X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glad to join the fray!

Sounds like fun!

I like to zing and I can take it when zinged as well. I do have to admit to having bitter hatred towards the yankees. It isn't that I don't think there's nice people who root for the bombers, it's just a LOT of built up frustration as you can imagine.
    I mean Babe Ruth?, how dare you!
    and Herb Pennock....
    and Carl Mays....
    and Ernie Shore....
    and Waite Hoyt...
    and Joe Bush....
    and Sam Jones...
    and Red Ruffing...
    and Duffy Lewis...
    and Everett Scott...
    and Sparky Lyle...
    and Luis Tiant...
    and Wade Boggs...
    and Roger Clemens...
    HAVE I MISSED ANYBODY???

(as you can see, I'm VERY interested in baseball history as well.)

You know, the yankees never won anything for a long time until owner Col. Jake Ruppert, GM Ed Barrow, and Manager Miller Huggins came along. That gave them brains and committment for the first time, and they eventually flourished. The same has happened with my beloved RedSox. They haven't won anything for a long time, until owners John Henry, Larry Luccino, and Tom Wehner, GM Theo Epstein, and manager....er, well we still gotta find that really smart manager, but we're almost there! Once they all came along, we began to flourish as well. The Yanks have had brighter mgt for decades but that is no longer true. In fact, I think georgie's only positive help towards the yanks are the size of his wallet and his determination to win. but brains? nah, he depends on his 'baseball people' and fires them haphazadly when the team doesn't win, even when it's because of moves that he's demanded. and of course his childish behavior is a constant distraction and embarrasment to the team. no, now that we have smart mgt in place at long last, george's purse is the only thing we're competing with, and brains should be able to beat that out. (I hope.
    )

Comment

• question

I noticed you guys seem to almost always have a previous quote at the top of your posts - how do I do that?

I see how to use quote in the reply message screen, but how does it say 'previoulsy posted by'?

thanks

Comment

• There's a button in the lower right of the screen. It's directly above Post Reply and to the right of the Edit button.
        2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Hank Aaron
          There's a button in the lower right of the screen. It's directly above Post Reply and to the right of the Edit button.

Thanks!

I'll get this stuff figured out!

Comment

• Fanatic, you'll have to wait until Thursday before the action restarts. How do you think Boston will fare against Toronto again? You think they can be swept again? Are they due for a little revenge against your team?
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Bah! it hasn't been a full day yet and i'm already getting withdrawals. baseball should be played every day at 6:00 pm year round ><

Anyway, I say the sox take a split, win 3 outta 4 or sweep.
              "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
              -Scott Stossel

Comment

• btw, the difference between this year and last year:

Last year, by the all star break, we had already peaked. 40-17 to start the season ain't too shabby. However, dispite that 40-17 start, we were only 1 game ahead of where we are now as of the all-star break.

What that means is, we were getting weaker, as a team.

This year, it's been pretty consistant. We win 2, lose 1, win 3 lose 2, etc. At the most, we've won 7 and lost 5 (in a row). We haven't come too close to either since. I think we've only lost 3 in a row or more twice this season, and been shut out only 3 times. We've had a handfull of 4-5 game winning streaks to go with that.

Last year, at this time we were getting weaker, this year, we're getting stronger. Like I said earlier in the season, I take my slumps early.

I agree, it's going to be neck and neck all season long, but the sox will be in the lead in the end
                "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
                -Scott Stossel

Comment

• The Yanks have been much more inconsistent season. They started out like a racing horse out of the gate at the beginning of the season. Then they had a terrible May and long losing streaks. I don't know much about the AL East but I've got my money on the Red Sox, at least for hope more than anything else.
                  2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                    Fanatic, you'll have to wait until Thursday before the action restarts. How do you think Boston will fare against Toronto again? You think they can be swept again? Are they due for a little revenge against your team?
                    Well ya know, there's really no way of telling. Of course, as a sox fan, I WANT to say we can sweep, but everything always depends on so many factors, so we take it one game at a time.
                    I think if the sox don't come out flat, and come out hitting and pitching like they were than 3 or 4 wins in the Toronto series is a very possibility. But what if they come out flat? Or the pitching starts back slow? My best guess is we'll take 3 out of the 4 games. Halladay is tough, and so's their hitting. we may end up with a split and it's early enough that that wouldn't be the end of the world. but I hope not.
                    What are about you? - how do you think the yanks will open up after the break?

Comment

• Originally posted by Biggerin
                      Bah! it hasn't been a full day yet and i'm already getting withdrawals. baseball should be played every day at 6:00 pm year round ><

I agree totally! I don't know what to do with myself!

Anyway, I say the sox take a split, win 3 outta 4 or sweep.
                      that's it? your only going with 3 of the 5 possible outcomes? are you sure you don't want to cover the last 2 possible outcomes as well? way to go out on a limb there buddy!
                      Last edited by RedSoxFanAtic; 07-14-2003, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biggerin
                        Last year, at this time we were getting weaker, this year, we're getting stronger. Like I said earlier in the season, I take my slumps early.
                        Biggerin: I agree that the 2nd half looks even more promising than the first, especially now that the Sox have stabilized their bullpen. Two guys to keep a close eye on, however, are John Burkett and Johnny Damon. Burkett has a history of poor 2nd half performance and if he remains true to form we can only hope that collapse comes while there is still time left on the trade clock. Damon on the other hand is a better performer in the 2nd half. We can only hope so. For a lead-off guy his OBP stinks and his inconsistancy is really getting on my nerves.

But before we get too ahead of ourselves (I came within an inch of sending out a gloating post but decided to wait until after the Sox finished yesterday's game against the Tigers), take a good look at what's on tap for August. The Sox still have to face Oakland, Seattle, and the recently resurgent Angels. They finish the month at home with 2 against Toronto and 3 vs. NYY then have the 1 day makeup vs. Philly to start September. Plus, Texas could still hand them their a$$e$ to close July.

I really do hope the inconsistancy is over and that the Sox manage to break with tradition and finish strong (c'mon Morgan Magic). Even though September looks a little soft, I think a hard August might be the prep they need to play into October.

2007 World Series Champions
                        The Boston Red Sox

Comment

• by the way...

I named all the sox that the yanks have stolen through the years, but I'm still pissed Tris Speaker was traded to the indians and replaced with...
                          tilly walker!
                          and I haven't recovered from Fisk, Lynn, & Burleson all leaving at once.

and clemens walking and winning 3 more cy's.

I have had enough poor mgt from the sox brass. I'm ready to enjoy some intelligence for once. sometimes, the toughest thing is realizing your never gonna agree with everything they do, but as long as they keep surprising me with their moves working out great, I got no complaints. and since theo has taken over, a LOT of his moves have turned out great!

Comment

• He just warms your heart, don't he

Gee, people are finally starting to warm up to Roger . . .

========><========
                            Last edited by KenFougere; 07-14-2003, 05:04 PM.
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• I think a big plus in the Sox's (Sox'? Soxs'?) favor is that most of the remaining schedule is to be played at home, and they've been VERY good in Fenway this year.

Plus I get to go see two of those games! (v. Angels and v. A's.)
                              They're .500 in games I go see at Fenway -- 5-5 in my visits since 1983.
                              --Annie
                              Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                              Remember Yellowdog
                              ABNY

Comment

• Originally posted by FlashGordon

I really do hope the inconsistancy is over and that the Sox manage to break with tradition and finish strong (c'mon Morgan Magic). Even though September looks a little soft, I think a hard August might be the prep they need to play into October. [/B]
                                Flash - the thing is, the Yankee's september is just as soft. we just gotta win the damn ballgames. I agree with you r points and think we're likely to have a better 2nd half than the first due to the improved pen. I'm still looking for theo to drop a sidney ponson bomb and energize this team. sounds like georgie might land juan gone.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X