etc. :grouchy

Originally posted by CuriousBoston
            I'M GOING TO FENWAY!!!!!!!!!!! WHEE!!!!!!!!
            I really, really feel sorry for you. Poor girl.

Comment

• I am not a girl...

Originally posted by yankees rule
              Our players are worse. They swing at the first pitch every time... Result pop up, fly out, action 4-3 etc. :grouchy

I really, really feel sorry for you. Poor girl.
              or a chick. I am woman,hear me roar...relatively famous quote, can't remember who.
              eexpletive wrists. Should be "a" woman.

w-sec3 box 89 rowEE
              t-sec31 row1....

I'm going to fenway!!!!!!!!!wheee!!!!!!!!!!what happens to the postponedgame?who isgonnnapitch?

Comment

• Doubleheader today (just what our lame and aching guys need right now, a doubleheader..) and Wake will pitch Game 1 against Byrd. Schillng will rpobably go in Game 2, against ???

I'm thinking about maybe falling down the front steps, or maybe just disabling my car so I can't go to work. Baseball fans should get game days off with pay, esp. this time of year, if their teams are still in the hunt.
                --Annie
                Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                Remember Yellowdog
                ABNY

Comment

• here scoop

Originally posted by VTSoxFan
                  Doubleheader today (just what our lame and aching guys need right now, a doubleheader..) and Wake will pitch Game 1 against Byrd. Schillng will rpobably go in Game 2, against ???

I'm thinking about maybe falling down the front steps, or maybe just disabling my car so I can't go to work. Baseball fans should get game days off with pay, esp. this time of year, if their teams are still in the hunt.
                  '

personal day, family emergency? it is personal,and it is family

tues-wake, bush-???who is this?; schilling, chacin
                  weds-lily, arroyo
                  thurs-downs-??, clement
                  fri-wang, wells
                  sat-rj, wake===oh boy!!!!!!
                  sun-moose, schilling===schilling, you republican, you had bettah win.

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston
                    or a chick. I am woman,hear me roar...relatively famous quote, can't remember who.
                    eexpletive wrists. Should be "a" woman.

w-sec3 box 89 rowEE
                    t-sec31 row1....

I'm going to fenway!!!!!!!!!wheee!!!!!!!!!!what happens to the postponedgame?who isgonnnapitch?

Regarding your quote, CB........"I am woman hear me roar".....and continues, "in numbers too big to ignore".... It was a HUGE hit recording by Helen Reddy in the 1970's.

Have a great time at the game! You should carry some kind of a sign so we can pick you out of the crowd?

The PPD game from last night is being played at 1:05PM today. It doesn't appear on Extra Innings schedule for today. Does anyone know IF they will carry it? I hope so!

c.

Comment

• Originally posted by DODGER DEB
                      Have a great time at the game! You should carry some kind of a sign so we can pick you out of the crowd?
                      Something like a big sign saying:

"CuriousBoston Is Here!"

*awaits the millisecond before Deb figures out the references*
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Something like a big sign saying:

"CuriousBoston Is Here!"

*awaits the millisecond before Deb figures out the references*

Sounds like THAT would work....PERFECTLY!!

c.

Comment

• Originally posted by DODGER DEB
                          Sounds like THAT would work....PERFECTLY!!

c.
                          And would the Brooklyn/Boston Sym-Phony also be making an appearance?
                          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Tied at the top

Originally posted by DODGER DEB
                            Does anyone know IF they will carry it? I hope so!
                            c.
                            Just finished watching the MLB gameday, Boston 3, Toronto 1.
                            Big Papi: 2RBI, Manny being Manny 1RBI. Blue Jays only score was on a passed ball. Does Mirabelli get a -1 RBI?

The big dogs are again tied atop the AL East, and hope they stay this way until the final series, don't you?
                            Last edited by trosmok; 09-30-2005, 06:16 AM.
                            Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

And would the Brooklyn/Boston Sym-Phony also be making an appearance?

Matt, you have absolutely no idea the lengths a BROOKLYN fan will go to support their team, the BOSTON RED SOX (the present and future World Champions)

As for OUR DODGER SYM-PHONY making an appearance....they would fit right in at Fenway....and the SOX fans would love them!

c.
                              Last edited by DODGER DEB; 09-27-2005, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by trosmok
                                Just finished watching the MLB gameday, Boston 3, Toronto 1.
                                Big Papi: 2RBIs, Manny being Manny 1RBI. Blue Jays only score was on a passed ball. Does Mirabelli get a -1 RBI?

The big dogs are again tied atop the AL East, and hope they stay this way until the final series, don't you?
                                I was glad they did carry the game. Just got done watching it. Wake looked terrific, once again.

A little help from those Birds from Baltimore tonight would be so nice...and very welcome. If not, as the saying goes, YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE....DO IT YOURSELF!!! If that's the way it has to be, the SOX can handle it!

KEEP on BELIEVING!!!!

c.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X