Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsignor tros (see how I can spell out Msgr, but not trosmok), on another board, there's a detailed analysis of Kyle, including that bomb you'd mentioned.

Still, he's young. Then again, so was Jeff Weaver, and his playing in Comerica Airport (or whatever that humongous place is called) didn't help him one bit, and the Yanks got stuck with the more expensive end of his contract.

*blames that signing on Msg tros, and any future Yankee signing that goes bad*

Anyway, someone had to set up. Since Tom "Flash" Gordon wanted to close, we had no choice. Investing $18m/3 yrs like the Philly Cheesesteak folks did wouldn't have made since, since he's 38. I'll deal with it. If not, I'll be back and I won't be nice about it either!
    Last edited by Mattingly; 12-05-2005, 08:23 AM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by trosmok
      Kyle "Wichita Slam" Farnsworth.....
      OMG I'd forgotten he was the baseball wrestler.

The Rivalry might take on some more zip this year, if he gets into the act....
      --Annie
      Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
      Remember Yellowdog
      ABNY

Comment

• Originally posted by VTSoxFan
        OMG I'd forgotten he was the baseball wrestler.

The Rivalry might take on some more zip this year, if he gets into the act....
        To me, it was all about endurance. Gordon was very good for some of the season, but in others, he just melted in late September and early October.

The Yanks definitely need more than just two guys who are reliable in the pen. When we had Stanton as our setup, he was good, and Ramiro 'Doza would work the 7th and/or 8th inning. We need more than that, since a setup's quality will greatly affect a closer's effectiveness (can't just keep having the closer squelch the fires that the setupman started). Same with the mid-relievers to the setup man.

I'll cross my fingers, like everyone else. And let the Yankee haters be ... well, I'll think of something later on.
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Give me a week or so to get caught up . . .

- Boy, do I have alot of reading to do . . .

Comment

• Welcome back, Ken!! We've missed you!!
            --Annie
            Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
            Remember Yellowdog
            ABNY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jake83
              Is there any way we could turn this into a fourm. Where the rules are a little more relax
              Only a Dodger fan would ask for that.

(Just keeping it in the spirit of this thread. )
              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                - Boy, do I have alot of reading to do . . .
                Oh geez, just when I thought that this thread was safe against any Beantowners ... along comes Ken. Oh gawsh!

Anyway, make sure you read up on the part where the Mighty Yankees trounce the Red Sox. Feel free to surrender any time!

remember, only 84 more seasons 'til 2090 gets here

Comment

• Ken's Back!!!!!!!

Great! Annie, I never thought about Foulke's knees being connected with catching a running, leaping Varitek, being propelled backwards, then having everyone on the field and bench making you ground zero. It never entered my mind; as soon as I read your post, it was, of course, that's what happened.

Yankee fans, does your team have a minimum age limit of 35 or 30? Was this wrestler "Witchita Slam" hired to deal with "Don't mess with my pitchers Varitek", or "Nobody is having a fight without me Nixon"?
                  Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                  Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• What-you-talkin-bout-CB?

Now then, it is customary in this thread that all Beantowners bow deeply to the Mighty Yankee fans, who happen to be rulers of the free world.

After this, you may request permission to speak, which will normally be denied. Children and Red Sawx fans will speak only when adults and Yankee fans have spoken to them.

Oh geez, her and these fights. Even her kid brother's not safe.

Comment

• Speaking of Red Sox/Yankees, my father did get to see one BoSox vs. Yankees on TV a few years ago, and the starting pitchers were the two AL East rivals: Jimmy Key and Roger Clemens. It was a long game, but the Yankees emerged 8-3. When did this game occur, you ask? August 11, 1993 at Fenway Park in Beanville.

Comment

• It was his fault!!

He was stabbing me in the legs with a sparkler, I was walking downstairs with a tray, so I kicked him. I didn't know where to aim. One second later I did.

#1 Fortune cookie: Welcome change. Numbers: 16,24,37,49,5,30. #2: There is no substitute for good manners except, maybe, fast reflexes. 5,38,15,24,7,29. Hmmm.
                        Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                        Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                          remember, only 84 more seasons 'til 2090 gets here
                          Counting the years till your next win, huh? Attaboy, keep yer chin up!
                          --Annie
                          Remember Yellowdog
                          ABNY

Comment

• No hope without him . . .

Comment

No hope without him . . .

*trades Manny for a 1/2 dozen jelly donuts*

Comment

No hope without him . . .
                                He ain't going anywher

He's still under contract for a few more years, only the Yankees could afford to pick up his contract and they sure as heck ain't gonna trade for him!
                                Best posts ever:
                                Originally posted by nymdan
                                Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                                I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X