This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants vs. Dodgers

Hate the Dodgers. Hate Jeff Kent, the gayest player ever. So is Gagne and Weaver. Dodgers suck. Giants are way better. We got Barry. I love the Giants and Dodgers rivarly. It's fun to watch them lose.
    GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!OMAR IS DA BEST SHORSTOP!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by otis89
      Go Cubs!! Can we get some more Cubs and Cards fans posting in here. This is the bitter rivals thread, not the official Yankees vs. Red Sox thread. I'm sick of reading about them all the time.
      Seems there are very few out in Baseball Fever who are as passionate about the "bitter" rivalry as the Yanks and Bosox.....and realistically, that is the rivalry that seems to be brought up in the media the most by far. I have seen occasional posts relating to other rivalries, and was unaware of a "bitter" rivalry between the Cubs and Cards :noidea , so if one exists, go for it Cubs & Cards fans as I for one am interested in reading all about it.
      "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

I'm sick of reading about them all the time.
        I'd say that I feel pretty sick of hearing how others are sick of hearing about Boston and NY. Simple solution: if you want more posts about other teams (and I think that's a great idea), post them.
        "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
          I'd say that I feel pretty sick of hearing how others are sick of hearing about Boston and NY. Simple solution: if you want more posts about other teams (and I think that's a great idea), post them.
          Hear, hear, SoxSon.
          --Annie
          Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
          Remember Yellowdog
          ABNY

Comment

Go Cubs!! Can we get some more Cubs and Cards fans posting in here. This is the bitter rivals thread, not the official Yankees vs. Red Sox thread. I'm sick of reading about them all the time.
            Since I've posted on here more than any other thread I can think of, I'll only say that I've openly invited fans of other teams, including NL teams, to post here. If they don't take me up on my offer, what can I do?

There are other NL fans, especially with two Central teams playing in the NLCS. Here's, it's been primarily Yankees-Red Sox, and in the first half, several Baltimore fans. A few Brooklyn Dodgers, Cubs, White Sox, LA Dodgers, 'Stros and several others, but none on a regular basis.

As mentioned by SoxSon, if you want more people in here, then please get them in here. I'm all for it, but this thread is more of a fun type of thing, and not everyone's into the sense of humor we have here, which is unique to this thread. More cheesy cheap shots, zings and yucks w/baseball discussion intermixed than anything else.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Wait 'till next year!

Sure, the Yankees and Red Sox have been eliminated and must wait until '06 just like my poor Cubs, but they get more ink and talk still, even last evening, than the Cards and Astos combined.

A Cub fan's worst scenario could still come true; White Sox v. Cardinals WS! One of them would win and be World Champions!

I guess I'm still pulling for the Astros because they have never won it all, and the White Sox since it has been ever so long....

Remember, Red Sox Nation, you'll always have last year!

And you Evil Empire worshipers, y'all had last century, and no one can take that away from you!
              Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
                I'd post more often in here if it would get other team's fans in here, but it doesn't, so I don't. I just want to see more discussion in here about teams other than the Yankees and Red Sox since the topic did not dictate that those were the only two teams that were to be discussed in here.

Comment

• 1. Dodgers-Giants
                  2. Yankees-Red Sox
                  3. Mets-Phillies
                  4. Cubs-Cards
                  5. Could be alot of teams but right now A's-Angels because of the last 3-4 years

Any interleague matchup is not a rivarly it is for the fan and it does not mean anything in the standings of the divison

Comment

I'd post more often in here if it would get other team's fans in here, but it doesn't, so I don't. I just want to see more discussion in here about teams other than the Yankees and Red Sox since the topic did not dictate that those were the only two teams that were to be discussed in here.
                    I can understand what you're saying, but I don't think your last post was going to help much.

The only thing you can do is to keep posting in here, and try to get fans of your rival team to respond to your jibes. If that doesn't work, I guess nothing will.

I'd really like to see other rivalries in here, too.
                    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• If the World Ser-i-ous (or whatever they call that Fall Classic thing) isn't a big enough stage to talk a li'l ol' smackey-poo, then what is? Sigs and avs, folks? Ruffle a few feathers? C'mon, who's the better team? Who's team can beat whose?

Let's get together and sling a few barbs and cheesy shots in here while you all can!
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• I think interleague rivals are just as big as same league rivals. However I think the Yankees should play an extra interleague series witht he Dodgers. That wold be fun to watch. Also I think the Cubs and Sox can get pretty heated but I guess thats if you live near Chicago and have the two in one area. The Cubs-Sox rivalry is the strongest interleague one. I dont consider the Mets and Yankees big since they have almost no history with each other (except 2000). The Cubs and Sox go back to 1906.
                        "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                        -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                        -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

• Dear Messrs tros and SoxSon:

Who gave you Yankee haters permission to post here? Please make the right move, bow down to the Mighty Yankees before ye face extreme annihilation!

Derek Jeter jerseys sold in the back. Get yer Mickey #7 and JoeD #5 jerseys here! Step right up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cubsfan97
                            I think interleague rivals are just as big as same league rivals. However I think the Yankees should play an extra interleague series witht he Dodgers. That wold be fun to watch. Also I think the Cubs and Sox can get pretty heated but I guess thats if you live near Chicago and have the two in one area. The Cubs-Sox rivalry is the strongest interleague one. I dont consider the Mets and Yankees big since they have almost no history with each other (except 2000). The Cubs and Sox go back to 1906.

When the Yankees came to LA in 2004 it was very exciting because of the history of the two clubs in the World Series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cubsfan97
                              I dont consider the Mets and Yankees big since they have almost no history with each other (except 2000). The Cubs and Sox go back to 1906.

Even though the Mets only go back to 1962 they've assumed the mantle of New York City's National League team--once carried jointly by the Dodgers and Giants and those rivalries go back to the early 1900's as well. Those traditions/prejudices/energies were transferred to the Mets fans who inherited a love and pride of the National League from their Dodger/Giants forebearers and have since passed it down to their children. The rivalry is actually rooted in the very essence of the game and how it should be played: Purists vs. bastardizers

Comment

• There's a sucker born every minute....

Originally posted by Mattingly
                                Dear Messrs tros and SoxSon:
                                Who gave you Yankee haters permission to post here?
                                ...at today's increased rate of births, it is more like thirty seconds now.

P.T. Barnum must be getting quite a giggle from the latest Yanquis acquisition, $17 million, three year deal for Kyle Farnsworth!

The former Cub starter, quirkmeister, licorice chewing, brush his teeth or tooth between innings, salami ball slinger is going to serve up some bombs in the Bronx. Rivera should be given veto power over Cashaman's more idiotic moves for a set-up man. Think back to game 4, nlds, 6-1 Braves over Astros in the eighth, and here's the pitch....Berkman launches one out for a grand slam! Move ahead, two out in the ninth, and Kyle "Wichita Slam" Farnsworth gives up the game tying gopher to Brad Ausmus. Houston goes on to win in eighteen. Prepare yourselves, Evil Empire fans for more, much much more of the same. At least he still does the prettiest pirouette over the foul lines when entering or exiting the field.:atthepc
                                Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X